PDA

View Full Version : JetBird

Pages : [1] 2

ShinjukuHustler
15th Mar 2008, 12:02
Apologies to the Mods if this Q has been raised elsewhere but I honestly did try to find it before posting...Anyway

Jetbird...Anyone got any info on these guys? Location, proposed start dates, AOC in hand?
Anyone else doing this anywhere at the moment?

www.flyjetbird.com

Seems like now might not be the best time for something like this to kick off what with contracting financial markets and overall creeping global uncertainty...Best of luck to them regardless...

Hustle On :ok:

Duck Rogers
15th Mar 2008, 13:14
Upset? Moi?

The nearest I could find to a meaningful a thread was this which I assume you saw too. Nothing else buried in the archives. http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=254590&highlight=jetbird Doesn't tell you much though.

I'm sure there'll be someone along soon who will tell us how Jetbird are the new best thing since sliced bread though if they have a post count of "1" I'd be healthily sceptical of their motives if I were you. ;)

Duck

SWBKCB
15th Mar 2008, 16:47
Well, they seem to think Malta is somewhere between Minsk and Helsinki - look at the maps showing the range of their Phenoms...:suspect:

ShinjukuHustler
16th Mar 2008, 11:12
Since this idea was conceived sometime in 2006, there is a 'small' issue of the 2008 fuel price. With the price of a barrel of black gloop bobbing up n down around the $100/pb mark then I'm sure continuous tweaking of the business plan is required. My guess is that fuel has gone from being somewhere in the teens to now being in the mid 20's percentile of their projected operating costs.

It also sounds like Emb are being a little coy with the exact performance figures for their shiny new toy so there may be a further few surprises in store regarding fuel burns.

BTW...if anyone wants a good laugh you should check out this lot...
www.smintair.com
...and read the letter from the CEO, the nutty professor comes to mind.

Hustle On:ok:

sispanys ria
16th Mar 2008, 13:00
As for Blink, the Phenom will make it hard to achieve the expected DOC. On those short ranges, any thrust reduction due to heat will affect the rate of climb, thus flight time and consumption with a serious impact. Avantis would definitely do a better job.

Iver
1st Feb 2009, 18:15
Why do they think they can succeed in this down economy? Is it a situation where they expect owners of larger aircraft to downsize and use this type of service? I presume they will roll-out slowly and hope the economy gradually improves...

I hear the Phenom 100 is a fun airplane to fly. Here's a link to the pilot section of their website (describes Phenom 100 flightdeck, etc.):

Fly JetBird - Pilots (http://www.flyjetbird.com/pilots.htm)

Might be a fun airplane to fly, but I hope the pay meets expectations. Of course, they are probably likely to attract desparate furloughed pilots regardless...

batman123
27th Feb 2009, 01:08
I think they pay for the training.
But it 's a single pilot plane, so even the copilot can not log anytime, and don't need a type rating.
I dont really understand what kind of rating they offer?

The Deec
27th Feb 2009, 01:53
I guess the upgrades to the left will happen very quickly then.

muntisk
27th Feb 2009, 12:51
I think single pilot operation is only for private, but if you have AOC 2 pilot crew should be.
I got a mail, to screening will be in Gatwick 30 march 1 April and salary co 40000eur and for cap 60000eur per year.

Iver
27th Feb 2009, 13:16
Any word on initial pilot bases?

muntisk
27th Feb 2009, 13:20
The first base will be in Cologne area in Germany, working schedule 5-3-5-2 and only full time pilots at this time. You will pay for your own accommodation and tickets to and from your home country if you will be commuting.

alex73
27th Feb 2009, 18:24
Hi
- basic salary 60000eur gross (tax deduction as per Germany)
- travel at your own expenses (so if you're out of Cologne.....no discounted tickets at the moment...........)

aerorrancio
27th Feb 2009, 22:42
there are two simulator by CAE one in USA and one in LONDON but i dont know how much type rating.
anyone know if jetbird pay it ?:confused::eek:

alex73
1st Mar 2009, 08:46
Yeah, they pay the type rating but pilots will be bonded for 3 years

Solent Trout
1st Mar 2009, 10:07
Yeah, they pay the type rating but pilots will be bonded for 3 years

Any idea of how much the bond will be? Is it linearly decreasing?

Alex73, out of interest what is your source of this info? Thanks :ok:

hs.72
2nd Mar 2009, 03:58
Anyone knows more about the screening? How many are going and what are your experience?

alex73
2nd Mar 2009, 19:35
Jetbird personnel is the source.....out of interest, actually the person e-mailing people to interview.
I personnally think 3 years is a huge amount........

hantesp
4th Mar 2009, 09:12
anyone received the confirmarion mail for the next interview yet???:bored:

mikehammer
4th Mar 2009, 19:30
40,000 euro, pay your own travel and accommodation. Living in the UK I can't see how I would make a profit out of that. Think this is for singles only.

muntisk
5th Mar 2009, 14:09
They make first interview by phone :confused: , and one of the question-are you ready to relocate??? and a lot of other questions like....last book you to read... favorite color....
And at the end will call you next week.....:ok:

Iver
5th Mar 2009, 16:34
If the job includes initial pilots being based at Cologne I don't see how someone could consider not relocating - at least initially. Perhaps you would have more flexibility after growth when additional domiciles should pop up.

Should be interesting to watch JetBird start up. I am curious to see how they do in this market. I guess if you can afford the switch and you don't mind a little risk, it sounds like a fun job and a nice aeroplane to fly. I wish them luck!

BizJetJockey
5th Mar 2009, 18:06
I second that! There is absolutely nothing wrong with trying. People need to be more upbeat about things...it's the only way this dire crisis will get better!:ok:

flightlevel1985
5th Mar 2009, 18:08
Just a quick question for people who have been contacted already. What kind of experience have you got ??

aerorrancio
7th Mar 2009, 22:26
Lena told me that this year the minimun experience will be 500 hours for get a interview.
Good lucky.

PPRuNeUser0215
8th Mar 2009, 09:03
If the job includes initial pilots being based at Cologne I don't see how someone could consider not relocating - at least initially. Perhaps you would have more flexibility after growth when additional domiciles should pop up.

I will tell you why someone should not consider relocating... Because if you join, convinced that it will be temporary, later on, you end up with unhappy pilots who were just naive and filled with illusions.
It happens in all companies so to avoid any disappointment and the bitterness generally seen on forums, one should join with very realistic expectations. If the job says you have to relocate to Koln then that what it says. Not that later, you will be able to move back home.

At least that's the kind of colleagues I would like to see, upbeat about their new job, location and who will remain as such because they thought about it rather than living in lalaland.

kinapilot
8th Mar 2009, 13:36
Hey Guys

The 500 hrs is that total or jet?? Is there anybody that has be contacted for the inteview in mar/apr?? Good luck everyone:)

batman123
9th Mar 2009, 16:35
i think it s 500h total to apply as a copilot.
I have more but no the 500h on jet and I have been contacted by them if I accept to be relocated.

Iver
9th Mar 2009, 18:00
Just do it batman. And then tell us more about the operation once you are on the inside. Flying around Europe in an advanced jet certainly would accelerate your learning.

Cheers

YKWIA
9th Mar 2009, 18:31
Do they pay allowances during initial sim training?

futureTP
9th Mar 2009, 19:18
Hey guys has anyone heard any news on the interview for mar/april and does anyone know how many people they are looking for to fill their courses this year:ok: havent heard from lena yet!!:ugh:... good luck to everyone waiting hope we hear something soon...

EGCC Wannabe
10th Mar 2009, 10:24
Found this dated 7th March.
Launch delayed til September-ish, due to lack of aircraft. :(

Launch date for Slattery's plane taxi company JetBird up in air - Irish, Business - Independent.ie (http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/launch-date-for-slatterys-plane-taxi-company-jetbird-up-in-air-1664565.html)

batman123
10th Mar 2009, 23:01
well, they told me the decision is taken in dublin now, and if you are not called in march , you may be called for the next selection in june .

Mister
11th Mar 2009, 22:52
Are they still accepting applications for the march interviews?.

Regards.

kinapilot
13th Mar 2009, 02:12
Quick question for the lucky ones that received a phone call. What is your's experience level??:bored: Just to find out where that leaves the rest of us, where the phone has keept its silence:(. All the best to the guys who made it:D

Jackdaw
15th Mar 2009, 19:59
I note that a number of agencies are now advertising for potential CRI/CRE's to train Phenom pilots in the UK. The stupid thing is that to be qualified to instruct/examine in this role requires

30 hours as a Captain on multi-engine piston aircraft - non negotiable

I'm assuming this is to meet the requirements of JAR-FCL 1.380

completed at least 30 hours as PIC on the applicable type or class of aeroplane, prior to commencing the course.

and that as next to nobody will have Phenom hours the next equivalent is multi-engine piston (and larger multi-engine jet experience obviously doesn't count!). The VLJ concept has obviously caught JAR Ops rather unaware. So pilots could potentially be taught by somebody who has no jet experience themselves, whereas someone with lots of (larger) jet time but not meeting the 30 hours Captain on multi engine piston does not qualify to be a CRI! :ugh:

wiggywoo
16th Mar 2009, 17:17
Ah yes, but this is a single-pilot aircraft and, I am sure, anyone who has done both will agree with me that single-pilot IFR ops, especially in a wheeezing piston-twin, are more challenging than multi-crew, small biz-jet ops and require higher-levels of self management (stands by for barrage). Ideally, this class of aircraft requires instructors with either a) experience of both kinds of ops or b) single pilot experience with kind of aircraft - which is a bit thin on the ground at the moment.

