PDA

View Full Version : RJ Ramp manual

3/8
15th Mar 2008, 11:40
Hello folks

I'm due to start a contract back on the line, on the Avro Rj, and i really need a ramp manual.
I tried the bae website and online book sellers but no joy! so if any of you out there could point me in the right direction or post the ISBN number it would be appreciated.
Cheers

3/8

Yoth
16th Mar 2008, 15:12
Try this link
http://www.regional-services.com/ur_contact_us.html
BAe still have a 146/rj training facility at Woodford. I have been in touch with them recently. The number for Woodford is not on this link, but a few phone calls will get you to where you want to go.
Flybe at Exeter may still have a few copies and could probably give you the ISBN number. Also KLM UK at Norwich still train the 146 so they should have copies.
Here is the link http://www.klmukengineering.co.uk/content/Contact.asp
If you have any problems, then PM me and I can dig further.

3/8
16th Mar 2008, 16:06
Yoth

Thanks for the info chap, ill chase them up and hopefully have some success!that book can be a life saver for t-s on a quick turnaround!

3/8

Riccardo
16th Mar 2008, 17:31
Can't see an ISBN number in the book but printed in the front cover says it's produced by

Customer Info Dept,
Bae Systems Regional Aircraft,
Prestwick International Airport,
Ayrshire
Scotland KA9 2 RW
Tel: 01292 675210
Fax: 01292 675704
Email: [email protected]

I find the Troubleshooting Guide more useful to be honest, different address here so try this too;

Information Services Department,
Bae Systems, Regional Aircraft,
Chester Road,
Woodford,
Cheshire SK7 1QR
Tel: 0161 439 5050
Fax: 0161 955 3088
Email: [email protected]

I got both books when I did the type course about 3 years ago at Woodford. The contact info above is taken straight from the two books but I don't know if they are still in use.

Hope you find what you need, you're not headin' to FRA are you?

3/8
17th Mar 2008, 09:50
Riccardo
Thanks also for the info. Ill chase that up today along with the info from yoth.
Already in FRA, but not on the RJ, have to be on them soon.Its been a while, and the 2 year deadline is approaching!
3/8

Engineer_aus
8th Apr 2008, 02:18
At least BAe have put out a pdf format for there manual now, so its easy to use.

Alan Quay
12th Apr 2008, 13:59
Easy to use??

No links, rubbish search feature. (You can't find part numbers using the ident number from the schematic.)
Even numpty searches can't be done (clicking through the pictures until you find what you want cos you have to go through the text as well.):ugh:

WOTME?
12th Apr 2008, 15:27
British Aeroscrap produce something easy to use?
Why change a tradition?

Engineer_aus
16th Apr 2008, 08:19
Its way better than the old manual that they had. Now that was hard. We use .pdf for everything now, so much easier. Used to take me 20-30mins on the old manual, get frustrated and head to the hard copy. Now its in pdf, a quick search and wolla found what I need.