PDA

View Full Version : Oxford APP program

SkewedFlaps
16th Mar 2008, 11:17
Hey guys and gals!

as I type I have just finished my application form for Oxford's APP First Officer program, very excited :ok:

I live in Australia so if I am accepted to go conduct the skills testing it'll definitely be a hike to get there. Because we have a different syllabus downunder I was wondering if anyone could please shed some light on the GCSE Physics and Maths. Also, I have seen many of the posts on the selection process however they date back a couple of years, is it still the same? For my testing date preference I put down June!!

Would LOVE to hear from anyone else going for the program this year/who has done it, especially any Australian's who have done, or are thinking of doing it!!! :}

thanks so much for your help in advance

dhc1180
16th Mar 2008, 11:24
I've got an aptitude test this week on tuesday and wednesday, so I'll let you know how it goes....

isi3000
16th Mar 2008, 12:38
This link should help
http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/
:ok:

WISH2FLY
16th Mar 2008, 12:57
The maths and physics is nothing to worry about...GCSE level if that. There are millions of threads on this so have a quick search and you should find all you need. Visit the OAA website for an idea of the structure of the assessment.

Best piece of advise i could give you is to relax and try not to be too nervous...i know a few people who scored low on the hand-eye co-ordination tests as they were shaking with nerves. :eek:

Good luck

wish2fly

n90bar
16th Mar 2008, 19:28
Just finished the APP course - I am pretty sure the skills assessment entails the same as it did a couple of years ago, so I think you will be ok with the stuff you have.

SkewedFlaps
16th Mar 2008, 20:23
congratulations n90bar :ok:

thanks for your quick replies

from what I gather most of these tests bar physics and maths are part of the Compass test?

tupues
18th Mar 2008, 19:21
well done n90bar! xxxx

n90bar
18th Mar 2008, 21:35
Tupues - thank you...... havent we met before??? Hmm....the name sounds canBArteen familar?