However, I sure commercial operators will be operating multi-crew so, as the legislation stands, trainee crew could be in the sim with an instructor without multi-crew experience.

I'm sure CAE have this in mind when recruiting trainers and, just because the minimum requirements are such, it doesn't mean that is what they are looking for or prepared to accept in instructor candidates.

I think you are correct though, perhaps the legislation needs a bit of a tweak.

Flintstone
16th Mar 2009, 18:08
Ah yes, but this is a single-pilot aircraft and, I am sure, anyone who has done both will agree with me that single-pilot IFR ops, especially in a wheeezing piston-twin, are more challenging than multi-crew, small biz-jet ops and require higher-levels of self management

No argument from this side of the room.

flyordie
19th Mar 2009, 08:32
Anyone who has any other contact informaton than those listed on their website? (JetBird) Please PM me with email or phone numbers you might have.
Thanks!

krasty78
20th Mar 2009, 15:37
Hi all,

I had received a called from Jetbird and I had an interview by phone. Anybody knows how many time spend to give a possitive or negative answer to the next step?

Thanks for all answers

DriverJake
20th Mar 2009, 22:43
I had telephone interview a couple of days ago and they said they would be back in touch in 7 to 10 days if I was successful. For the guys that were asking earlier I've got just over 1000 hours with almost 800 on jet. Initial base Cologne with a view to being able to change in the future when UK and other European bases open. Also, first course will be in June when they will be getting just the 1 aircraft to start with. So from what I understand, they are recruiting now for only 1 or 2 crews and the rest will be in a holding pool until the autumn. Hope this helps.

airliner747
28th Mar 2009, 12:32
I am called to an interview on Tuesday .

Wonder what the interview is all about ?

Safe crash landings Ya' all

mwa
28th Mar 2009, 19:34
Information to you who have been in contact with Lena regarding interviews etc.
She is no longer involved in the recruitments, but refers to [email protected] if you have any questions about your interviews etc. The responsibility is delegated to two other women who will handle the recruitments instead of her.

tali
30th Mar 2009, 09:56
What kind of Thelephone interview??

Thanks

hs.72
31st Mar 2009, 13:39
Latest is 2000tt F.O. ....:zzz: for me!

BizJetJockey
2nd Apr 2009, 12:49
So...who has had an interview? What do people think about living in Germany and what comes with it if that is the case?

Do tell...

mikehammer
2nd Apr 2009, 16:19
Does anyone have any recent information on the finance behind Jetbird? Apparently they are funded by the Royal Bank of Scotland (a quick google reveals this was announced in autumn last year), who themselves along with a good many other banks are of course experiencing a rough time.

When applications were first accepted by Jetbird, the terms and conditions offered were much better, with a gateway airport "base" system a la Netjets being planned. Initially it was thought by Jetbird that there would be only a UK base with others following later.

Now it turns out that there is only a Cologne base, the salaries are barely enough to cover commuting, and crew are expected to work a 5-2 5-3 roster. Is this perhaps because Jetbird are having to face tough finances now instead of a thorough financial backing?

I'll stress that I don't know the answer, and am strictly asking a question based on nothing more that my own thoughts.

Iver
3rd Apr 2009, 00:22
Mike,

Can you tell us what the original salaries were compared to the most recent offer?

Just curious, what do you think is a "fair" salary for newhire Phenom 100 pilots/co-pilots and what aircraft would you use as a comparison? Citation Bravo? Beechjet? Beech Premier Jet?

Cheers

mikehammer
3rd Apr 2009, 11:56
Iver

I think the current salary is more than fair. It doesn't work for me in Cologne, but that's not the point. The terms & conditions have, however, been reduced in line with what I said, which led me to ask a question. That's all.

As to the aircraft, I honestly have no idea. Why do you ask? I have answered your question, do you ahve an answer to mine?

Iver
4th Apr 2009, 00:57
I think your question is a good one. From what I know, JetBird has strong backing from an Irish investment group and a group of Saudi investors (see here: Fly JetBird - Media (http://www.flyjetbird.com/media.htm)), but, like most companies these days, going slower than faster is preferred. Perhaps this operation will have to prove itself before it gets further funding for expansion - basically investment "stage gates." It will need to prove itself. I don't know for certain what is happening but I understand their prudence in this economy.

Personally, I think Cologne is a nice city but I would rather live elsewhere - AMS, London area and others. I hope JetBird does well enough to expand pilot domiciles. Again, it looks like an interesting concept and a very nice aeroplane but I wish the economy were stronger to facilitate growth. The down economy does concern me and it puts this operation and other start-ups (i.e., Jet Republic) at some risk. Let's hope that the Irish investment firm maintains its commitment and does not cut the cord too quickly... It could be a good long-term play.

flying macaco
19th Apr 2009, 13:31
Anyone heard anything since telephone interview/ face to face interview?

Thanks

DriverJake
25th Apr 2009, 12:55
I found out on 17th April. :ok:

Cpt_Schmerzfrei
25th Apr 2009, 13:36
So, what did you find out?

tali
25th Apr 2009, 13:57
Several mails to jetbird and no answer....

what happen??? Has anyone done the interview??

DriverJake
25th Apr 2009, 15:32
Found out I got the job.

Cpt_Schmerzfrei
25th Apr 2009, 15:33
Congratulations! :ok:

When´s the first aircraft due? Care to share the job details with us on PPJN?

DriverJake
25th Apr 2009, 19:11
Thx Cpt! I'm awaiting all the info...so not an awful lot of definates known yet!

alex73
26th Apr 2009, 08:30
Good job and congrat DJ!

Phenom 100 just got EASA approval two days ago with first registrations predicted in may.

Would it be possible to give us any clue on their forecast growth when you know details??

What you guys mean by PPJN (sorry for my lack of knowledge....might sound as a stupid question).

Thks
Alex

No RYR for me
26th Apr 2009, 12:49
Got some 100s offered for 2.5 mil already... interesting to see what it does to their Biz plan: loose money with each aircraft by just taking delivery let alone fly them while the market has dried up... interesting times :eek:

Platinum206
28th Apr 2009, 09:18
Why is it that the min hours for FO on jetbird.com is 280 whereas a lot of talk here of min 500?

Cpt_Schmerzfrei
29th Apr 2009, 08:06
Am I having illusions? :confused: I think that the question has already been answered two times now - but the answers seem to have disappeared! :confused:

If they are looking for highly experienced FOs, why not hire CPTs in the first place - there should be enough people on the market?

sirvival
29th Apr 2009, 15:42
Hi all!

Just got the word that the next set of pilot selection will be no earlier than November this year!:sad:

SV

Duck Rogers
29th Apr 2009, 22:03
Capt Schmerzfrei.

The people who posted the answers deleted them. Don't ask me why, I just work here.

tali
29th Apr 2009, 23:30
Nothing till november :-(((((( :(

veone
20th May 2009, 18:22
Me to ;) start in the beginning of June :)

Fireboy
24th Jun 2009, 20:46
That post was made on the 20th May, I take it that he/she means this year

tali
25th Jun 2009, 10:55
any Liar around here??

BizJetJockey
27th Jun 2009, 09:35
I can't see the justification for making something like that up...think you are barking up the wrong tree!

ace of afis space
2nd Aug 2009, 22:20
Hey veone, or anyone..

How much is the bond and for how long? Is it decreasing towards the end of the contract?

A of A space

Rob's Dad
3rd Aug 2009, 09:25
3 year bond, valued at Euro 15000 initially, reducing exponetially by 1/36th per month of employment.

victor charlie
31st Aug 2009, 21:12
hi guys...

I've read the threads on jetbird, and the question has been asked before, but I can't seem to find any answers to it... here goes: how is the jetbird phone-interview..??? what questions do you get...AND...if you're successfull at the phone-interview, what is the rest of the selection..? Sim-ride? Interview?

Any info is welcome!

Cheers!!!!

lanef300
31st Aug 2009, 21:30
Hi! I'm in the same position as Victor Charlie...And any answer would be more than welcome...
I can only recall reading or hearing about the phone interview, when one was asked only questions which were not related to aviation, such as the last book he/she read, etc...

if any one could help us...thank you very much!

jetstreamrider
1st Sep 2009, 10:01
Hey guys, is anyone currently due to start flying with JB actually permanently moving to Germany and if so, what options are there for your wives and girlfriends (WAGs) regarding employment!!

Any other thoughts regarding living arrangements etc. would be interesting to hear about!

Cheers, JSR.

reportreaching
1st Sep 2009, 18:13
It seems they´re sending e-mails for the phone interview.
Any info from the happy selected ones to see if i have some chance...
I mean, quantity and quality of flying hours...

