PDA

View Full Version : You wouldn't want to be a Frog in Cardiff tonight!

Standard Noise
15th Mar 2008, 18:46
They've done it again! The Leek munchers have hammered the Frogs for the Slam. Fantastic!
One in the eye for people who rubbish the Celtic league.
Seems the IRFU made a mistake sacking Gatland.

Well done Wales.

hellsbrink
15th Mar 2008, 18:50
On winning the Grand Slam in the RBS Six Nations.

Well done, boyos, you deserved it

Sailor Vee
15th Mar 2008, 18:53
I think the rest of the RBS nations can take it on the chin and say the best players won the slam!! :D

rab-k
15th Mar 2008, 18:53
Seconded, well played Wales. :ok:

(Nice to see the Italian fans have something to celebrate - even if at our expense :{ Bravo Italia! :D)

Rather be Gardening
15th Mar 2008, 18:58
Thanks. Brilliant game to watch.

SOTV
15th Mar 2008, 19:04
Yep, well done.

Never hear the bloody last of it though.

:D

hellsbrink
15th Mar 2008, 19:06
Och, Rab, I wouldn't complain. The Italians still get a nice wooden spoon to stir the post match pasta and we still have the Calcutta Cup

Wingswinger
15th Mar 2008, 19:46
Well done Wales. I think this lot are as good as the 70s vintage. :ok:

Duckbutt
15th Mar 2008, 19:50
Is that your idea of success then, 'brinkie, "Just as long as we beat England". With that saddo mentallity no wonder you've never won **** all. Its a big world out there, try broadening your horizons a bit.

Rab, typical bloody Scotland! Since Tuesday I have had a beauty of a post involving flaggy things ready for you in the quite probable event that they 'won' the wooden spoon but they couldn't even get that right, failing by three points. What a shambles.

Well done to our Gallic friends, by far the best team in the tournament!

Enjoy the moment but for ****'s sake don't let that tosser Max Boyce out of his cage :yuk:

muppetofthenorth
15th Mar 2008, 19:53
What are the odds that The RFU will throw everything they've got at Edwards to get him to decamp?

hellsbrink
15th Mar 2008, 19:58
My goodness, Duckie, we are a tad touchy today.

I was merely pointing out that despite playing like crap we still achieved something. If I was having a go at the English I would have said far more.

Wingswinger
15th Mar 2008, 20:04
At least Scotland have rediscovered how to score tries, even if Henderson didn't when he b****y well should have.

goudie
15th Mar 2008, 20:18
Well done Wales. The brilliance of the 70'S shining through at times. A well deserved Grand Slam.

The SSK
15th Mar 2008, 20:47
Scuse me but

Wouldn't any sympathique Frenchman venturing out in Cardiff tonight get more free beer than he could handle and not a few friendly hugs?

Mariner9
15th Mar 2008, 21:31
Absolutely correct SSK. Never a problem after a rugby game in Cardiff :D Football however:rolleyes:

Well done Wales, best team in the Tournament (apart from the 1st half vs England), but, comparison with the 70's team is ridiculous.

DX Wombat
15th Mar 2008, 21:33
SSK - that's EXACTLY what I was thinking. :) This is RUGBY, NOT football and, as far as I can see, the fans are much more civilised, appreciate the efforts of the other team whether or not they won or lost. :ok: They'll all be eating and drinking at the same establishments without any rancour and I'm sure there will be plenty of laughter and good fun. A pilot friend says he always prefers to fly Rugby fans around as, even if they have had more than a little to drink, they are always happy and pleasant unlike the football rabble. :(

flower
15th Mar 2008, 21:41
I'm still on a high and my voice hoarse from all the singing and yes they were the best team in this years tournament, lets hope they can build on it when they play the Southern hemisphere teams.
The French will be royally treated tonight in Cardiff and I'm sure plenty of rugby songs sung.

Good to see the Italians win a match shame at Scotland's expense.

merlinxx
15th Mar 2008, 21:46
Duckie,

You must have heard the uplifting 'Hyms & Arias' in the 2nd half. Yer man Max was there. The Valley Boys are back! Lets look forward to the Southern tour, it's going to be one hell of a hard tour.

Wingswinger
15th Mar 2008, 21:57
comparison with the 70's team is ridiculous.

Only in as much as the 70s boys, good though they were, were amateurs. This lot are professional and are bigger, quicker and fitter than players were 30-odd years ago. I mean, Mike Phillips is 6'3" and 15 stones and he's the SCRUM-HALF, for god's sake! A generation or two ago he'd have been in the second row with personal statistics like that.

flower
15th Mar 2008, 22:03
There are also a few nice looking ones :ok: ( excluding the hair bear bunch of course :} ) Ian Gough is also a Private pilot wonder if he frequents here

Duckbutt
15th Mar 2008, 22:46
Duckie,

You must have heard the uplifting 'Hyms & Arias' in the 2nd half. Yer man Max was there. The Valley Boys are back! Lets look forward to the Southern tour, it's going to be one hell of a hard tour.

Oh yes, the sound of the crowd at the Mil Stad in full voice sing 'Hymns and Arias' sends a shiver down the spine of even this Englishman. Its the man I can't stand, I can't ever forget him (and to be fair also a lot of his fellow countrymen) strutting around with his giant leek about 30 years ago rubbing our faces in the dirt after yet another defeat to the superlative Welsh team of that time.

Hope you have a great night out and are OK in the morning after all that (those?) Brians. ;)

S'land
15th Mar 2008, 22:56
Yes, well done Wales, a well deserved Slam and Crown,

:{ How it hurts to have to admit it.:{

As to the thread title - totally wong. If my experiences of being in Wales and and Scotland when England either won or lost are anything to go by it is not tonight they have to worry, but tomorrow morning. The hangovers will be hell.

mini
15th Mar 2008, 23:33
Well done Wales.

Not the most talented squad in the 6N but it proves the point of maximising what you've got.

Hats off to Gatland, Edwards and the playing squad.

Enjoy. :ok:

As an aside, I would nominate Sergio Parisio as the player of the tournament. What a talent...

JaffaCake
16th Mar 2008, 00:46
Well in my part of the stadium (:ok:) the Franco-Welsh relations were really quite healthy... Never understood footie!

Can't believe we've won another Grand Slam given the baren years of my youth! The only downside was the rain - just got in and think the morning will see a delightful hangover with an extra helping of latent hypothermia from standing around outside trying to get into a pub. Oh, that and sharing a 'brollie-lift' from a Frenchman and then commenting to my mate (as we walked past a kebab house) "is that onions I can smell or what?" Got a bit wetter after that... :E

Up the Boyos!!!!!!

Standard Noise
16th Mar 2008, 07:31
God but you lot are a bit touchy aren't you. The thread title was meant to be a joke, duh.
Read my personal title and you'll understand (if you know anything about rugger) that I'm a rugby fan, not a MOTD fan.
:ugh::ugh: