View Full Version : Beware...

Semi Rigid
12th Mar 2008, 10:53
...all those numb nuts out there in NZ AUS & the America's who lied about the hours they have in their logbooks to secure a job. The US Forest Service & NAFC & NSWRFS & VRFS etc. are now covering their behinds. A lama & 206 crash in the US last season or the season before {+many more} has lead to a restructure of the background checks for approved pilots & USFS carded pilots. The Authorities are sick of being made to look foolish by the plonka's who frabricate time & time on type to get approved only to end up being an unproductive oxygen thieving menance on the fire front who couldn't hit a barn door with a bucket of wheat or worse, end bending gear & peeps. Insurance is getting darer. Public use aircraft etc etc.
Be warned you frabricating fools. It is as plain as the nose on your face to the 'legitimate dousers' on a fire, if you claim to have 2000hrs when you only have jacksit. Phone calls & tech log checks now mandatory. Go the enforcers.:=

High Nr
12th Mar 2008, 11:08
Wow

Obviously there are no mirrors in your house.

A broad brush attack hardly engenders respect.

:=:=

DECUFAULT
12th Mar 2008, 11:12
A bit harsh, :rolleyes: I'm sure it should include all pilots who...........

Semi Rigid
12th Mar 2008, 11:18
My books are open for inspection. Always have been. Have been audited by the CAA for subsequent ratings. i am not commenting for the sake of gaining respect. I am commenting because I have nearly been T-Boned during a fire by self-promoting igits who are quite simply not as experienced as they say they are.
Has anyone in this chatroom got a problem with the promotion of safety & getting some of the ludicrous rotary insurance premiums down?

BoeingMEL
12th Mar 2008, 11:26
I'm with you on this SR ..... but the checks you describe should have been mandatory from the earliest days of commercial aviation.

Before retirement, this old-timer was frequently involved in seelction and recruitment of fixed-wing (airline) and rotary crews.

Candidates were always warned that log-book entries would be checked for accuracy and any fabricated entry reported to the CAA/FAA. Having learned this, a huge proportion (often over 20%) withdrew their applications.

I continue to believe that the practice of falsifying log-book entries is both widespread and massively under-regulated by national authorities. Cheers, bm:ugh:

The Nr Fairy
12th Mar 2008, 12:15
If it's true, I'd like to see the conversation between the CAA and the pilot (and their chief pilot) who allegedly has 1600 hours in one calendar year in his logbook.

Flingingwings
12th Mar 2008, 16:45
NR,

The 'Man from the Ministry' failed to notice it. :rolleyes:

It became a 'had' rather than a 'has' when the fabrication became public knowledge (on this site). Explanation offered was an error reading numbers between pages :ugh::ugh: :hmm:

FW

S76Heavy
12th Mar 2008, 17:17
But surely, taking the succesful applicants up for a spin should give the company a fair idea about their competence and experience level?
Or do they get hired and immediately go out on their own on their first assignment?

helimutt
12th Mar 2008, 17:32
Speaking to a colleague today, seems some companies do only 'phone interviews' and some want to see a flight with one of their training captains first.
I spent £110k on getting my licence and ratings and i'm not about to fabricate hours/ratings/etc to get a job with the possibility of losing that licence. I hope I will always be hired on my flying ability and attitude to the job, not on my ability to falsify my logbook.

Saying that, I have an OPC/LPC tomorrow which might change my views!!

I'm with SR on this one. Safety is most important.

As to the person mentioned above, I wouldn't put my worst enemy in an a/c with him. Many of us know of his antics. Like saying he has lots of certain a/c type time but gets caught out at interview knowing nothing?? ;)