Cecco
1st Sep 2009, 18:16
I would appreciate more in-depth details about the selection process.

Regarding the telephone interview: I looked through all JB threads and all I found is that the ask questions like: your favorite colour? The last book you read? Can you add some questions they ask?

Group presentation: what exactly happens there? General knowledge technical exam? Stuff like maths and physics or aircraft related questions? No psychological questions/logical tests or stuff like that? Maybe some examples.

Thanks to anyone who can give some input.

Cecco

The Deec
1st Sep 2009, 18:54
About 30 questions from the ATPL course.... Nothing that will make you sweat !

Solent Trout
2nd Sep 2009, 01:02
Has JetBird now started flying paying passengers now we're post the September 1st launch date?

Been following the progress and interested to know whether any of you guys have moved to Cologne and started working your rosters?

I for one think JetBird has a great business plan, and wish I could have accepted the job offer and flown the Phenom, it's pretty appealing considering where I am sat now.

Good luck guys :ok: and any news is appreciated.

samca
2nd Sep 2009, 09:09
Hi guys,

I´ve just recieved this mail

Dear Pilot,

You applied for a position at Jetbird early this year / late last year and had not been processed for our last selection period in March. You may have specifically requested to be put “on hold” until Autumn of this year. This email is a short confirmation that your application with us still active and will now be processed for our November selection period.

You appear to have met all of the minimum requirements on our website and you will be given the opportunity to speak with us during a brief 10 minute telephone interview during September / October. If your experience and qualifications meet our needs we may be in a position to then invite you to our face-to-face selection session in November.

For your information:

- Captain salary – 60,000EURO
- First Officer salary – 40,000EURO
- Training Captain salary – 66,000EURO
- Per diems: 20EURO per duty day

- All type ratings fully funded by Jetbird with 3 year bond

- All positions currently on offer are with a German base
- Contracts will be Irish but payroll is German and you will be required to make tax contributions in Germany
- Typical Roster will be 18 duty days per month with 6 days off together at least once every two months
- Positions on offer at November selection session are all for 2010 start dates

If you have any other questions please reserve these until such a time as we telephone you. If your situation has changed at all since you applied and you are no longer interested in a position with Jetbird please let us know immediately at this email address and we will remove you from our database.

For your information, the recently updated minimum requirements on the Jetbird website which include 500 hrs ME Jet time for Captains and 100 hrs ME Jet time for FOs will be strictly enforced for Captains only. For First Officers not meeting the 100 hrs ME Jet time requirement there will be restrictions on which Captains you can be paired with. For Captains not meeting the 500 hrs ME Jet time there is no possibility to become a Jetbird Captain without gaining special dispensation – if you are applying as a Captain and do not meet the ME Jet time requirement then please email us asap at this address with “<500MEJET” in the subject bar.

We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Kind regards,
Jetbird Pilot Recruitment Team

Any info regarding interviews face to face is welcomed.

I undestand that phone interview is very light is it??

LGW Vulture
2nd Sep 2009, 09:50
"........and any news is appreciated"

If its news you want well I'm sure someone will post soon.

If its opinions you want then that's something else, the life's been moderated out of this thread...! :ugh:

Donfranco77
2nd Sep 2009, 11:01
Does anybody knows something about this: "For First Officers not meeting the 100 hrs ME Jet time requirement there will be restrictions on which Captains you can be paired with." ??
I've sent an email for more infoes....

Its me
2nd Sep 2009, 14:26
Hi,

would someone share the information on the telephone intervies please?

I should have mine soon, they emailed.

I´d like to know:
How long, by who, types of questions, trick questions, formal/informal, etc?

Please share guys.

See you on the flightline ;-)

Donfranco77
2nd Sep 2009, 14:39
Ok, thank you for your reply:)

Cecco
2nd Sep 2009, 16:32
So where is the face-to-face selection stage being conducted? Dublin, Cologne??

Duck Rogers
2nd Sep 2009, 19:12
......the life's been moderated out of this thread...! :ugh:

There are 18 deleted posts in this thread of which two were removed by me simply because they were duplicates, the poster clicked twice. That leaves 16 posts deleted by their authors.

Where would you like to go with this?

Duck

Daifly
2nd Sep 2009, 22:30
Not really up to speed with my Irish v German Employment Law, but presume there's a good reason for:

Contracts will be Irish but payroll is German and you will be required to make tax contributions in Germany?

LGW Vulture
3rd Sep 2009, 07:23
OK Duck - you got me!

For some reason someone posted up an old thread and ignored the thread that was running - the thread I had thought you had over moderated!

Apologies for once. :ouch:

Denim and leather
3rd Sep 2009, 09:11
Just one question; do they pay for any housing allowances?
Rgds.

fjordviking
3rd Sep 2009, 09:50
I`m sure they have a couple of "Blue Oyster" style clubs there. Hang out with the locals and before you know it you´ll be a "toyboy" living rent free on somebody`s couch. Beats a winter cold hangar.:ok:

Flintstone
3rd Sep 2009, 10:49
More interestingly, or perhaps worryingly, how does fjordviking know of these brown oyster bars? :E

I know, I know. Off topic. Again. http://www.pistonheads.com/inc/images/getmecoat.gif

Cpt_Schmerzfrei
3rd Sep 2009, 10:57
Well, you know what Cologne is known for? :E

Garba51
3rd Sep 2009, 11:14
Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone of you didn't get an e-mail from JB. I know I have he minimum required for a F/O position and still no e-mail. Even a friend of mine who has the same qualifications got an e-mail two days ago... I'm a bit worried...Anybody in the same situation?

Cheers

Garba.

Garba51
3rd Sep 2009, 18:10
Thanks for the advice.

That's what I just did and now I hope they give me an answer.

Thanks again.

Garba.

Its me
4th Sep 2009, 09:15
To The Deec...
well, what direction are they asking to concerning ATPL catalog stuff? Any ideas?
Cheers Mate...

To the Rest...
...any one knows whether JB has started flying yet?
Furthermore, anyone else being recruited by now?
What did JB say to you about moving to Cologne?
Are they giving assistance in relocating (eg. finding a flat/house, work for spouse)?

PLS some more info from the ones who have succeeded the interview/screening. Don´t be so shy, we are not taking YOUR jobs away anymore guys.

THX from here...

fjordviking
4th Sep 2009, 11:32
If memory serves me right, the movie 48 hrs.(Nick Nolte and Eddie Murphy) had a classic "blue oyster bar" scene in it. It must have been the trigger for my fascination for such clubs.:eek:

Gizmo1
5th Sep 2009, 15:44
Did you get a reply from Jetbird? I haven't heard anything either.

Garba51
5th Sep 2009, 16:51
Hey,

No, nothing but I'm not surprised as I sent it 2 days before the WE. About my CV, I see nothing wrong except maybe that I don't speak German, but it's not written as a requirement. Let's hope I have at least some news next week.

Garba.

Uffie
5th Sep 2009, 17:09
Hi Garba,

why don't you give them a call! Or apply again via the website flyjetbird.com

Good luck

Garba51
5th Sep 2009, 18:21
Hi,

I will wait a bit before calling, maybe they didn't finish sending all the e mails.
I will give them a call next week coz I don't see why I wouldn't be at least contacted by phone.

Thanks anyway.

Garba.

Gizmo1
6th Sep 2009, 10:29
Received the following same reply from JB to my last two e-mails:

Dear applicant,

Thank you for sending your email through to us at JetBird Limited. This email is acknowledgement of receipt of same. Due to the overwhelming volume of emails we receive we appreciate your patience as we revert to you in due course.

We interview every March, July and November and generally do not contact pilots until these times. If you have not yet received a reply from JetBird it is safe to assume that your application has not yet been processed and you are still in the pool for the next round of recruitment. We will endeavour to answer all status queries within one working week. Please do not contact our Head Office at this time as we will not discuss pilot recruitment over the phone on an ad hoc basis.

If this is an initial application please be advised that we no longer accept CVs through this email address. Please use our online application form at http://www.flyjetbird.com/en/careers/careers-pilot-recruitment.aspx (http://www.flyjetbird.com/en/careers/careers-pilot-recruitment.aspx) so that you can be added to our database for the next recruitment session. Please note that PDF CVs cannot be uploaded to the online form and hence are not accepted.

Kind regards,
JetBird Pilot Recruitment Team

Don't know whether this is positive or not ???

A10Warthog
7th Sep 2009, 21:23
Once again, could someone please explain what questions is beeing asked at the phone interview?

Thanks in advance.

Superpilot
8th Sep 2009, 07:44
So anyone know if JetBird have commenced operations? nothing in the press and no press release on their website.

Jabba07
8th Sep 2009, 14:24
Dear All

Someone Out There Who Has Actually Been Trough The Selection Process And Got The Job With Jetbird ?

Could You Please Share Details On Phone Call,face-to-face Interview,and Sim Check If Any ?

Thanks A Lot.

Daifly
8th Sep 2009, 15:52
I think I'm going to become the spelling and grammar police on here.

Every Word Capitalised. If Your Cv Looks Like That Its (who needs apostrophes) Going To End Up In The Bin.

