PDA

View Full Version : Qantaslink Headsets

Wicked shimmy
13th Mar 2008, 06:30
Do Qantaslink provide pilots with a headset for the Dash 8 or must pilots supply their own?

Hugh Jarse
13th Mar 2008, 08:23
All the Dash 1/2/3's have DC's headsets fitted. The company supply sanitary wipes to clean them with before you use them. Dunno about the 400's.

(We need another 9 before I'll get to even look inside one) :}

A few people have caught bugs from sharing the hard wired headsets. I clean them thoroughly before use and haven't had any problems in 10+ years.

I was going to go out and buy myself an ANC headset, but circumstances have changed and I think I'll hang onto my cash. A couple of blokes I've flown with use them and they get rid of a stack of noise.

WynSock
13th Mar 2008, 08:39
Err, depends. If you work for Sunnies, YOU supply a headset, they maintain it, free of charge, you carry it in your navbag.

Roger Standby
13th Mar 2008, 08:51
A few people have caught bugs from sharing the hard wired headsets

So that 's why you guys don't like wearing them. I thought is was to avoid having ro listen to the G airspace banter.:}

Wicked shimmy
13th Mar 2008, 10:39
Thanks guys, I can go ahead and buy an ANR headset now without feeling like I’m throwing money away.

Icarus53
13th Mar 2008, 11:59
Dunno about the 400's.

Because all the 400s belong to SSA, they don't have headsets fitted. Eastern supply an ANR headset (Senheiser) to 400 pilots for this reason.