PDA

View Full Version : dauntless-soft.com -vs - Bristol Q&A

Greg2041
16th Mar 2008, 16:41
I've read much about the Bristol ATPL database but not so much about dauntless-soft.

"dauntless-soft" purports to hold all the JAA questions and is a fraction of the price of the Bristol one but does anyone know whether it compares favourably to Bristol?

http://www.dauntless-soft.com/products/groundschoolATPL/

hollingworthp
16th Mar 2008, 19:30
I have the Dauntless software and I would say it is next to useless compared to Bristol. There are NEVER any explanations for the questions which is fine for Air Law / Ops but when you get to Gen Nav / Met / Performance etc, then you will really appreciate Bristol and the forum on their site.

When you query any question, you never get a response so I would say the support setup is far superior with Bristol.

Greg2041
16th Mar 2008, 22:20
That says it all really!!!!!

Many thanks

mech500
18th Mar 2008, 20:29
I used dauntless software for Airlaw, Instruments and Airframes. I recognized virtually all the questions in the actual exams. There are however no explanations given and a few answers are definitely incorrect but the biggest advantage i feel is that the questions are grouped under specific topics. Therefore when i was studying for say 'gyros' under instruments - i just read all the questions under gyros - and only used the text book for reference occasionally. Saved a lot of time.

How is the bristol database arranged? can it only be used to generate random exam style papers. or can you work your way through all the questions one by one for a given subject?