There's just no excuse for it, we all went to school. :ugh:

Daifly
8th Sep 2009, 20:28
Bond - which presumably means that nobody can answer the question being asked and Q.E.D. means that nobody's been through the selection process and been given a job...

Fireboy
9th Sep 2009, 07:00
Who cares about spelling on a pilots rumour network?

Some people have to much time on their hands!:oh:

Jabba07
9th Sep 2009, 08:18
ok , I think I got that.I was looking for a bit more detail.
Do they not put you trough a sim check ? I found no info about this.

Duck Rogers
9th Sep 2009, 18:02
Who cares about spelling on a pilots rumour network?

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:5VfwSqc9MXCCUM:http://www.sailingscuttlebutt.com/blog/uploaded_images/ist2_2447147_raised_hand-740388.jpg

merlinxx
9th Sep 2009, 18:55
Dyslexia rules KO:{:}

jetstreamrider
9th Sep 2009, 19:29
I fear this forum has 'slipped into the arena of the unwell!' slightly mad anyway!

ClintonBaptiste
11th Sep 2009, 16:11
Talking of dyslexia.

What does an agnostic dyslexic insomniac do at night?

Lie awake in bed at night wondering if there's a dog?

blusky75
20th Sep 2009, 20:33
Hi Guys ..from what I read the phone interview is just personal..nothing regarding Technic..someone can confirms it?

happy landings

A10Warthog
21st Sep 2009, 18:16
According to pilotjobsnetwork.com,

"Recruitment Process
last update
- apply ONLINE only - minimum requirement screening - preliminary telephone interview (10 Questions) - Face to face interview session including SIM check, written technical exam and panel interview"

If someone has been through telephone interview, what is being asked at the "10 question" round.

Second, what questions being asked in technical exam part?

Anyone been through this process please pm me, or reply.

Much appreciated.

lpokijuhyt
21st Sep 2009, 19:00
I have heard the phone call has been moved forward to June 2011.

blusky75
22nd Sep 2009, 11:02
what u mean? that the people that must be called now will be called in in 2 years?

Superpilot
22nd Sep 2009, 11:06
I've noticed lpokijuhyt often says silly things.

blusky75
22nd Sep 2009, 11:09
Even cz I think that if it is true for sure they would have sent us an email

blusky75
22nd Sep 2009, 11:25
for what I Know there is any sim assestment (but not sure) just tech written exam, personal interview, panel interview(what does it mean?)

lpokijuhyt
22nd Sep 2009, 18:57
Yes, the phone interview was going to be held by Lehamn Brothers last year, but now Claret Capital is conducting the telephone interview. The first question apparently involves the track record of VLJ start-ups in 2008-9.

Superpilot: At least I'm trying to keep the mood light. Quit being so uptight and relax a bit. Man, if you don't laugh once in awhile you are going to go mad. :bored:

Superpilot
22nd Sep 2009, 19:48
People are dieing to get their hands on hard to find information concerning the JB recruitment process and you just want to be funny.

OK, funny guy. You made me laugh.

sentosa1942
5th Oct 2009, 09:40
Hi,

I have also received an Email informing me that I meet Jetbirds min requirements, so I will be getting that 10 min phone call sometimes in Sept/Oct. However, this Email was sent to me at the end of August. Can anyone shead some light as to when I might expect to receive this call, seeing that it is now Oct 5th. Also, What happens if I miss the call ? do they leave a voice message for me to call them back or what. Or is that my chance gone ?

Appreciate any and all info, ta. :)

sentosa1942
5th Oct 2009, 10:34
Thank you suitcaseman, it's apprcaited :ok:

Van G
5th Oct 2009, 11:30
I wouldn't worry, I missed their call initially back in march and just responded to the voicemail they left for me. Good luck when it comes!

Has anyone heard any further details about the face to face interviews in November? Have they introduced a sim check now too?

Thanks,

VG

sentosa1942
5th Oct 2009, 13:52
Thanks Van G :ok:

Uffie
5th Oct 2009, 19:26
Van G,

What questions can we expect during the phonecall interview? I guess we are all curious about that.

Please let us know!

A10Warthog
6th Oct 2009, 09:08
Indeed ! ! :eek:

FI-A
10th Oct 2009, 11:37
Had a look at JB's homepage and it says that the deadline for the Nov selection process has passed, the next taking place in March. I was surprised I did not receive a phone call (although I got that e-mail several weeks ago) and I believe from what I heard I'm not the only one?

FI-A

Superpilot
10th Oct 2009, 12:35
FI-A, you're not reading it properly. All this simply means is that the deadline to submit your initial application has passed. The phone call is still to happen...for everybody.

Cecco
10th Oct 2009, 19:33
Let's talk again on 1st of November...

A10Warthog
13th Oct 2009, 06:15
Anyone received the phone call yet?

Raven1972
13th Oct 2009, 07:17
No Call as yet but then I figured it would probably be towards the end of the month... BTW has anyone any news as to when they will launch....since they were supposed to launch in Sept.....

Cpt_Schmerzfrei
14th Oct 2009, 03:00
You may want to have a look at this:

Click (http://www.ainonline.com/news/single-news-page/article/jetbirds-start-up-grounded-by-delays-at-embraer/)

ExcelXLS Driver
14th Oct 2009, 08:25
Hi Cpt_Schmerzfrei,

Thanks for the link, it made an interesting read!
At least we now know why we have not received a phone call and I think that they are likely to hold off until the bottle neck of pilots going through TR training has cleared.

Personally I am looking forward to my phone call, when it comes. This recession has proven that all companies in the biz jet market as well as airlines are vulnerable. As long as Jetbird has the capital to keep marketing its product, backed by a good service provided to the customer, I don't see why it would not succeed. Especially as most of its competition in the UK and has gone bust! And by that I mean the operators flying CJ's and midsize biz jets such as the Citation Excel's.

Blink seems to be doing well and if people can travel around Europe, in a private jet, on business for the same or similar price as a First Class ticket with BA then I think they will do well.

I previously flew the Citation Excel/XLS and you certainly can't hire one for the same price. The Embraer aircraft are strong contenders against the Mustang and even Citation Excel, with the Phenom 300.

In this current climate companies like Blink and Jetbird will hopefully be the breath of fresh air needed to get us pilots back into work and give people confidence in these type of opertations.

Regards,

ExcelXLS Driver

Daifly
14th Oct 2009, 09:33
Sometimes of course Press Releases aren't worth the paper they are written on. I refer you to Jet Republic....

"Especially as most of its competition in the UK and has gone bust!" - I can't think of that many (established) companies that have "gone bust" so far? Maybe European Business Jets and that's it? Others weren't in the VLJ/CJ/XL arena - and were largely press released hype anyway.

ExcelXLS Driver
14th Oct 2009, 21:00
Hi,

The following companies I know went bust.

European Business Jets
Bluestream Aviation
Jet Club Zurich

London Executive Aviation are feeling the strain.
Skywork were selling off their small business jets to help fund their Excels and Q400.

Those are the ones I know of.

BigNumber
14th Oct 2009, 21:23
Also very close to hand in Europe and with pilots furlough:-

'ASL' and 'Flying Group'

JetBird will need to be extremely competitive to secure work ahead of these guys.

lear60fellow
14th Oct 2009, 21:50
Be careful with jetbird, they own a friend of mine a hughe amount of money for his job, so freelancers stay away.

jetstreamrider
15th Oct 2009, 14:58
I think our dear friend must be mistaken!!! :confused::bored::}

The Deec
15th Oct 2009, 15:36
I think lear 60 is getting confused with JR , and if so his buddy will be waiting a long time for his $$$$

ExcelXLS Driver
17th Oct 2009, 11:26
Hi,

Jet Club Zurich, which is a separate company to Jet Club International, Farnborough, has or is going bust as the current owner is bankrupt.

Jet Club will come back with a new owner and a few people from Execujet are reported to be joining the company.

A10Warthog
19th Oct 2009, 11:38
Anyone got the phonecall yet?

Superpilot
19th Oct 2009, 19:38
No but got a sales pitch via email. :ok:

Cpt_Schmerzfrei
19th Oct 2009, 20:49
Phone calls are supposed to take place this week.

Beertender
19th Oct 2009, 21:08
I have received a nice phone call from them, been invited to a twenty minute phone interview. I guess they are calling in people in the coming days..would also be interested to hear more details from others as well, or just PM me.

tali
19th Oct 2009, 21:56
Hello Beertender, May you tell us any clue about what do they ask at the thelephone intew..??

Thanks

Beertender
20th Oct 2009, 07:55
tali,

unfortunately I was on a time constraint when they rang me and had to delay the interview (will take 20 minutes), so I have no details yet..

I am also curious if others here have been called for the first round.

Does somebody have an idea what status is at JB after reports of major delays?

Thanks

lpokijuhyt
20th Oct 2009, 11:07
Wish I could offer more advice on the phone interview, I am waiting as well.

Question: what do you think their feeling is on currency. My currency is about to lapse and I am wondering if I should get current again. Unfortunately, I have not been doing much flying for the last year due to job redundancy. Because if you are hired by Jetbird and then go to simulator, then you would get recurrent when you do the Type Rating...am I not correct? Or do you think it would be a black mark if you were invited to the interview and were out of currency?:ouch:

Thx.

