PDA

View Full Version : Bittracker?

tony draper
16th Mar 2008, 22:03
Just registered on a website ,err at least tried to,website devoted to downloadable guitar backing tracks,problem is part of the registration asked for Prefered Bittorrent(SP?) Client.?
err problem is I int got a clue what Bitorrent is :confused:
Can anybody help?:(

S'land
16th Mar 2008, 22:22
Mr D.

You need a programme to download the bit torrents.I use uTorrent. This is a free programme and easy to use.

http://www.utorrent.com/?client=utorrent1770

tony draper
16th Mar 2008, 22:42
Thanks Mr S, just googled BitTorrent which is what I should have done int first place I suppose,err have already downloaded BitTorrent but have not tried it yet,err why would I need a special program to download another program? one is confused
:confused:

Muffin Themule
16th Mar 2008, 23:46
Tony,

It would appear that the web site uses "torrent" technology to distribute the backing tracks. Long story short: the "torrent" will look for other online computers that have the requested tracks installed - and will suck the data from them, rather than going all the way back to the original distributor. Of course, once you install a few popular tracks you will be expected to do your share and contribute what is on your computer.

Sounds like it may be just a bit too "communal" for your tastes. :*

tony draper
17th Mar 2008, 11:21
Thanks chaps,having gained access to the site it appears they do not have backing tracks at all,just links to various performances by artist ,ergo one shall delete the torrent thingy,
:cool: