PDA

View Full Version : First Choice Airlines

mother india
12th Mar 2008, 09:33
Will they be operating their fleet of 767ER during the summer season for the UK to Sandford Florida route or will they continue to operarte the 757-200 as of late?

Due to fly BRS to SFB in August 08 and curious to know due to the in flight entertainment system offered on the 767.

If anyone knows I would appreciate a reply.

Herp
12th Mar 2008, 12:10
The intention would always to operate this route with a 767. I guess that unserviceability has required the use of a 757 over the last week or so.

If you are travelling in Aug 08, expect a 767-300ER with the decent leg-room and the IFE.

Hope this helps. :)

deep_south_gb
12th Mar 2008, 17:20
watch out - you might well get the 767, but we came back from Puerto Plata last Saturday on a Thomson 767 instead, that had 4 across and not 3, and no seat back IFE - just the screens in the aisle....

and no-one can tell me whether that was a "one off", or if FCA and Thomson are going to do this more regularily, now they are one company.

It was interesting that the Thomson inflight magazine had a full page on the new Thomson 787 Dreamliner that they had on order, so I guess that won't be in FCA colours any more!

mother india
12th Mar 2008, 19:03
Many Thanks and hope you are right about the 767!
I see the 757-200 from SFB to BRS was severly delayed today so maybe fleet availability was an issue.

Vasto1M
13th Mar 2008, 11:45
All the long haul ex BRS is due to be operated by FCA 767’s. At the moment from BRS on Monday’s it goes to POP then SFB on Tuesday, though this changes soon. The 767 got ‘stuck’ in POP due to a fuel shortage and was 24hrs delayed returning to BRS so a 757 was used for the Tuesdays BRS-SFB-BRS, not ideal but sure beats 24hrs at a hotel in BRS.

For details of their IFE go to the First Choice site and in the search box type ‘starclass’.

mother india
14th Mar 2008, 17:45
Thanks for the information, will the First Choice flights from BRS to SFB change from a Tuesday to Wednesday?