PDA

View Full Version : Another nice little earner?

Sailor Vee
15th Mar 2008, 21:29
Sleepy pupil sues

A teacher in Connecticut is being sued by a student who claims that he suffered hearing damage after she slammed her hand down onto his desk to wake him up in December of last year.

I mean FFS, if that's all that happened he should think himself lucky. :uhoh:

S'land
16th Mar 2008, 00:09
Lucky blighter. In my day falling asleep, like many other misdemeanours, meant having the wood and felt blackboard cleaner thrown at you. The idea of suing them never occurred to us.

Mind you, if I had been able to I would have left school a multi millionaire with all the punishments I received.

Whirlygig
16th Mar 2008, 01:43
Hearing damage? How many decibels are produced by a hand on a desk? Presumably the teacher should counter-claim for damage to her hand if the sound she created was that loud!

Cheers

Whirls

BlueWolf
16th Mar 2008, 03:44
One of the few examples of Maori protocol with which I agree wholeheartedly, is that if you fall asleep during a speech, it's regarded as being the speaker's fault for being boring.

Maori gave the world trench warfare; maybe the world could adopt this principle as well :E

ShyTorque
16th Mar 2008, 11:18
I once attended a lecture given by a retired colonel. It was a fairly dry old subject and a few heads did start to nod. :zzz:

He gained everyone's attention again by reaching into the desk, pulling out a revolver and firing two blanks into the air. :eek:

There wasn't a dry seat in the house.