Der_Fischmeister
20th Oct 2009, 11:31
which one we talking ,Type ,IFR...

If you go for an interview and u have not have had 3 TO LDGS in 90 days well no big deal ,same i guess if you apply for job and rating expired (Takking about a year or so ,which can be reissued with a recurrent training session or on the Airplane.

Dunno what they say if you go there with nothing anymore current i mean Mult Eng IFR or all this...

cheers

loopyowl
20th Oct 2009, 14:59
As suitcaseman and others have said it is fairly impossible to screw it up :8 they're just checking that you can actually hold a conversation with them and are sociable and articulate enough to deal with customers. At least that's what it was back in March anyways.

Expect questions about customer service, relocating to Germany, hobbies and interests, decision making, etc. :ok:

Face to face interview is also pretty informal with a panel interview meaning a whole panel of people meet with you. The technical exam is easy ATPL questions. I did hear that they're including a SIM ride from November onwards though. Maybe someone's done badly on type rating! :confused:

Regardless, it's pretty impossible to not get the phone interview right. If you're all so worried about it and worried about missing a phone call etc maybe you won't handle GA flying very well :E - if your CV is good enough they'll call and others have said they leave voicemail so just call them back! No sweat :cool:

Beertender
20th Oct 2009, 15:38
loopyowl,

Thanks for sharing, no worries. May I assume you have been successful in March and are still waiting to start with JB?

I.O.W. What is happening at JB at this moment in terms of training back log, number of crews hired, A/C delivery delays...?

Anyone else here who has gotten the call?

BTender

ExcelXLS Driver
20th Oct 2009, 19:25
Hi Guys,

Heard from my source that there will be a delay in the launch until early next year and they currently have delays with training slots. But not to worry as it is a small setback.

For those of you who have not had your first type rating your IR must be current to start the TR course. If this is your second TR then this does not apply.

punk666
22nd Oct 2009, 12:03
Had a phone interview today :ok:....About time and I also asked about the current situation with them right now.

Their planning to do a soft launch around end of Nov/Dec time but an official launch wont be till later obviously due to lack of planes.
I will hopefully be called in for a Face to face review at the end of november but training wont start till next year. I have been told there launch date and training is a bit behind schedule but it will be back on track soon, It takes around 4 days to get the planes from S.America to Dublin.

Thats all folks!

Beertender
22nd Oct 2009, 12:34
loopyowl was right on,

I had the interview with a nice lady and it was very laid back, it took me about 12 minutes.
expect general questions such as:

tell us about your aviation background
personal interests in spare time
previous leadership roles
example of a split-second decision
flexibility towards company
hardest part of working at JB
attitude towards good customer service and a/c cleaning
willing to relocate near CGN

That's about it.

it will take them 1-2 weeks before they will get back with an answer, hope this helps:)

Btender

punk666
22nd Oct 2009, 15:27
Btender,

I had the same questions but i had it with some guy, quite funny really I was a sleep at the time and I literally answered the call and had an interview I hope I didnt sound drowzy down the phone seeing as I have a cold haha

fspilota320
23rd Oct 2009, 00:19
Hi guys,
nice to hear some of you got your calls....Im still waiting to hopefully get one soon since they started... I really do hope things work out and jetbird get everything running, it sounds exciting..:) also good luck to everyone involved in this venture!

regards,

Piloto

Speedbrakesdeployed
23rd Oct 2009, 11:17
just received the same call. nice lady and the same questions as previously posted. good luck fellow aviators!

Spéir
23rd Oct 2009, 14:01
Beertender, Punk666, Loopyowl, Speedbrakes &Co,

Do you mind me asking roughly what your experience levels are?

The minimum requirements specified for FO positions were 280 hours TT, which seems very low in the current market (I'm sure they could have specified minimum 1000TT and still had plenty applications), so I'm curious as to what the average experience levels of current applicants might be. As in whether they're mostly low hours recently qualified, or mostly people into four figures TT currently working as commercial pilots but looking for a step up.

I am somewhere in between with about 600 hours TT mostly single engine, and currently part time instructing and part time non-flying job to fund it, and am also waiting for the phone interview in oct / nov.

I don't think that any particular number or hours will rule anybody in or out, as I heard that in the initial recruitment they took on people from all sorts of different backgrounds, but I think it would be interesting to know what the typical is. I wonder too how many applicants have the 100 hours ME jet time, and if this will be a big advantage?

Punk666, you mentioned B737 experience. Are you still flying? Surely you wouldn't leave a 737 job to work for a new start up company, although of course no company is safe at the moment!

Good luck to all in the Jetbird phone book!

S :)

Didi_7
23rd Oct 2009, 15:13
Hi all!

I'm waiting for the phone call too.
Is the face to face interview in Cologne or in dublin?

Thanks

irishone
23rd Oct 2009, 15:15
London or Dublin.
If there are enough Irish applicants they will also hold an interview date in Dublin as well as London.

punk666
23rd Oct 2009, 21:16
SPEIR

I asked JB what they're looking for regarding pilots and the nice man that I spoke to said they are looking for 3 types of pilot levels.

1. Experienced captains
2. Experienced FO's
3. Low experienced FO's

Also interviews right now are being held at Gatwick at the end of November depending on how quick they finish with the phone calls
I hope this has helped you.

Punk

Its me
24th Oct 2009, 07:37
An an info:

I am still waiting for that phone call too and I´ve got 2500+ hrs as captain.

Any other interesting news on that topic, fellas?

Time Traveller
24th Oct 2009, 07:46
Maybe theyre screening FOs first. Ive not had a call yet for Capt.

S.F.L.Y
24th Oct 2009, 07:51
Anybody got a call out of the EU boundaries? I'm currently little bit far but wouldn't mind moving back to Europe.

buzzc152
24th Oct 2009, 10:54
I had the call a few days ago. Just an informal chat, no right or wrong answers.

For those still waiting, he did tell me that it will take about 2 weeks to get through all the phone interviews...... so I guess another week or so to go. Formal interviews to be held in London late Nov with a view to type rating courses in Jan and March depending on your experience.

powdermonkey
24th Oct 2009, 11:28
Hey all, had a phone call as well yesterday, all questions as previously stated, was caught a little unawares! lol
Any idea about sim checks and what its on? Haven't flown in over 9 months so kinda concerned!

CptSilva
24th Oct 2009, 12:05
Hey all,

Anyone have any idea what they consider as Experienced FO? They dont say anything on the website.
They will arrange any commuting contracts?

Thx

Speedbrakesdeployed
26th Oct 2009, 17:16
Anyone who knows how many applicants are being called?

Cheers

Uffie
26th Oct 2009, 17:51
Hi all,

Anyone else who did not receive the phonecall yet?

fspilota320
26th Oct 2009, 18:36
Hey dude,
I havent had a call either as yet so still waiting...im sure itll come ..who knows what jetbird planning...I am an F/O application though..

hope u get yo call as well and will be nice once things get going..:)

all the best :)

Dried ears
26th Oct 2009, 18:43
Yup
Am still waiting too. Looking forward to speaking to them though.

Teddy Robinson
26th Oct 2009, 20:59
Had the call ... turned them down.

Think about it ...

Low salary, bonded to the sole commercial European operator of a type, and expected to look after yourselves + family + untried business model.

mmm ... no.:cool:

punk666
26th Oct 2009, 23:30
Am I right in saying that if you sign a contract with a company for training and they go bust that means the contract and the bond is finished?

So for example if they pay for the TR +LT and they go bust after 1 year you can walk away with a new TR and a few hours on type?

Cpt_Schmerzfrei
27th Oct 2009, 04:11
NBAA 09: Financing challenges at JetBird and JetSuite drive Phenom 100 delivery shortfall (http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2009/10/21/333781/nbaa-09-financing-challenges-at-jetbird-and-jetsuite-drive-phenom-100-delivery.html)

:confused:

jetstreamrider
27th Oct 2009, 08:00
Schmerzfrei, are you the local paperboy? I refer to your link on post 143. It explains that JetBird secured more financing...the flightglobal column doesn't illustrate much regarding JetBird, it just highlights Embraer's orders and production.

ExcelXLS Driver
27th Oct 2009, 08:11
Hi,

Punk666 you are correct in your statement.

With Jet Republic facing bankruptcy, as a by product of the recession, Jetbird's launch could be coming at a good time and the right time. They are one of the few companies offering work to pilots with less than 500hrs total time and no hours on type including a bonded type rating.

There are a few pessimistic views about this company here. We can't accurately forecast how Jetbird will compare to other companies and the ability of their management to carry the company forward and secure contracts. If the product is good and the service customers receive is of a high standard, Jetbird has every chance of being successful. If people did not try they would not succeed !

I currently have 2 options. Work in a call centre, which I hate, or take an opportunity to fly for a new company. I would rather work for Jetbird then pass off the opportunity because of what might happen. Larger operators can still go bust as was proven with companies such as Bluestream and possibly LEA.

