PDA

View Full Version : cadet pilot spice/kingfisher/indigo

shuchim
16th Mar 2008, 16:04
hi guys there is cadet pilot scheme going on in these three airlines and i want guideance in these respect that is it good to join cadet pilot because there is 6yr bond and i dont no whether they will pay me full salary or not because i will be under bond period and cant leave airline in between by which they can take adv of it .and guy can u tell which airline of three is best to choose because that will decide the future of 6yr.pls guys help me in this by giving your views .

thanks in advance .

getsetgo
17th Mar 2008, 02:45
who calls you first........... go
if it folds you go next.
world is open:ok:

bad_attitude
17th Mar 2008, 06:58
right now Indigo's program is the best ...

munna143
22nd Mar 2008, 06:54
hiiiii bro can u tel me were does the cadet programme is going onn?????????

munna143
22nd Mar 2008, 07:23
hiiii friends can any one tel me when does the air india cadet programme for science students starts for the year 2008.

and i have a doubt friends that many say that kingfisher,spice jet,indigo airlines are conducting cadet programme. is it true r not??????????

if so pls tell me were the cadet prog is going on.........
since my aim is to become a pilot.
pls friends give as much info to achive my aim and it will also be help full to others who aslo aims to become a pilot.
:)

powerstall
22nd Mar 2008, 08:19
... i may be dizzy or sleepy, but is this the 3rd thread regarding the same topic? in the same day? :confused:

bad_attitude
22nd Mar 2008, 14:55
http://www.unitedaviation.in/

Hermie
23rd Mar 2008, 04:13
Do you think its a bit ridiculous to pay US$200+ for application ?

bad_attitude
23rd Mar 2008, 05:04
ummm no, not when they pay you between $250-$650 a month for just being associated with them ...

Hermie
28th Mar 2008, 11:47
that is saying you got employed but what about if you didn't, that is alot of money wasted ? it should be refundable, perhaps ?

bad_attitude
29th Mar 2008, 19:14
its not refundable ... and i dont see why it should be ...

lets say you sit for an exam like SAT/GRE/GMAT and don't score that well and don't get into college ... that doesn't mean you should get the money for the exam back ... it just meant you weren't well prepared enough.

OMDB-PiLoT
31st Mar 2008, 07:27
So you reckon if we are all prepared enough, we get the jobs?

shuchim
4th Apr 2008, 13:09
hey guys i have ask from indigo there bond is that we have to give them cheks of rs 110lack rs and after completing there 5 yr job they will return that money . but the thing iss where to get that huge some of money

aishwar_prakash
5th Apr 2008, 16:32
hi ya actually i want to know how to apply for cadet pilot training program and also plz send me information about it

aishwar_prakash
5th Apr 2008, 16:41
hi ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, plz tell me how to apply for cadet pilot training prog.......

shuchim
7th Apr 2008, 01:53
if u having any major relative in airline or having waste money to give bribe to officials then u will be selected in it

shuchim
8th Apr 2008, 17:12
hi can any one tell that when the cadet pilot of singapore airline for indian going to come>?

shuchim
10th Apr 2008, 01:52
is any pilot over here u can guide us whether we shuld join or not the cadet pilot program.thanks in advance

bad_attitude
10th Apr 2008, 07:22
if you're an indian, and want to get into flying ... cadet programs are the only way to go ... there are no jobs for freshers now ...

apachelongbow
17th Apr 2008, 11:02
Dear All,

I plan to start off with my flying training soon, within the next 2 months or so. I need your guidance and a quick a feedback on either of these cadet programs, namely the indigo/spicejet/kf ones.

Are they worth the time/money/effort?

Is it better to privately finish CPL and then hunt for jobs.

Does one get placed in these airlines post completion of the training, or are only called for interviews?

Posts/PMs to me are welcome. Thank you for your time.

PS: if not these cadet programs then I will join a small academy in US, finish my FAA, convert in India, then also train and look for FI jobs.

Rgrds,

bad_attitude
19th Apr 2008, 11:14
are you straight out of the XII th grade?

apachelongbow
20th Apr 2008, 05:25
I have finished my post graduation. I am making a mid-career change from IT into aviation :)

bad_attitude
20th Apr 2008, 07:05
copy that! i've a post grad as well ... but no work ex :8

so well, the only word of advice right now is to go through a cadet program ... i personally know a whole bunch of non-cadets with Indian CPL's who are sitting job less ... the Boom has long come and gone.

apachelongbow
20th Apr 2008, 12:47
I agree with you here, however these is one more long term worry. What if due to falling passenger demands/higher oil prices the airlines running the cadet program, holds up their planes on order? Will they then honor the job offers to the cadets? I c a lean patch for the next couple of years for the airline industry as a whole.

