PDA

View Full Version : SRTechnics to close MAN

tewkesbury
13th Mar 2008, 20:35
Anounced today, the SRT base at MAN, serving LH,SAS,TURKISH,OLYMPIC, will close in the next couple of months, with the loss of 8 Licenced Engineers. This is the second time SRT have pulled out of Manchester in the last 3 years.:(:(

AEUENG
16th Mar 2008, 06:43
Sorry to hear this news, I hope all of the guys find employment elsewhere. There is always Storm again if nothing else turns up. Good Luck to one and all.

mrcabbage
19th Mar 2008, 15:28
Hmmmm....
Not much interest in this thread is there?
Give it a few months and see how much interest there is when Stansted gets hit shall we?

LOGICAL
21st Mar 2008, 21:33
Who will be looking after easyjet at man, will they open their own line station?

t9sds
4th Apr 2008, 23:07
Easytech I would suspect!

ukeng
6th Apr 2008, 05:51
Aren't Easytech SRT by another name?

morroccomole
7th Apr 2008, 10:55
Not any more. I think easyjet bought out SRT and took over easyTech 100%.

Bus429
7th Apr 2008, 11:17
Morroccomole,

Where have you been? I was at Luton last year doing a bit for Easy.

tewkesbury
27th Apr 2008, 10:25
The latest news from this outpost up North, is that after being served with Compulsary Redundancy notices, giving them 60 days notice, and an average £700 pay off. The engineers, having found alternative employment, gave notice of 30 days to SRT, leaving them with 30 days to cover the remaining contracts with no staff.
The company then said as the engineers in question had put their notice in, they were leaving the company of their own volition and therefor no redundancy pay.
What a nice little company they are, NOT.:D:D:D

Scottie Dog
27th Apr 2008, 10:35
Tewkesbury

Unfortunately that is the way of the business world. SR Technic are perfectly within their rights. I had the same situation myself a few years back. In my case I was fortunate to have a new employer, who was understanding of the situation and was willing to way a little longer for my services.

I know it's a hard world, and it feels all wrong, but that is life.

I am just glad to hear that thet have found employment, and that the dreaded 60 days 'waiting time' has not effectdd them too emotionally.

Scottie Dog

Doug61
28th Apr 2008, 20:52
I heard last week that SRT have offloaded a whole load of contracts and are going to concentrate on easyjet. Not sure if that is all bases.:confused:

rightstuff
29th Apr 2008, 10:08
Hi Bus

How's life treating you???