At the end of the day we must do what is best on an individual level, however Mr Robinson must have more hours under his belt than most of us posting here to be that confident to turn down possible employment! Mr Robinson, not a dig at your decision but I am just assuming that is why you chose to turn down JB, somthing else in the pipeline?

All the best,

PS. For those waiting for your interviews, they will come!

Phil Latterly
27th Oct 2009, 12:06
"Larger operators can still go bust as was proven with companies such as Bluestream and possibly LEA."

Sorry but you don't mean LEA; they are alive and well.

buzzc152
27th Oct 2009, 12:58
What is the salary on offer from Jetbird ? Both FO & Capt ?

Ta

punk666
27th Oct 2009, 13:43
I do have the email from them saying the salary but I cant be botherd to dig it out at this point in time but it should be already mentioned in this thread somewhere.

But from what I remember its 40,000 euro's for FO and 60,000 euro for captain and 66 for training captain.

Hope it helps

fspilota320
27th Oct 2009, 17:09
Has anyone had a call since yesterday or perhaps today?

Im still waiting too...hope it comes...fingers crossed....

and good luck to those called for any interviews....:)

ExcelXLS Driver
27th Oct 2009, 19:23
Hi Phil,

I did say 'possibly' LEA. They have been making pilots redundant even on the Mustangs and they are on hard times as far as finances and paying their loans for their aircraft. They were supposed to be trying to sell the CJ's if I remember correctly.

I know they are still operating, but they aren't a strong company at the moment. Things could/or have changed.

Uffie
27th Oct 2009, 21:14
Hi all,

I'm curious what the experience level is from most of you guys.
To speak for myself; I have 1050 hours total time of which 730 on a Dornier 228 multi engine turboprop. Which means that i'm a First Officer applicant.

punk666
27th Oct 2009, 21:54
UFFIE

You have way more experience than me haha...JB told me during the phone call they are looking for 3 levels of experience:

1. Experienced captain
2. Experienced FO....im guessing around 1500 hours TT
3. Low hour entry FO

No RYR for me
27th Oct 2009, 22:20
On the risk of being called a paper boy just compare the two articles:

JetBird’s Start-up Grounded by Delays at Embraer

By: Charles Alcock
October 13, 2009
Charter

Production delays at Embraer’s factory and an associated bottleneck in the pilot training process for its new Phenom 100 light jet have delayed the service launch of air-taxi firm JetBird. The company expected to begin revenue flights last month from its initial operating base at Cologne, Germany, but CEO Stefan Vilner said this will now happen “before the end of this year.

Vilner told AIN that delays in initial Phenom 100 deliveries to JetBird and other customers had in turn meant that too many pilots simultaneously needed to access the available training infrastructure, creating a logjam. JetBird also raised a further €5 million ($7.3 million) in capital last month from an undisclosed investor.

Vilner indicated that the company is still seeking further investment, though he said JetBird already has all the working capital it needs. In September last year, as the credit crunch was beginning to squeeze business aviation start-up firms, undisclosed Saudi Arabian investors paid €10 million ($14.6 million) for a 9.3-percent stake in the company.

Around that time it also secured debt financing from Royal Bank of Scotland on the first 25 of the 59 Phenom 100s for which JetBird holds firm orders.

and in Flight this week....

NBAA 09: Financing challenges at JetBird and JetSuite drive Phenom 100 delivery shortfall
By Brendan Sobie

In another sign of the tough economic times, Embraer has more than 10 Phenom 100 very light jets sitting at the factory waiting for delivery as European air taxi start-up JetBird and US charter operator JetSuite struggle to secure financing.

The manufacturer was expecting to deliver 35-40 Phenom 100s in the third quarter, but delivered only 22 aircraft. Chief executive Fred Curado says Embraer has not encountered any problems ramping up production, but "commercial issues" have prevented it from meeting its delivery targets.

Embraer executive vice-president for executive aviation Luis Carlos Affonso says two of Embraer's largest Phenom 100 customers, JetBird and JetSuite, account for a majority of the "shortfall".

JetBird, which has been planning to launch operations across Europe in September but has not yet taken delivery of any aircraft, has 59 Phenom 100s on order. "I believe they are very close to taking delivery of airplanes," Affonso told Flight Evening News.

JetSuite launched charter operations in May using one leased Phenom 100. At the end of September it took its second aircraft and the first from its 60-aircraft order. JetSuite chief executive Alex Wilcox acknowledges it is behind in deliveries due to various reasons including "financing realities" but plans to catch up by year-end with five or six Phenom 100s to be delivered in the current quarter.

Affonso and Curado are confident Embraer will be able to catch up on Phenom 100 deliveries this quarter. Curado says Embraer's earlier target of delivering 110 Phenom 100s this year "is still doable" although this will require 65 fourth quarter deliveries.

He says Embraer is on track from a production standpoint. He says the 100th production Phenom 100 is already on the assembly line.

Affonso adds that if JetBird and JetSuite are able to close on financing both will be able to take several aircraft in quick succession.

Given the current backlog, the next available slot for a Phenom 100 or 300 is technically 2013, but Affonso acknowledges Embraer has 2010 slots available for both types. He says Embraer is still on track to certificate and deliver the first batch of Phenom 300s at the end of this year.

Cpt_Schmerzfrei
27th Oct 2009, 22:29
Jetstreamrider, I am at a loss why you have to be so uncouth. :rolleyes:

I am not going to argue with you about the relevance of the articles, especially given the dates and the sources quoted. If you don't see it, that's okay. :hmm: Please note that I did not opine or speculate about the content. If you find that offensive for any reason, may I politely suggest that you just stop reading my posts?

P.S.: Others seem to get it

jetstreamrider
28th Oct 2009, 07:59
CPT...I'm not looking for an argument and my apologies if I seemed a bit 'uncouth' but my point was to highlight that the two articles contradict each other. RYR seems to highlight this too.

Highlighting these articles for everyone is good and hopefully the news will become more and more positive as everyone gets the phone calls they are waiting for.

Good luck!

Holliwood
28th Oct 2009, 09:27
is everybody that have been called so far only CPTs or there are some applying for FO?

still waiting for the call here.........

ExcelXLS Driver
28th Oct 2009, 09:40
Hi Holliwood,

I am an FO and I recently received a call. Relaxed interview hopefully went well.

Go Smoke
28th Oct 2009, 13:09
Applying for FO. Got my call yesterday. Everything pretty much as stated.
Wish I'd seen the list of questions before hand though - caught me on the hop slightly.

Phenom100
28th Oct 2009, 14:13
what questions are being asked on the phone interview?

Uffie
28th Oct 2009, 18:07
Still no call for me. Starting to worry a bit now

fspilota320
28th Oct 2009, 18:18
Hey Uffie,

Im also still waiting so lets see what happens...i guess we also did get the email stating 10min tel interview in sept/oct but havent had it as yet so im worried too now...

well fingers crossed i guess...nothing else....:)

mha
28th Oct 2009, 19:59
I m there with you guys, got the email but no call so far...

No RYR for me
28th Oct 2009, 22:33
Everybody who receives the call, please ask the following question to show you have researched the company you want to work for: Is there funding yes or no?

Might save you a lot of time... :suspect: Remember this operator in Lisbon that went down on the day the investors had to pour money in.. the fact that there are aircraft waiting for funding is a very bad sign :sad:

fspilota320
29th Oct 2009, 11:10
Im begining to loose hope now on this call....im tired of staring at my phone..lol
I am begining to feel jebird have made the calls they wanted......but im still confused then why email us with that initial ..."expect 10 min tel....."
Stange reallly.....something surely is not right! time will tell i guess but i wish everyone good luck....:)

:) good day :)

His dudeness
29th Oct 2009, 11:30
Dear NRfm,

don´t you think the point has been made already?

We´ll see if they get airborne and for how long.

No RYR for me
29th Oct 2009, 13:33
Hi Dude

Yes you would think so but I just want to temper the optimisme of the "have they called already"brigade. Not so much to sound as a negative b@st@rd (I like to call it experience ;) ) but to make sure that people are aware before they move house, buy typeratings etc that there is a risk involved...

Uffie
29th Oct 2009, 17:51
Still no phonecall.............should I worry?

The Deec
29th Oct 2009, 18:37
I think that they are experiencing some delays with the launch so I guess there is a possibility that what you were all told about phone interviews could be subject to some delays. I guess you all need to make contact with the company with the view to getting some real answers.

olivier-weber
29th Oct 2009, 21:45
Still no phone call but I think they will call us ! If that's not the case I think I will call them Wednesday...

olivier-weber
29th Oct 2009, 21:55
I was asking myself, what are your names. Mine starts with a W maybe they call in alphabetical order ?

Uffie
29th Oct 2009, 22:10
Olivier,

I was thinking the same. I still didn't receive the call either. My name starts with a U.