AFAIK over 200 people are currently in various stages of a certian indian blue airline's cadet program, however a single one of these cadets is yet to join the flight deck.

More over the current jobless indian CPL's are not trying for chinese jobs or FI training etc? and sitting at home? quite strange dont you think?

Or is it that there are no FI jobs too? :(

shuchim
20th Apr 2008, 14:46
they r not sitting like this without trying because they have to return back there loan which they took from bank which approx 20,000 inr/month .and as i have join as apprentis in one of indian carrier i no that nothing is without jack so to be honest just spend your money only if your father/relative at higher post in airlines otherwise u cant even return back your loan and your parents will be ruined because of u.

apachelongbow
21st Apr 2008, 05:23
Thanks @shuchim for pointing out the backdoor factor. Request all Indian cpl wannabe's to be very very careful. Unlike US, India doesnt have a GA to speak of, also with no jobs available, you are in for a hard time.

Please dont make your parents/sponsors regret having paid a bomb to make you a cpl holder.

If you still wanna get your CPL, i suggest, complete your graduation (a must for today's airlines), work for some time, to build up adequate work exp in a different area (as a back up), and then apply to a cpl course.

The days of a 19 year old co-pilot may be over :(

asvsu
22nd Apr 2008, 16:09
Well said ..apachelongbow..Its true ..most of the airlines are asking for Graduates..19yr old guy cannt get pilot job in this cut throat competition unless you have some strong source in an airline..its advisable to get some graduation degree before pursuing pilot trg..atleast you will land in some job which will give monetary benefit to repay your loan till you get trainee pilot job..its not anymore cake walk..I believe..alreday around 1000 are job less..another 5 or 6 ( not sure..but for sure more than 5000) aspiring are under trg across the world..think before invest hard earned money..:)

ptbt
22nd Apr 2008, 23:12
Cadet programs are the best way to go now.....as someone mentioned b4 the boom has long gone....in fact i was a cadet pilot and one of the first to get back and join th company from the cadet program.....pm if u have q's...cheers

bad_attitude
23rd Apr 2008, 15:59
you in kingfisher or SG?

apachelongbow
24th Apr 2008, 05:51
/*
Cadet programs are the best way to go now.....as someone mentioned b4 the boom has long gone....in fact i was a cadet pilot and one of the first to get back and join th company from the cadet program.....pm if u have q's...cheers*/

Thanks a lot :). Please check your PM.

shuchim
24th Apr 2008, 10:40
apache u were cadet u havent told this. which airline sponcer u i think its spice jet.

apachelongbow
24th Apr 2008, 10:59
no shuchin, i am a wannabe :P. Yet to get into training, and now actively looking at cadetship amongst other options

shuchim
27th Apr 2008, 08:58
the cadet pilot programes of all airlines ended now will it come or not we cant tell? i think its gone forever because there r so plenty of indian cpl holder now in market that they r jobless .

Left Wing
27th Apr 2008, 09:13
the cadet pilot programes of all airlines ended now ...yes no airlines have a plan for 2008 or 2009 to run such a program.
There are close to 250 CPL's in line waiting for jobs most are willing to pay addtional for a type rating.
Jet & King are the only airlines with massive expansion plans, they will hire from the market no more cadets...

apachelongbow
2nd May 2008, 06:27
/*
the cadet pilot programes of all airlines ended now ...yes no airlines have a plan for 2008 or 2009 to run such a program.
There are close to 250 CPL's in line waiting for jobs most are willing to pay addtional for a type rating.
Jet & King are the only airlines with massive expansion plans, they will hire from the market no more cadets...
*/

Please justify your statements above with hard data! On what basis have you made these statements? Source/links are welcome.

AFAIK spicejet is still on with its cadet program, in fact united aviation is conducting the spice jet exams, one may reach them through their website.

What is the basis of your 250 pilots waiting for jobs and ready to pay for type rating?

Who gave you the data about KF and Jet with expansion plans?

Request everyone to state facts with supporting data, otherwise this thread serves no purpose

shuchim
8th May 2008, 11:55
yes apache all airline have stopped cadet ship but ya spice jet only will there to did it last time and its inteview is in may/june pls regulerly check the site unitedaviation.in

Aero Fan
11th May 2008, 17:11
IMO the cadet pilot program limits your options at the time of training as well as when you go out job hunting…
The only way it helps is to get a bank loan…..which doesn’t turn out to be quite as helpful once you’re 1500K in debt!....

apachelongbow
13th May 2008, 09:07
@ aero fan: That is an interesting line of thought!. I mean yes being a cadet will definitely not allow one to 'explore' other pilot openings, but this is true only when the market is/was booming and multiple jobs were on offer.

