PDA

View Full Version : The future small transport aircraft???

Len Ganley
14th Mar 2008, 20:43
http://en.rian.ru/video/20080313/101223964.html

Given that the RAF will soon be reduced to one pilot and a handful of lineys', this could be the way ahead.:}

Farfrompuken
15th Mar 2008, 12:41
I want one!:E

Seldomfitforpurpose
15th Mar 2008, 12:51
Outstanding, and looks like pots of fun :ok:

gashman
15th Mar 2008, 19:00
I once listened to a RAF microlight-club pilot stating the case for using this kind of caper for covert insertions of small teams of guys, and e&e for downed guys able to give it a go rather than a full CSAR package. His pros were that the RCS was low, they were relatively quiet, cheap, and easy to fly. Even if the thing were spotted, it could be from anywhere.

Interesting arguments, but I reckon a bit of small arms would ruin your day, and the e&e is a no go if you sustain injuries during the crash/ejection.

Double Zero
15th Mar 2008, 22:35
I worked with a Test Pilot ( Harrier ) who when at Boscombe was given the job of testing a microlight - Hello Bernie, Brains ! - presumably for Special Forces etc' use.

He delighted in landing right at the threshold, stopping short of the 'piano keys' - quite something for a Harrier pilot !

Does anyone remember the ' Durex Delta ' ? I recall the T.P. of the time wasn't too chuffed having a pressure guage as his main guide to structural integrity...

Climebear
16th Mar 2008, 07:57
Given that the RAF will soon be reduced to one pilot and a handful of lineys', this could be the way ahead.

Len

Haven't you heard. The future plan has just been through a LEAN Value Stream Analysis. The lineys are binned as the pilot can now do his own servicing. Then write himself up for commendations from the 4 **, 2 *** and 1 **** that command him/her.

Len Ganley
16th Mar 2008, 19:27
Climebear,

and 1 **** that command him/her.

Are you saying that there will be just the one 4-star rank or is this
a description of the man at the top which you are too polite to put into words???:hmm:

MG
17th Mar 2008, 10:37
I used to have one of those for my Action Man! The wings came off and it turned into a speed boat.

Back to the tablets.........