PDA

View Full Version : Dear John

ORAC
13th Mar 2008, 08:05
:ooh::ooh::ooh:

Sheriff: Woman Sat on Toilet for 2 Years

WICHITA, Kan. (AP) - Deputies say a woman in western Kansas became stuck on her boyfriend's toilet after sitting on it for two years.
Ness County Sheriff Bryan Whipple said it appeared the 35-year-old Ness City woman's skin had grown around the seat. She initially refused emergency medical services but was finally convinced by responders and her boyfriend that she needed to be checked out at a hospital.

"We pried the toilet seat off with a pry bar and the seat went with her to the hospital," Whipple said. "The hospital removed it."

Whipple said investigators planned to present their report Wednesday to the county attorney, who will determine whether any charges should be filed against the woman's 36-year-old boyfriend.

"She was not glued. She was not tied. She was just physically stuck by her body," Whipple said. "It is hard to imagine. ... I still have a hard time imagining it myself."

He told investigators he brought his girlfriend food and water, and asked her every day to come out of the bathroom. "And her reply would be, `Maybe tomorrow,'" Whipple said. "According to him, she did not want to leave the bathroom."

The boyfriend called police on Feb. 27 to report that "there was something wrong with his girlfriend," Whipple said, adding that he never explained why it took him two years to call.

Police found the clothed woman sitting on the toilet, her sweat pants down to her mid-thigh. She was "somewhat disoriented," and her legs looked like they had atrophied, Whipple said. "She said that she didn't need any help, that she was OK and did not want to leave," he said.

She was taken to a hospital in Wichita, about 150 miles southeast of Ness City. Whipple said she has refused to cooperate with medical providers or law enforcement investigators. Authorities said they did not know if she was mentally or physically disabled.

Police have declined to release the couple's names, but the house where authorities say the incident happened is listed in public records as the residence of Kory McFarren. No one answered his home phone number.

The case has been the buzz Ness City, said James Ellis, a neighbor. "I don't think anybody can make any sense out of it," he said.

Ellis said he had known the woman since she was a child but that he had not seen her for at least six years. He said she had a tough childhood after her mother died at a young age and apparently was usually kept inside the house as she grew up. At one time the woman worked for a long-term care facility, he said, but he did not know what kind of work she did there.

"It really doesn't surprise me," Ellis said of the bathroom incident. "What surprises me is somebody wasn't called in a bit earlier."

green granite
13th Mar 2008, 08:12
What did he use I wonder :confused:

landlady
13th Mar 2008, 09:00
She was obviously using a couple of her loo days to have some time off.

This could be the new loo thread.

Well, it's something to go on.

I hope the mods don't wipe it.

Or paper over it.

nosefirsteverytime
13th Mar 2008, 09:16
Hmmm, not really that punnable of a topic.

Smells a bit to me.

All joking aside, I feel sorry for the poor woman, to be`so ill as that.

larssnowpharter
13th Mar 2008, 09:21
Looks like she got a bit bogged down.

ZH875
13th Mar 2008, 09:44
What a crap story.

As long as we don't get a 'framed photograph' of this event.

I wonder how 'large' the lady was to grow around the seat.

Parapunter
13th Mar 2008, 09:45
Punnable?? Well, you don't want to let the arse grow under your feet do you?:uhoh:

landlady
13th Mar 2008, 10:06
I see the icon you used there was a little flush.

They could have brought in the rear guard to help.

Maybe it's a (ball-)cock and bull story.

Still, it was engaging.

Bottom line, is this punnable?

Whirlygig
13th Mar 2008, 13:02
When I first read this, I thought someone was yanking my chain but knowing the high level threads of ORAC's in the past, I guessed it to be genuine; knowing the sources to which he is privvy.

Cheers

Whirls

ShyTorque
13th Mar 2008, 13:08
Lucky she didn't go round the bend. :ooh:

I also wondered if her boyfriend had another bathroom to use..... :}

angels
13th Mar 2008, 13:10
I actually found this story incredibly sad.

Not having a go at the puns or anything, but having come through a bout of mental illness myself recently, I can't help but wonder about the state of this woman's mind (and that of the geezer).

L'aviateur
13th Mar 2008, 14:14
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/03/13/wtoilet113.xml

Must be true if the telegraph have it!

And simplified for Mirror readers:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2008/03/13/woman-spent-two-years-stuck-on-toilet-89520-20349600/

hellsbrink
13th Mar 2008, 14:18
And simplified for Mirror readers:

It's the pic of a toilet seat that gets me. Don't Mirror readers have such luxuries?

L'aviateur
13th Mar 2008, 14:21
It's the pic of a toilet seat that gets me. Don't Mirror readers have such luxuries?

Of course not, hence the description under the photo "TOILET SEAT".

Whirlygig
13th Mar 2008, 14:24
...whereas Torygraph readers need to be reminded what a Victorian high level flush WC chain looks like! However, they do know what "atrophy" means whereas that would obviously be beyond the grasp of a Mirror reader! :rolleyes: Perhaps the Mirror was the sanitised version?

ShyT, your question was answered; yes, they had two bathrooms!

Cheers

Whirls

ShyTorque
13th Mar 2008, 20:57
ShyT, your question was answered; yes, they had two bathrooms!

Oh, thanks - must get these reading glasses re-bored.

Does that make them middle class? :}

Buster Hyman
13th Mar 2008, 21:19
What did he use I wonder
Same one, just goes to show how good his aim was!:}

All these years she's probably thought, "I wonder where my stool went?"

Foss
13th Mar 2008, 21:28
Angels, have to agree with you on this one.
I spent ages and came with many interlocking puns, flight, bread, cake, but, I deleted them.
If it's true, it very sad, not really pun material for me.. Well, I just felt bad about writing stuff about it. If it's true.
Fos

Out Of Trim
13th Mar 2008, 21:31
OMG - How could anyone put up with that situation for two years!

I think that is so sad and must have been jolly uncomfortable too.

Talk about numb bum..:oh:

ShyTorque
13th Mar 2008, 22:31
It is a sad, if not tragic story, but to be honest, I think nothing here will make the slightest bit of difference to her plight as she had already been rescued from her inconvenience.

Pontius Navigator
13th Mar 2008, 22:31
You lot are really piling it on. After all, after two years the world has dropped out of her bottom. All in all I think the press has a lot of cheek doing that story when it would be better used as toilet paper.