PDA

View Full Version : Another Eco-Warrior ******* at Heathrow?

Sailor Vee
13th Mar 2008, 17:10
It seems that yet another pillock has breached security at Heathrow and even managed to 'run across a runway in front of an aircraft'. They've carried out a controlled explosion, unfortunately just his bag and not him!!!:*

Does this bode well for the opening of T5 tomorrow?:ooh:

(It seems that the full spelling of part of the title is verboten).

G-CPTN
13th Mar 2008, 17:40
It has been reported that the swift response by the Police is attributable to them being involved in a 'security exercise' in advance of tomorrow's opening by HM the Queen.
That the intruder escaped with his life (or at least without gunshot injuries to his legs) says things to future would-be intruders).
It would be interesting to know what ROE are for the (armed) Police at Heathrow. What's the point of carrying Heckler and Koch SMGs if they don't have access to live rounds and the ability to use them? Do they need a case conference before proceeding?
Or is it merely that these weapons are not effective over long distances? I cannot imagine that the intruder responded to calls to 'stop'.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7294745.stm

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
13th Mar 2008, 17:59
Are you worried about him scaling the fence, or feeling concern about the environment? I can't tell from reading the thread title.

Would it have been ok if a polluter had entered the airport uninvited?

G-CPTN
13th Mar 2008, 18:08
From my point of view, the intrusion is a breach of security which could have had potentially lethal consequences.
I realise that any breach of security (ie non-authorised persons getting airside - or even an authorised but malevolent person), but my point was more to the fact that the Police used less than lethal force in what might have been seen as circumstances to 'justify' it (although perhaps praise is due to the officers in keeping cool heads and responding accordingly?).

Ozzy
13th Mar 2008, 18:21
My guess he would not now be helping police with their enquiries if it had happened at LAX, JFK, BOS, etc.. The UK armed police should have just shot the fecker.

Ozzy

hellsbrink
13th Mar 2008, 18:27
I wonder if he was an illegal immigrant?

Would say a lot about things if them buggahs were now trying to smuggle themselves OUT of the uk..:E

Sailor Vee
13th Mar 2008, 18:35
Are you worried about him scaling the fence, or feeling concern about the environment? I can't tell from reading the thread title.More for the scaling of the fence, but I don't agree with 'concern for the environment' people thinking it's OK to demonstrate this way, if that's what he is. :=

(have you read the GW thread? there's evidence for both pro and anti).

Rather be Gardening
13th Mar 2008, 19:23
I wondered what Swampy was up to lately. Probably ran out of bypasses to protest against.

Lon More
13th Mar 2008, 21:34
I wonder if he was an illegal immigrant

or, worse an illegal Brazilian immigrant,

SP83
13th Mar 2008, 22:28
On hearing the news my first question was why wasn't he shot?
Why do we continue to piss about in this country with our so called security?
I don't care if he is an eco warrior - shoot the sod!
It would certainly act as a deterrent to others considering similar stunts.
Seeing as he is alive perhaps he should have the tab for the cost of the operation and the subsequent delays caused to the airlines and slf!

Richard Taylor
13th Mar 2008, 22:46
Where's Smeato when you need him? :E

rotornut
14th Mar 2008, 00:03
I wonder if he was an illegal immigrant?
No, it was Prince Harry - he wanted to get a front row seat to see his gran open Terminal 5.

Solid Rust Twotter
14th Mar 2008, 06:52
...or, worse an illegal Brazilian immigrant,...

Bit of a close shave then.

CathayBrat
14th Mar 2008, 11:46
Arrest him: Paperwork for the sarge down the nick.

Shoot him: Rabid press calling for "Police thug" blood, HSE gets involved, long inquests wasting time and money, Gordum expressing remorse ( crocadile type ) etc. Can see why they didnt shoot him! To quote a great man "Release the hounds!"

Dan D'air
14th Mar 2008, 11:57
I wonder if he was an illegal immigrant

...or, worse an illegal Brazillian immigrant,...

Bit of a close shave then.

Beauty salons are going to be upset if the Police start doing Brazillians for nothing. (Except for the compo and the cost of the inquiry.)

Curious Pax
14th Mar 2008, 14:49
Accusations flying around in these hallowed forums:

He was an environmental protestor
He might be an illegal immigrant
He looked Asian

God forbid he could be an Asian illegal immigrant protesting about the environment! Shooting on sight would be too good for him!!

Known facts about the man in question:

nothing!!!:rolleyes:

Sailor Vee
14th Mar 2008, 17:12
Reported as a Sri Lankan asylum seeker who only speaks Tamil, who was supposed to be keeping tabs on him? :uhoh: