PDA

View Full Version : Disappointing BAA staff, again...

C172s
12th Mar 2008, 18:07
The Incident:
I had an incident today which involved a Heathrow BAA Security Guard at a Heathrow/Hatton Cross car park.

I was parked in a Hatton Cross car park waiting for a cousin to show up. My father was in the car with me. I usually park away from cars in general and had done so on this day.

A car, much older than mine, pulled up along side. His bonnet was facing the opposite side so his drivers door was adjacent to mine. He carelessly opened the door and it slammed into mine. He shouted 'sorry no damage' and ran into the building associated with the car park.

The door hit with some force so I immediately decided to have a look despite what he said. Oh dear, there was a dent. I ran into the building and confronted him.

He came outside, had a look, and denied it. The dent was clear, but the shear arrogance of this guy was astounding. It escalated into a shouting match which was going nowhere. He was wearing a green BAA security shirt, and had his clearly marked security tag around his neck. He was not co-operating, so i called the police....The REAL SECURITY OFFICERS. They looked at the damage and determined that it was him, so justice was on my side for a change. The shape of his door was clearly embedded into mine. However still, this representative of BAA security was maintaining his innocence. He gave in due to a warning recieved from the police and we exchanged details...sparingly of course.

My problem is:
This security officer is responsible for our security as crew and passengers alike. In fact, they partly represent our 'Institution' of National Security. I could not believe this so called ' responsible' member of our society could be so irresponsible and lie so convincingly; to deny with a degree of ignorance and arrogance towards the police and myself. What sort of people are these and who do they think they are? What do their selection procedures entail? How far will his dishonesty and sheer stupidity go? :mad::mad::mad:

Think about it.

airborne_artist
12th Mar 2008, 18:20
What do their selection procedures entail? Not much

What sort of people are these and who do they think they are? Not half as as good as they'd like to think, in some cases

How far will his dishonesty and sheer stupidity go? You seem to have the answer :ugh:

Waldo.P
12th Mar 2008, 18:41
Bump into him? as you try and put you shoes back on while getting your laptop back into its bag while other trays and slf file through. That's it! Assault!
Was it a proper dent? or a shopping trolley dent that we all have got by parking right by the front door of Waitrose?

frostbite
12th Mar 2008, 21:11
"What sort of people are these"

Weren't some of them recently found to be illegal immigrants?

merlinxx
12th Mar 2008, 21:32
A true evaluation, how does 'Numpty Pikey' who's 'Gums Bleed every 28 days' do?

I really can't be any more polite right now as I'm practicing my BAA psychometric test for the Director of Customer Dis-service position, so
you lot piss off!!!!!

Parapunter
12th Mar 2008, 21:42
Barrack room lawyers, an olde English traditione...:rolleyes:

In the old days when I Plied my trade at LGW, I got the bird at the airside gate one day as the car pass was faded to the point that it couldn't be read (It could, with a little effort).

I pointed out the obvious...it was your lot's pen that wrote it out.

You can imagine how far that got me.:ugh:

radeng
13th Mar 2008, 09:07
Sunday, March 9, LHR T1, about 1410. Lots of 'No Smoking' signs, and further signs directing people to smoking areas. Various smokers were ignoring the signs, including a BAA security man in his uniform!

Regrettably, no police in sight........

vs69
13th Mar 2008, 11:37
Bunch of mouth breathers the lot of them, though to be fair.... No sorry I have nothing redeeming to say. Any of you who feel this is an unfair generalisation, well you are entitled to your views.....

sitigeltfel
13th Mar 2008, 11:52
I unfortunately encounter a lot of them in my travels and they do seem to be a sad breed of people. This is probably the result of employing uneducated, minimum wage operatives with no hope of promotion or career structure. Take people in this category, give them a uniform and a shiny badge, tell them they have the right to screw up a citizens day and you can understand how the third reich got under way.

A visit to their training school would be interesting, if only to view the machine that sucks the civility, charm and humour from their bodies.

airborne_artist
13th Mar 2008, 12:25
f only to view the machine that sucks the civility, charm and humour from their bodies.

The machine is there alright, but it gets very little use ;)