PDA

View Full Version : CX cadetship questions

craigbell
14th Mar 2008, 11:36
Hi

I am a British graduate of a non aviation related degree. I am interested in applying for the CX cadet programme. I have never had any flying experience but have been keen on doing it for about two years or so.

The reson for not doing some lessons was strictly a financial one, with being a student then having to pay my loans back!

I hold a HKID and a British passport and would be grateful if someone could answer some of my questions. I know there is a lot of info out there but none of it located in a convenient place and such that it pertains to my situation. So I'm sorry if I am asking similar questions to those before me!

1. How seriously am I likely to be taken given that I have no experience?

2. If I were to be employed, would it be as an expat or local terms?

3. What is the salary for expat and locals? Are they significantly different?

4. Housing allowance? Is ther none for locals?

5. The training is 14 months? Do you get paid to train? Does CX provide accommodation?

6. How long does it take to progress within the company, SO JFO etc?

If you have anything else to add I would appreciate it, thanks.

off_off_dim_and_off
14th Mar 2008, 11:56
1. How seriously am I likely to be taken given that I have no experience?

2. If I were to be employed, would it be as an expat or local terms?

3. What is the salary for expat and locals? Are they significantly different?

4. Housing allowance? Is ther none for locals?

5. The training is 14 months? Do you get paid to train? Does CX provide accommodation?

6. How long does it take to progress within the company, SO JFO etc?

1. No experience, no problem. It is motivation and sincerity that counts. Some with CPL can't even get in.

2. local.

3. salary same for expat and locals.

4. No housing for locals. However, a special allowance of $24000 p.m. will be paid to local captains.

5. Food and accommodation will be provided. A small allowance will also be paid.

6. SO to JFO in the time frame of 3-4 years depending on expansion plan and/or individual performance.

otrendycar
14th Mar 2008, 13:50
No flying experience not a problem, CX CPP are supposed open for those who wanna fly without flying background.

so are you native British? Holding HK ID is pillar to joint CX CPP, if you done it, would be easier afterwards.:ok:

craigbell
14th Mar 2008, 14:49
otrendycar: Yes I am native british, but lived in hong kong for a number of years when I was younger. I didn't quite understand your last sentence saying that 'it' would be easier?

off off: Thanks for the info!

Do any of you work for Cathay? In your opinion is it a good company to work for?