Now when we have 1000 CPL holders running for 20 jobs, then it surely makes sense to be secure with a cadetship, because we know that we surely have a job in hand when we finish our training.

Regarding limited exposure of training, all these are finally up to the person. If you do want to learn your fundamentals right, you need to beg/borrow/pester/steal more time/hours from your instructor and school.

And finally think about this. Which would you prefer?
1) Being 20-30 lakh (Rs 20,00,000-30,00,000) in debt 'without' a job in hand
2) Being 40 lakh (taking an extreme upper limit) in debt , bonded as a cadet with any airline 'with' a secure job

Aero Fan
13th May 2008, 17:23
Apechelongbow,
Some good thoughts there. Landing a job is important...esp after you've put in that much into it.
Here's a scenario. You're bonded with an airline...40L in debt...and STILL not exactly employed by the airline...just a part of their 'pool'

Still of the opinion that the cadet program is useful only to the airline...they have their pool of pilot's waiting...and, they never invested a penny in their training

ghora86286
29th May 2008, 12:15
Hi,
I am going to give the pilot Exam for Spice jet and Kingfisher.
If you waana be a pilot, this is the only sure shot way of getting into them. Do tell me when you are giving the exam. I might join you.:ok:

av8r76
29th May 2008, 13:44
Just got back from the office and the latest is that cadets from late batches have been politely refused a RHS position and told to contact them end of '09 if they are still in the market.
SG will NOT guarantee you a job. This is NOT a 'sure shot' way of securing a job. You will pay about 5-6 lacs above a self sponsored trng programme under the guise of a cadet scheme and end up with what you started before the training.... nothing.

ghora86286
29th May 2008, 16:41
Hi,
av8r76 (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=18972) have you finished your pilot training. Please give us some details. Where, when how.. etc.

bad_attitude
29th May 2008, 17:08
i would like to make a correction to that ... even the "earlier" batches didn't get in ... only 8 or 9 cadets have actually been absorbed while there are 150 on the rolls ...

av8r76
30th May 2008, 01:20
Got my commercial in the mid nineties in India. You think things are bad now, 90s were sheer hell. Did everything but fly for 9 yrs before catching the aviation high tide.

BA vindicates my position. DO NOT get duped by these cadet programs. There a handful of people who have raked in some serious coin on the backs of hard working parents.

Left Wing
30th May 2008, 03:13
av8r76 well said ...also a 90's era pilot...

ghora86286
30th May 2008, 04:57
bad_attitude (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=193534) what batches are you exactly talking about?

bad_attitude
30th May 2008, 14:12
the first lot of cadets were selected in oct '06 ... then another in jan and then, ah well, i lost track ... oh wait,

http://www.unitedaviation.in/popup_about_pilot.html

there we go. it's still on! :eek::ugh::sad::=:(:*:mad::mad::mad:

ghora86286
30th May 2008, 16:01
So what exactly are you suggesting. what is best course of action can a aspiring pilot (like me) take?

If not cadet pilot program then what?????

shuchim
1st Jun 2008, 11:37
none of u cant join cadet programme now because there is no cadet programme now check unitedaviation.in and u can see all cadet programmes have been listed out

ghora86286
1st Jun 2008, 13:41
The cadet pilot program for spicejet, kingfisher, indigo are all open. The cadet pilot program for Spicejet is in june. http://www.unitedaviation.in/

The cadet pilot program for kingfisher and indigo are also open.
http://www.sfa-india.com/

The ground training for all the three programs are held at united aviation.
I personally had a talk with them. They say the cadet pilot program for spicejet will be held soon.

bad_attitude
1st Jun 2008, 15:28
dude, if you all you wanted to do was become a pilot, as is evident from your earlier posts, then go ahead and become one ... as for the job angle ... the probablitly of getting a job is really high at around 0.5 ... either you get one or you don't.

peace out.

ghora86286
2nd Jun 2008, 03:17
I will take my chances.
Thnaks

bad_attitude
23rd Dec 2008, 09:42
Indigo flies A320's

mohsingour
26th Jun 2011, 12:05
is anyone become a pilot through cadet programme of any company? plz tell me the process to get admission through this program?

j8naid
2nd Nov 2021, 14:54
Hi,
Well, considering someone who is willing to join the SpiceJet Cadet Program, like all of the cadet programs out there, they always come with an added cost, but they do provide the "letter of Intent", which will allow you to join the airline as a first officer after successful completion of your training,
Below attached link is the interview I did with a SpiceJet cadet pilot, where we discuss potential questions, ranging from selection process to course structure to cost's and many other aspects.

https://youtu.be/18H5b09xrBE