Good luck

Holliwood
29th Oct 2009, 22:44
no call here
my last name start with a D thou.
but i was thinkin if they have 2 or 3 guys calling and probably 1000 or more applications that would take forever.
but i might start calling them next week.:{:{

Legacylover
30th Oct 2009, 07:00
Having been involved in this project before I can tell you that the chances that this company will even begin operation is very slim.
Ask them about their AOC and you will find out that even after so many years of preperation they still don't have it and have to rely on someone elses.
Incompetent management with double stories are the base of this all.
Lashing out and basically accusing the Manufacturer of being the cause of this all is not a first time incident.
Have been personally put in a very bad position in public and in front of Embraer because the CEO created a video that was published on Danish TV for the sake of the ego of this person portraing him as the big man and the others as loosers. Just be aware!!

Go Smoke
30th Oct 2009, 08:10
I've had the call. My surname starts with a W.

Raven1972
30th Oct 2009, 08:37
Well I'm not sure if that's anything to go on....I'm still waiting and my surname is earlier in the alphabet...;)

Go Smoke
30th Oct 2009, 09:01
My post was a response to posts on the previous page suggesting that maybe they were working through a list of applicants alphabetically. ;)

carlosrate
30th Oct 2009, 15:53
My surname starts by R and I haven´t still had the call

loopyowl
30th Oct 2009, 16:20
Just spoke to pilot liaison at Jetbird today and she said that they're having a backlog of applications to screen and phone interviews will drag on a little longer than expected. They are getting through the list but had something like 4,000 applications to start with and are phone screening over 500. Sounds like a huge task. So for all you guys still waiting for the phone call just be patient I guess. :ok:

LegacyLover - would you shed some light on what you insinuate below - sounds like you've had a bad experience? What specifically happened? :suspect:

loopyowl
30th Oct 2009, 16:33
Btender - not been online for a few days - damn internet was down!

I took the job in March and officially started a few months later after the delays and that. They actually were production delays btw for all you doubters out there. Just finished my TR in Burgess Hill a few weeks back and I have to say the Phenom is a joy to fly - if even only on a SIM for now :8 You get much quicker at programming the Garmin after practice and they have an IPT to play with each evening after ground school so you're not just going into the SIM blind. Good instructors too.

From what I gather, they are completely back on track now with training slots and TR dates for all the rest of the gang for this year. They've been really good at keeping us all in the loop since the delays and that too so at least we've not been in the dark. Good luck to you - let us know if you get called for face-to-face session. :)

The Deec
30th Oct 2009, 17:20
Hi LL ,

Having been involved in this project before I can tell you that the chances that this company will even begin operation is very slim .

Are you saying that you were involved in the JB project or a similar start up.

Please tell us more.....

I would have thought with all the $$$$ behind this company that it was recession proof. Stranger things have happened I guess.

Hope your wrong

wdaniel
30th Oct 2009, 19:08
well, i'm a bit far to as in USA right now.....but flexible
miss the call from Wednesday....
Call them back, but I guess they are very busy at this time...applying for an FO position with 4000 hours total time

otherwise thanks for all other feedback

Legacylover
30th Oct 2009, 20:05
Yes I was indeed involved with the JetBird plans to start this business.
Very naive and lacking proffesiolism. Constantly stating that finance was in good order but reality showed the opposite.
Loads of hot air and no action at crusial times. In my opinion, lack of experience and wrong selection of key people are the base of this, in my view, failing business. I believe in the concept but the people working this out are either incompetend or simply do not understand the business.
I stay with my remark before, it will simply not take off! If it does, it will fold right after that.

If they had been serious, recrutement should have started month ago. They just dragged their feet and try to give the world the impression that something is happening by randomly calling people for interviews. No move on deliveries though of their fleet.

No RYR for me
30th Oct 2009, 21:12
Like FOXnews: you decide
They actually were production delays btw for all you doubters out there.
versus
In another sign of the tough economic times, Embraer has more than 10 Phenom 100 very light jets sitting at the factory waiting for delivery as European air taxi start-up JetBird and US charter operator JetSuite struggle to secure financing.

Let me see... Should I believe the CEO of one of the largest manufacturers or a poster on Pprune.. :rolleyes:

Legacylover
30th Oct 2009, 21:34
For me its obvious, I believe the CEO of the manufacturer.
There is much more to loose in credebility when talking b..s..t. as a respected party in this.
The latter is apperantly no problem for JB. From very reliable sources I know that these aircraft are available and ready for delivery.
Delivery performance agreements in the purchase contract safeguard economical damages and JB is not claiming this!!
It just stinks and I believe that the balloon is about to explode.

x933
31st Oct 2009, 00:57
There's been Phenom's wondering around Europe for a while now, if there was a production delay then one would assume that more people would be jumping up and down and making a noise about it.

I understand those that have lost their jobs recently applying to join - anything has to be better than sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring or the soulless monotony of sending out CV after CV and getting no bites. But for the young guns freshly minted from OAT/FTE/Cabair etc...it smacks of a lot of people not understanding how aircraft get paid for.

The market that JB are going after is still relatively unproven - Blink are just about getting by (and, having seen how much flying they are doing I use that term loosely), so another player coming into the market *will* upset the apple cart. Ultimately it'll end in tears before bedtime for someone.

The Deec
31st Oct 2009, 02:39
I guess alot of you are holding out with the hope of a phone call or maybe even an interview, if your lucky enough to be selected . I wish you all success. Lets just hope that things continue in a positive forward motion, planes get delivered , people get trained and JB succeed with their launch and biz plan.
I guess thats all we can hope for at this stage otherwise all the blood and sweat will surely end in tears !They appear to have put a hell of a lot of work into this project and we can only wish for everyone concerned that all will be well . It seems to be the only show in town right now, and with company layoffs increasing, the industry surely needs these jobs .

JimJoness
31st Oct 2009, 08:31
Actually I have to disagree. I do not wish them well and I hope they will not succeed. My reasons ? Bad salary and a VLJ is for a pilot for sure not the nicest aircraft to fly.
There is a more or less fixed number of people that travel in privat jets, its not that JetBird would create or dig out new customers for the biz jet market.
So if they get clients, those clients will be lost for other small aircraft operators which already suffer in the current market conditions.

And personally I would prefer flying a Cessna Citation than a VLJ, I simply don't like VLJ's and I am for sure won't like the salaries beeing payed.

I do understand that pilots prefer getting into a VLJ at JetBird than sitting at home being unemployed. But I am convinced as well that there is only a small amount of people that would like to fly a VLJ for their whole career. So "if" the market picks up again ( I bet it will ), JB Pilots will start sending CV's out again to get themselves into a decent plane with a better salary.

Don't get me wrong here, I wish for every Pilot that he finds a decent job.

His dudeness
31st Oct 2009, 11:25
PS: JinJoness - A large part of the JB plan is to make private jets available to people who could not normally afford a private jet ,for example the airline business class traveler thereby expanding the market.

Business class pax that fly business class in Europe only? Seems a very, very small market to me. Almost all business class travel intra europe is feeding to go intercontinental.
BTW, I do fly for a huge company and they have changed their travel routine away from business class to eco.

In part I have to agree to JJ, not on the I don´t want to fly VLJs section, but that these new jobs will only lead to make established ones with decent pay go away.

Lets face it, for the time being there is way to many pilots out there without a job. But JB won´t changed that I´m afraid. (and I understand everyone trying to secure a job in this climate)

We shall see in a few months time how and if they are going to fly.

The Deec
31st Oct 2009, 14:22
I guess there will always be people who feel threatened by new concepts and new technology in terms of new design and more fuel effecient aircraft. This is surely only to protect their own agendas and above all their own hides. Lets face it this can only be regarded as progress and innovation in the market and at the cutting edge of design & technology, and as long as there are people with vision and know how, call them entrepreneurs or whatever you want, if these guys see that there is a gap in the market , secure inward investment, they can make that concept a reality . I think making biz air travel affordable for the average joe and not just the elitist groups in business, can only be positive for the industry. Above all it will certainly put alot of gas guzzlers out to pasture in the Mojave desert ! Carbon footprint solved !
Rant over....... sorry guys

Green machine....

BigNumber
31st Oct 2009, 17:12
I am not convinced that JB will be able to secure new market custom away from the "Business Class Seats" of Main Line Carriers.

IMO the tightening economic climate has seen this Premium market greatly eroded and replaced by Lo Co / Economy fare travel for company executives.

This being the case, JB will have to 'cost compete' with the existing Bravo / CJ / King Air operators for market share. Is this really realistic?

Customers will be willing to pay a 'small' premium for a nice new aircraft and the association with a well marketed brand, but only in the short term. Cost, IMO, will secure success or guarantee failure for JB.

I wonder how they will cost compete with the likes of 247Jet or ASL? They will need to be sharply priced.

I only have cockpit experience so would be interested to hear the thoughts of those more Business Savvy.

Thanks, BN

Gamen
1st Nov 2009, 20:21
Hi everybody!

I have followed this thread for a long time now and think that there is alot of good stuff being written.

I am like many of you, recently unemployed. For me after almost ten years in the business. A question about JB relocation demand. With an "airline" roster of 5-4, 5-3 for their 18 days per month, it makes living anywhere else than in Germany impossible. Are there that many Commanders out there that are willing do drop families etc and move to EDDK? Assuming that young or low time pilots are less attached to their homes:).

Does anybody have a good answer to why JB wouldn´t choose a "normal" schedule of say, 14-18 days on and 12-14 off?

