PDA

View Full Version : Nokia N95's, DC X11's and C150's

Sir HC
16th Mar 2008, 12:19
I apologise for the relativity but I could not find an appropriate forum for this question. I have a Nokia N95 phone with a 3.5mm, 4 conductor jack and a set of DC X11's. The Nokia cable for the X11's fits a 2.5mm Nokia jack and the 3.5mm jack is of the 3 conductor type for iPod's etc instead of the 4 conductor type which allows the mike on the X11's to be used instead of having to use the mike on the phone. Really, I am looking for a 4 conductor, 3.5mm male-male cable and I cannot find any in Australia. Can anyone who has faced the same problem give me any leads (pardon the pun)?
I'm also in the market for an old C150 in need of work, preferably flyable. Cheers.

displaced gangster
16th Mar 2008, 12:40
Sorry cant help with the lead, does anyone have any idea about the GPS function using "google earth maps"?

Lasiorhinus
16th Mar 2008, 12:49
Sorry, can't help with Google Earth, but does anyone have any information on which set of textbooks is best to use to pass the theory exams?

Horatio Leafblower
16th Mar 2008, 13:35
Sorry I can't help with the textbooks.

Does anybody else have problems with Kelly Aerospace 95 Amp Alternatrs on C210/206? :ugh:

Ultergra
16th Mar 2008, 14:21
Sorry I cant help with the Amp Alternators.

Does anyone know where I can find spare parts for a Navajo? :}

PyroTek
16th Mar 2008, 14:52
Sorry cant help with the lead, does anyone have any idea about the GPS function using "google earth maps"?

Yes, For google earth maps to work it requires a GPRS/WiFi connection, the GPS chip is only for positioning purposes, so, nokia has the map loader in order to view the maps without a network connection. (could be costly for the phone to download satellite images constantly).

(I just got me a Nokia N95 8GB, I love it! (even with it not being able to call/sms people yet! (number not ported yet)))

BEACH KING
17th Mar 2008, 01:20
Sir HC,

You must plug the remote audio control supplied with the N-95 (the stop/start/skip control thing) into the N-95 and then plug a 3.5mm patch cord with "3 conducter" (AS YOU EXPLAIN IT) on each end into the X-11's and the Audio control. Works like a beauty. Remember that to talk on a phone call the microphone is in the audio control, not the phone.

Also remember that your intercom and radios will mute your phone call.

185skywagon
17th Mar 2008, 01:25
Does anybody else have problems with Kelly Aerospace 95 Amp Alternatrs on C210/206?
Yep, sure have. Go the planepower route.

Jausho
17th Mar 2008, 05:49
Sorry cant help with the lead, does anyone have any idea about the GPS function using "google earth maps"?Yup; You've got a few options...

If you wish to use the Google Maps application avail for the N95 with GPS, then you'll need a GPRS connection to download the maps whilst in the air - so an expensive option considering how often you'll leave 3G coverage. But I think you're probably more interested in ....

If you just want to be able to export your GPS track to Google Earth on your computer, then you can use the 'Sports Tracker' application available for download from here (http://research.nokia.com/research/projects/SportsTracker/). Once installed, start it up and use it basically form start to end of your flight. When you've stopped tracking a flight and are back home at the computer, you can go to the 'training diary' in Sports Tracker, select the GPS track you've just created by date/time, go to Options > Export > 'Export to Google Earth'. The file will be saved to wherever you choose on your phone, so you can then rip it off onto the computer and open it in Google Earth (File > Open). Your track will end up looking something like this (http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5360/googleearthtrackug4.png) (don't know what the hell I was practicing when I tracked that!)

Sir HC
17th Mar 2008, 09:40
Haha, Thanks for the replies fellas. Knew it was a pretty odd question. What problems are you having with your alternators? We mostly use the 60A ones and have good and bad ones. Recently had one go just 120hrs then die in the arse. Have you tried flashing the field? For the Navajo parts, try Aircraft Salvage at Bankstown and for the theory books, you can't go past Bob Tait's. Cheers.

EPIRB
17th Mar 2008, 19:55
There is also a GPS photo tracker that downloads on to Google Eath/Maps after the event. It can be used as a tracker and it will also show you where you took your photos's http://www.handheldsystems.com.au/index.php?cPath=51

foqa
18th Mar 2008, 08:15
If you are handy with a soldering iron, you can get the plug with cable from WES components in Ashfield in Sydney, then you connect the spare end to a stereo 2.5mm inline socket, you then need to bias the microphone by placing a 5k ohm resistor in series with the microphone line and connect a 10k ohm resistor to ground. Using this configuration will enable you to use the headset microphone with the N95.

toolowtoofast
18th Mar 2008, 08:49
Sunair in Tauranga have some cheap Navajo bits going....