PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Best flight school in US for JAA / Initio to ATPL Program

andili
14th Mar 2008, 22:05
Hi Guys,

Please Help I am searching for a good flight school in the US with a
Initio to ATPL Program
and all in JAA!!:confused:

I am thankfull for any advise

Adios
15th Mar 2008, 07:58
You won't find one because the JAA does not allow all of the training to be conducted outside of Europe. At a minimum, you will have to do about 20 hours of the IR training and the IR test flight in European airspace.

Furthermore, ab-initio training is a euphemism for JAR-FCL Integrated courses. There aren't very many of them around. The three that do the most training outside of Europe are CTC, OAA and Western Australia Aviation. CTC does a lot of their course in New Zealand, OAA in Arizona and WAA down under of course. Then there is Cabair using Spain and UK and FTE using Spain only. There are others in Europe, but I am more familiar with the UK and English language options.

If you are willing to look at Modular courses, you'll find a lot more US options with the last bit done in the UK, but these are not ab-initio, as you must obtain a PPL first.

I don't think it is my place to say which is best. You'll have to make that decision based on your own research. I assume your reason for wanting to do it across the pond is cost saving, so I recommend modular training, as it is a minimum of £25K less expensive than ab-initio integrated training.

GBB
15th Mar 2008, 19:10
http://www.bestaviation.net

Check state that you would like to go to or just search all and see which schools offer JAA courses.

andili
15th Mar 2008, 22:10
I Realy aprechiate your advise and will check what I can find!

Cheers Andi

IRISHPILOT
16th Mar 2008, 00:12
Adios, you are mistaken. Training and testing CAN be done outside Europe (Turkey, Iceland, Romania and Germany do this).

It can also be done outside the EU (Turkey, Iceland, Norway, Italy, Slovenia and Switzerland).

It can also be done outside JAA land (Italy, Romania, and Germany do this).

Does your CAA like it? No idea. Do they do something about it or do they not accept licences from these countries? No.

Sorry for this, Andi, I know not helpful to your original post, but could not let this slip. cheers IP