View Full Version : Flybe cadetship and PTC

WISH2FLY
16th Mar 2008, 13:04
Flybe has just launched a mentored scheme with PTC

http://www.ptc.ie/flybe_programme_introduction.php

wish2fly

Zyox
16th Mar 2008, 13:53
FlyBe paying for your MCC and your type rating.... not bad at all.
Still gotta fork out that 85k to PTC tho :)

Edit: Flybe is a rapidly expanding and plans to recruit up to 100 qualified pilots as First Officers on its Q400 fleet at bases throughout Ireland and the United Kingdom.

Only "Irish" base listed on website is Belfast :*

jimclearsky
18th Mar 2008, 15:58
There was a similar flybe scheme with oxford recently

http://www.oxfordaviation.net/GV/flybe/flybe_info.htm

However in that scheme,they appear to contribute to your
ab initio training.Would have to wonder what kind of contract you would
get with flybe going the ptc route.If they only pay for your
multi crew cooperation course ie. 5k after you fork out
the 85k to ptc you wouldnt want flybe to own your ass.;)

potkettleblack
19th Mar 2008, 08:28
And PAT as well if you check out their website. Flybe seem to be linking up with a lot of FTO's now. Not sure what this means in reality. With "in theory" a diverse range of FTO's to put in your CV then perhaps this is an opportunity for wannabes to shop around for the best price and head down the modular route and save a few bucks.

Of course the usual caveats apply. You will need to ask all the right questions of the FTO before parting with your money. How many CV's have you put forward, how many secured a job, is this set to continue, how long for, what criteria do you have for putting my CV forward etc etc.

nickmanl
19th Mar 2008, 10:08
I'm confused. I though 98% of graduates had a job within two months anyway so why would they need the offer of guaranteed job?:ugh:

bigmustard
19th Mar 2008, 10:25
I'm confused. I though 98% of graduates had a job within two months

Correct!
I think you will find 98% of those not attached to a scheme are still polishing their cv's after 2 months - never mind having a job.

The Flybe schemes simply offer as good a chance as there is for a job at the end with a little financial help and support on the way. The idea is that the selection has been done before the training commences - why not ask some of those who have been thru/are in the Flybe system for their thoughts.

Any takers