PDA

View Full Version : broadband cutting out

frazhm
16th Mar 2008, 12:59
I have a broadband connection to an ADSL Zyxel wireless router. The router is connected via ethernet to my main computer with an encrypted wifi signal available to our kids computers.

Now once booted up the signal is fine but if the computer is left unattended for say an hour or so the signal is lost and I have to reboot the computer to regain the signal. This is becoming bloody annoying.

However, the wifi signal remains unaffected ie even when I have lost the signal on the main machine the laptops are working fine and all the indicator lights on the router seem ok.

So guys and gals what do you think???

Keef
16th Mar 2008, 15:17
I think you need to look closely at the settings on your desktop, and at your screensaver.

Saab Dastard
16th Mar 2008, 15:46
As Keef says, look at the power management settings - most specifically in the Network Settings for your LAN connection - Configure \ Power Management tab \ Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power - uncheck.

SD

The Nr Fairy
16th Mar 2008, 18:11
Ensure that ALL your other phone sockets with stuff plugged in have a microfilter, either plugged in or built in.

I didn't - caused months of misery (mostly whining from SWMBO) until I stumbled across it one day.