PDA

View Full Version : TAG Weekend movement Appeal granted

Gulf4uk
14th Mar 2008, 20:28
Anounced today that Tag Aviation Farnborough application for Increased weekend movements has been granted
the Full Report is at

http://m.gmgrd.co.uk/sbres/977.$plit/C_67_article_2023866_binaryitems_binaryitemsitem_0_binaryite mitem.pdf

Gulf4uk
14th Mar 2008, 22:27
hi

Thanks the local link was not on there last time i looked . Wonder if they can Appeal or that it now ?

mocoman
15th Mar 2008, 01:35
Good.

As a local resident since my teenage years I hope that any appeal is rejected.

A good day for the field and the area in general.

:ok:

chevvron
15th Mar 2008, 16:21
Having done several stints in Century Range butts as well as shooting on it, I can confirm the final approach track for 24 runs directly overhead, so if you shoot on Stickledown you shouldn't be too bothered. The more distracting noise comes from helicopters following the railway line which is actually behind the 600yd firing point on Century.

pilotbear
15th Mar 2008, 17:27
MikeJenvey

just shoot directly upwards, no need to complain then.:eek:

aviate1138
15th Mar 2008, 18:33
Living just outside the southern ATZ edge I am often amazed at how quiet nearly all Farnborough's flying residents are. The Gulfstreams particularly are hard to hear on what is usually a downwind leg when passing over us just south of the Hog's Back. The noisiest aircraft is a Stearman [but the transonic prop noise is a joy to hear and the Stearman a joy to see!] but that is flown off a strip behind the Hog's Back Brewery.

Seeing as there has been an airfield at Farnborough since the dawn of powered flight I hope the airfield stays open for ages. Nimby's - they must have known there was an airfield there before they moved in!

Weekend slots are welcome AFAIAC. :rolleyes:

chevvron
15th Mar 2008, 19:43
Surely the Chinooks on long final for Odiham are audible? The villagers in Crondall seem to have a lot of say in the matter.

Privatejetbroker
15th Mar 2008, 19:48
the only time when Farnborough is noisy is during the airshow, from the first validation day to the last day of the show, and then its for a good cause :)

roll on FAB airshow 2008

aviate1138
16th Mar 2008, 00:07
Chevvers said....

"Surely the Chinooks on long final for Odiham are audible? The villagers in Crondall seem to have a lot of say in the matter."

Aviate notes that as the Chinooks turn in over Runfold/The Sands the sound has a soft "wokka, wokka" noise. SWMBO is a Wokka fan. Me too. :)

learjet50
17th Mar 2008, 12:40
Its about time Franbourgh was granted extra movemnets at Weekend.Falcons and Gulstreams are now noiser than a Commercial Airliner going to Heathrow/Gatwick.Well done TAG I hope you will be very succesful in getting the Extra traffic you and all the Guys/Gals deserve it. Your a good bunch and your faciltes are first class.See all you guys/gals soon.

Gulf4uk
17th Mar 2008, 22:35
hi

As a Resident of Farnborough i am used to the sight of aircraft of all sorts
flying around these skies . The Fact is they have never really Disturbed me
or any member of my family . We have lived in various parts of the area
the closest being about 2OOYDS from the Perimeter . I Have spoken to many
many people in Farnborough and I can honestly Say I never met anyone who
objects to the noise of Aircraft . Visit the town centre any time Stand where
the buses stop you can see and hear flights landing people ignore them in the
main a few might turn and look children somtimes Wave that's all Far to busy
to take real notice and the Traffic and general noise normally blanks out any sound .
I spend 3 years at the Tech in the Sixty's never disturbed me the flying, all OF My offspring have done so all say the same . one of my Daughters runs A nursery near by the children take no notice unless in the garden then The usual Wave none of the "THEY RUN INDOORS IN TERROR" as said by Some.

Take a look all round the perimeter its alive with new buildings and not all are commercial many hundreds of new Flats and houses are going up and pre sales are well advanced being that close surely the noise is reported to be so bad its making house prices drop. Well it is not in my view but what do i know I have only lived here 60years . Farnborough is Aviation and with TAG now we have an Airfield to be Proud of I Say thanks to TAG For that.
Mention Farnborough anywhere in the world they now Exactly where you are from and what goes on this JULY SBAC show will again prove that visitors from all over . yes for us locals traffic problems but come on we know the area so it disturbs only the resident MOANERS

TONY
Farnborough Resident

mocoman
19th Mar 2008, 01:28
Hear hear Tony.

Having grown up in Farnborough and Cove; left to do the Uni thing and develop a career; then come back and settled in Fleet I have no problem with increased movements, weekend or otherwise.

One of my enduring memories is catching sight of Concorde through trees turning at low level from our back garden in Cove during the Airshow in the early seventies. As an impressionable 9 year old it played a part in shapeing my interest in the industry.

My son did his work experience at Flight Safety a couple of years ago and is now adamant that aviation is his field of choice. (pun intentional :) )

Long may it prosper and develop; and if you want to route rwy 24 northerly outbounds over my house I do not have a problem.

Having lived in Osterley for a period I do not have a problem with tuning out external noise; in fact I notice the M3 traffic noise far more than any LF airborne traffic.

If you don't tolerate noise well; do research and don't move near airfields or motorways; existing or planned. :cool:

Regards

Flintstone
19th Mar 2008, 01:39
My goodness. Sensible neighbours of an airfield.

Whatever next?

Gulf4uk
19th Mar 2008, 09:07
hi

And if the Silent majority were to speak out the real Truth would be known and would show more locals Suffer noise and pollution from local roads A325 A331 M3 Noise and Filth . In Farnborough itself big changes under way new shopping centre and i think this also Raises a point . look at many anti anything committees and it soon becomes aware many names sound Familiar .
I Am not saying nobody is disturbed by Flying or for that matter any new thing but a properly balanced view needs to be taken not a so called residents group who say they have the support of the majority of residents which simply is not the case . No member of my family has been approached on this matter by these groups . I Also doubt the majority know of there existence. lets get back to getting a new and Better Farnborough for all of us and stop these needless and endless Sagas from the Anti Everything brigade

Tony