PDA

View Full Version : Applying to CX After 2 Years Not Flying

poudaduk
12th Mar 2008, 12:50
Hello,

I haven't flown for about two years. My previous experience is Hercules and KC-135s in the airforce. Total time is about 2700 hours. I am currently in the aerospace manufacturing industry.

I made it to the full interview for CX in 2005, however didn't get selected. I think I did OK, however the sim check I boned up.

In todays market, would I be considered if I applied to CX?

Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Flying Mechanic
13th Mar 2008, 22:02
well you can at least apply and who knows u might get a call. If i was you get out the current job and get back in the seat, it will definately make u more employable.
FM

El Lobo Solo
15th Mar 2008, 18:44
I disagree with the flying mech. If you've got a good job on the outside and haven't flown in years, what would drag you back? With the threat of $150 per barrel oil and the state of the industry in flux (again), you are probably doing really well if you've diversified yourself. :ok: Once more, this is not a shot at CX or any other carrier but if you're doing well outside, I don't see what would make you want to come back in to this industry. Any particular reason? What about UK jobs? There must a a number of them there.