PDA

View Full Version : The Strongest Sex

StevenPreece
15th Mar 2008, 13:30
My wife asked me this morning if I thought men or women were the strongest sex. I assured her that it was definately women as the bed covers always end up on her side of the bed!!

I also told her, if she didn't go back to sleep and stop talking blabber then she can wash the pots herself today!!

Cheers

Steve

2 sheds
15th Mar 2008, 17:48
You mean there are more than two...?

And all these years, I thought...

Grammar nazis strike again.

clifftop
15th Mar 2008, 20:44
More than two what?

Sexes?

Duvets?

Pots?

What?:ugh:

redsnail
15th Mar 2008, 21:36
Of course women are the stronger. Just use the formula F= M x A and you have it. Think about it. :E

The Voice
15th Mar 2008, 22:14
FEMME = man x 'arf?

Whirlygig
15th Mar 2008, 23:06
If there are only two sexes (or anthing else for that matter!), then the question should be "which is the stronger", not "which is the strongest"; "strongest" implies more than two. That might well be a different issue and a different thread! :}

Cheers

Whirls

OllyBeak
16th Mar 2008, 02:25
Yerst.

But you forgot Middlesex...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
16th Mar 2008, 02:59
Pedantic I know, but for me, I would ask which GENFER is the stronger

...actually, i would ask which GENDER :rolleyes:

if I could type properly

larssnowpharter
16th Mar 2008, 07:16
One thought that ‘gender’ applied to things like nouns in furriner lingos. Masculine & feminine. One notes that, sausage side they also have neuter. Just to confuse things a ‘fraulein’ is neuter. One has checked this out on a couple of occasions and can assure readers that, based on the small sample taken, they were most definitely feminine.:ok:

Out Of Trim
16th Mar 2008, 08:00
You know I nearly misread this thread - I thought It said The Strangest Sex at first! Oops - could have been embarrassing..

On topic - seriously I think the Female is the strongest - Men are much more emotionally sensitive. They just try to hide it! :oh::O

Beatriz Fontana
16th Mar 2008, 14:33
Depends what you mean by strong. There are strengths and weaknesses in both and the strengths can switch, too. All depends upon the situation in hand, the hero you're with, and how much beer has been involved... :O

HILF
16th Mar 2008, 16:58
I would have thought that (due to evolution) men are usually physically stronger.

Women, in my limited experience, are usually able to bear greater pain -childbirth as an example.

I suppose it depends on your definition of strength.

No expert me, but happy to continue the voyage of discovery though! ;)

HILF

Ken Wells
16th Mar 2008, 21:23
God is definitley a Woman.

If he was a man he never would have put bollocks out side of the body!!

merlinxx
16th Mar 2008, 23:06
Well said, I learnt that at the age of 13! All me life I've been spending to get me leg over! But, and a big but, the female is stronger in many areas, my Lady has birthed and brought up 5 terrific kids with all the multi tasking, organising of school stuff, right sports kit, extra curricular activities, on demand transport manager etc., all @ 0630/0700 in the morning along with lunch boxes etc. A true 30 hr day 8 days a week.

All I had to cope with was notams, wx, flt planning, crews, servicable acft, correct permits, fuel in Novosibirsk, handling to my standards, staff management/resources/training/QA etc. Shoot I had it easy!

God bless em, I couldn't live without this marvelous Lady and Mother.

Ken Wells
16th Mar 2008, 23:13
Stop, you'll make me cry.

Being such a sensitive man:{:{:{

Arm out the window
17th Mar 2008, 02:48
Definitely women - so strong they can lift up a certain part of yer body without even touching it!

(just to lower the tone of the conversation)

Beatriz Fontana
17th Mar 2008, 09:56
Blimey, all these strong yet sensitive blokes!! This is heaven!

flower
17th Mar 2008, 10:18
I'm not sure about the word stronger, most definitely different and those differences show up with varying situations.
I have come across some very feeble women, (or women who at least play feeble which annoys me more than anything). However I would say in the situations and people I have encountered a women is very capable of looking after herself and that is more noticeable after being widowed.The men that have been widowed tend not to cope as well as women , I don't know if that is down to social networking and friends, women more likely to have friends to turn to after a bereavement than men or simply of course the women have looked after their men so well keeping all the day to day nonsense away from them that once they are gone they have a lot of learning and catching up to do.
Men definitely have great strengths just in our emasculated society today they can be all to easily dismissed.

tony draper
17th Mar 2008, 10:49
QED!
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/Deaddogbay/a_006.jpg.
:E

cats_five
17th Mar 2008, 10:55
To lower the tone even further, a lot of women can have multiple Os, and most women in their 40s and 50s can leave most men of their own age way, way behind in the O stakes... :)

Alloa Akbar
17th Mar 2008, 11:53
Iron my shirt....:p

Pugilistic Animus
17th Mar 2008, 17:32
Strongest physically = men usually--although I've seen some ladies:\
strongest mentally = women [you can't win especially when they want to 'talk about Us]-whatever that means:confused:
best liars/cheaters =women--was an actual study:E

btw can a female ppruner explain what is meant by Us???

StevenPreece
18th Mar 2008, 22:17
Now that is a good point.

In 1991 I learned the meaning of us or rather we!!

Myself and my wife went to Fort William in Scotland. On the way we suddenly got a flat tyre. It begun to lash down heavily with rain and my wife said:

"Its no good, we'll have to change the tyre."

I nodded in agreement and got out of the car into the torrential downpour. I jacked the car up and was soon busy changing the wheel. In a matter of minutes I was absolutely soaked to the skin. I looked up and saw my wife looking at me through the slightly open window.

"I now understand what you meant when you said WE." I frowned. "It means ME."

She nodded in agreement and wound the window up.......................................................... ....:rolleyes:

We now refer to this as the Royal WE, meaning me.

Cheers

Steve