PDA

View Full Version : General Aircraft Maintenance

j3pipercub
15th Mar 2008, 06:54
Goodmorning/afternoon/evening Pruners

I have a couple of questions regarding GAM. I am looking for any information I can get on the company, in particular the brisbane base. I cannot find anything on this site or the net, although that isn't saying much. I would really appreciate any general feeling of the company and if they are hiring drivers at the moment. PM's would be fantastic.

Kind Regards

j3

JIM1984
15th Mar 2008, 07:24
Hey mate I havent flown for GAM but I know of numerous friends who have. From what I could see at Bk and from what i heard it seemed to be a good op. In terms of experience I would think 1000 total & 100 multi would make you compeitive. I can comment on the nature of the flying though and that is its worth it weight in gold. Single pilot IFR bank running on the ease coast can be very demanding at times and this sort of flying will put you in a good position for the majors if thats what you are aspiring for.

Fly Safe:ok:

VH-FTS
15th Mar 2008, 07:25
No chance of a Brisbane base unless you do time elsewhere within the company.

Very hard work, but great hours and experience.

NOSIGN
15th Mar 2008, 11:33
It's General Aviation Maintenance, not General Aircraft Maintenance.

It will look better on your cover letter.

I suggest that if you would like to work for GAM, walk into your preferred base with a short resume and also cc it to Air Ops in Essendon, Vic.

There is no web page for GAM. GAM operate AC500's, 600's and D228's.