Thanks!

stefair
2nd Nov 2009, 10:28
Anyone out there who hasn't had the call yet but had been emailed? I'm still waiting and it's dreadful - sitting on the edge of my seat so to speak... :ugh:

Gizmo1
2nd Nov 2009, 10:38
Still waiting as well. They're obviously trying to cope with the large number of applicants. I'm sure they'll get round to us eventually.

stefair
2nd Nov 2009, 10:55
Getting the calls done must be a hell of a job, if the application figures previously posted here are true! :}

Good luck to everyone involved! :ok:

VIKING9
2nd Nov 2009, 13:39
Maybe the Irish feds are stalling things. Lets face it, they don't rush unless they are dealing with Ryanair :ok:

Didi_7
2nd Nov 2009, 14:19
I'm still waiting for the call.
Has anyone have their phone number?

Best regards

olivier-weber
2nd Nov 2009, 19:23
I just had my phone call today. For those who are still waiting don't worry they told me they are a little late in the screening. Relax they will call you...

I'm waiting my answer, 15 days maximum.

Good luck everybody !

EGCC Wannabe
2nd Nov 2009, 20:58
Had my telephone interview a couple of weeks ago.

I don't wish to enter a slanging match about Jetbird, but this is what I was told after a nice, relaxed interview.

Over 1500 applicants, 800 will be telephoned.

They currently have 13 type-rated pilots. I am guessing (and it's just a guess) that these pilots are doing the telephone interviews, 800/13= erm... alot of phonecalls each.

Anticpating most pilots will commute initially and the rota will probably be 6on-4off.

Hope this answers some questions.

A10Warthog
3rd Nov 2009, 06:14
If you get lucky and pass the phone interview, what else is there in store for the interview process?

Phil Brockwell
3rd Nov 2009, 09:05
What rate are the aircraft being delivered.

If they have 13 type rated pilots (7.5 crews) then they have enough for the first 5 aircraft (at least).

Phil

BigNumber
3rd Nov 2009, 09:34
Hi Phil,

Yes 5 aircraft at the very least.

Some post ago (Post 240-31st Oct) I had asked about the JB business model. I was wondering if you had any thoughts?

Daifly
3rd Nov 2009, 12:26
I thought someone said the reason they don't have the aircraft is because they couldn't get the sim slots to train the pilots? Even I could get one aircraft airborne with 13 pilots.....!

The Mixmaster
3rd Nov 2009, 12:54
Phil - At the very least they'd need 2 crews per aircraft. Realistically more for standby coverage, annual leave cover etc. 13 pilots would only really cover 3 aircraft, 4 at a stretch.

BigNumber
3rd Nov 2009, 13:27
Not in my experience Mixmaster,

I have performed AOC Charter in Europe with barely 1 crew per aircraft. Consequently, I found FTL Scheme's rather 'flexibly applied', and regulation minimal. This will be the competition.

Salary cost was minimised by 'employing' the crew as 'Freelance' and paid only on day rates.

I believe that cost will continue to be king, but I am not a business expert. Is it possible that JB can be more cost effective than these operations? If not so; is it the case that customers will be willing to pay a premium for flying the JB brand and a new aircraft?

Phil Brockwell
3rd Nov 2009, 13:28
Mixmaster,

With 1.5 crews per aircraft each airframe could operate 600 hrs a year. 2 crews per aircraft and you would struggle to be competitive.

Phil

The Mixmaster
3rd Nov 2009, 14:37
BigNumber and Phil - That may be so, but with their planned roster as outlined earlier in the thread, 1 or 1.5 crew per aircraft is unworkable.

Der_Fischmeister
3rd Nov 2009, 14:42
I recently heard, my former Employer (Company Southern germany) has a structure now to crew all Aircraft 1,5 .
It doesnt matter if the aircraft is only then only available :} 20 days a month .Its in their eyes way better to fourlough Pilots then to be fully staffed and ready.

Anyways...Any lear 60 Job ???
Cheers

it´s...The Fischmeister!!

Senor Jose Cuervo
3rd Nov 2009, 15:53
If they have 13 type rated pilots (7.5 crews)

Not sure of your sums Phil - do you mean 6.5 crews?

lpokijuhyt
3rd Nov 2009, 16:48
My question is this: Where the hell did these 13 Type Rated Phenom pilots come from? There aren't many other airlines operating this jet (if any right now)....are there?

God forbid that some of these guys went out and bought a TR to look impressive on the CV. Remind me to give a person who did this a swift kick in the nuts if I ever find out it is true.

Are the 13 pilots currently Jet Bird pilots or are you saying that some guys "just happened" to have a Phenom Type Rating? WTF?

Are guys slitting other pilots throats and lowering industry standards before even getting in the door by running out and getting a Phenom TR?

Say it aint so Joe.:bored:

Jackdaw
3rd Nov 2009, 17:02
It aint so Joe!
CAE Dallas and CAE Burgess Hill both been busy with doing EASA Type Ratings for a number of pilots from a number of European companies - paid for by said companies. Obviously a few private owners around, but if they can afford a Phenom they can afford to pay for the TR!

BizJetJockey
3rd Nov 2009, 17:28
I think you will find that they might just be JB pilots!!:)

wiggywoo
3rd Nov 2009, 22:45
Not quite. Mainly JB pilots, but also for a few other European companies as well.

I understand the type-ratings are included as part of the aircraft purchase.

13 type-rated pilots for JB sounds about right to me; haven't heard of them taking delivery of any of their aircraft yet though.

Its me
4th Nov 2009, 10:51
well...I did not get a call yet either. Anyone else?

Would like to ask one thing again:
Anyone around able and willing to say something about follow-on interview?

- With or without Sim?
- Written or oral ATPL test?
- Which field of questions?
- Psychological exam?
- Is JB paying for ticket to Gatwick?
- How long is the process?

Understand last TR was in Dallas/Tx. Will it also be in Dallas in the future? How long is it?

Cheers folks....

lpokijuhyt
4th Nov 2009, 15:07
The weird thing is that the people doing the phone interview are not pilots. I realize the typical HR interview works for generally every industry besides pilot jobs. It seems to me that if they want to narrow down the CV pile, they need to gear the questions to more pilot"esque" type questions. OK, the top 10 interview questions are good, but it seems to me that the CEO simply handed a few Ops people an interview template and told them to call people. Anyhow...

patpilot
4th Nov 2009, 18:14
I got the call yesterday. Indeed a very relaxed interview! But it is not just a employee, the person I spoke to was a pilot and instructor himself too!

Let see what comes next. Good luck to you all who haven't got the call yet.

Blackcap
4th Nov 2009, 18:31
So you've had the call. Does it matter who called. I was called by a pilot as far as I know. But you're going to be working with pilots, ops staff, ground staff, managers, VIPs, refuellers...deal with them all!

lpokijuhyt
5th Nov 2009, 11:01
I understand that if the Phenom is operated on a US registry then they may be operated single pilot. I assume the JAA got over-involved and insisted that they be operated as a multi-pilot aircraft...(when it need not be). Is the Phenom not certified for single pilot operations? If it is indeed certified for single pilot operations, then why is it not operated in that manner. It seems similar to the concept that if an aircraft is certified for flight into known icing conditions....that it should not be flown into icing conditions because icing conditions can be potentially more hazardous than VFR conditions. My point is that the makers of the Phenom wennt to great lengths to make their little jet single pilot friendly....for apparently no reason. I don't get it.

A10Warthog
5th Nov 2009, 11:12
Well, I think from a safety issue, that 2 pilots I better than one. And I also think that pax agrees with that.

BizJetJockey
5th Nov 2009, 11:39
JAR commercial ops require two pilots. It was designed for single pilot use in order to suit private owners. The fact that companies want to operate the Phenom commercially, has somewhat confused matters with regard to licence certification in Europe. Essentially, it is a single pilot aircraft, although i'm not sure i'd like to operate it single pilot!:bored:

drogue chute
5th Nov 2009, 11:42
Well, the CJ is also certified single pilot. It is very easy to fly single pilot too (90% of the time), but when flying in busy airspace and/or something has gone wrong, you don't half appreciate the person sitting next to you! I really can't see how some owner/operators think it's a good idea to operate these without 2 pilots up front. IMHO :)

loopyowl
5th Nov 2009, 14:25
I do understand that pilots prefer getting into a VLJ at JetBird than sitting at home being unemployed. But I am convinced as well that there is only a small amount of people that would like to fly a VLJ for their whole career.

JimJones is of course right but what about us older guys with kids at home. I'd much rather fly small bus jets and be home for dinner every evening than be a bus driver on 747 and be away for long stretches at a time. At least on a VLJ you've got anything up to four separate sectors in any given day - aren't there a lot of people out there sick of listening to Radio 1 on the ADF and doing the crossword - In a VLJ I'll get to fly! And Germany looks pretty decent - CGN is GREAT for gliding too! :8

loopyowl
5th Nov 2009, 14:28
And Drogue Chute is right - for safety you want two pilots. Especially on the Phenom which hasn't even got a speed brake! If anything goes wrong two heads are better than one. :ok: FAA might not see that but thankfully EASA do.