PDA

View Full Version : Hiring

CONVAIR
25th Jun 2000, 17:20
If anyone is interested in pax flying, Continental Express is hiring over 400 pilots this year. Requirements are: a pilots license (CPL, AMEL)and probably at least 100 MEL. TT can vary depending on experience. Equipment is EMB145/135,EMB120,B1900 or ATR's. Company will have over 300 jets by 2003 and currently receiving about 30 jets a year. Good opportunities for upgrade in 1-3 years.
Resumes are best faxed to 713-324-5940 with the code VPXXXXUXX ON THE TOP. Good place to work with flying from Canada to Mexico. Just something to consider for an option.

ironbutt57
28th Jun 2000, 16:08
send resumes attn george wemak chief dunny cleaner

CONVAIR
29th Jun 2000, 05:27
Hey Iron butt: Shudn't u b in the sandbox?
Robinson came by yesterday so hope he gets lucky.

Drop a line sometime!

atanu gt
30th Jun 2000, 00:15
i am an indian military pilot, 31 yrs about 3000 hrs total time on dornier 228 aircrafts with a faa licence, looking for a flying job in usa or canada .any help most welcome

ironbutt57
30th Jun 2000, 16:38
I am in the sandbox..or the eu depending on the rostering folks...anyway lucky it will have to be...how's the jungle/taco-jet? bye bye

Victor Bravo
4th Jul 2000, 04:01
Anyone got any idea if/when the US immigration dept. will make 'greencards' more obtainable for overseas pilots?

Obviously the shortage must be fairly desperate if companies are posting those sort of minimums for regional aircraft!

ironbutt57
4th Jul 2000, 19:04
these minimums are not any lower than lots of sponsored cadets have when they operate 737's and a-320's in the E.U. so it would seem that a proper ab-initio system should be set up in america...lots of candidates to choose from but where do they then get capts 2 years later when they need them? bigger paychecks would keep the pilots around but the beancounters can't figure this out...

CONVAIR
4th Jul 2000, 19:13
Remember that these times are "minimums" which means that alot of people have more than that! Continental has over 19000 (yes that is the right amount of zeros) on file and COEX has a substantial amount. There is no pilot "shortage", at the national airlines and up, but there is one at the bottom where the CFI's are. We have a substantial number of "foreign" pilots who have married or otherwise recieved residency or sponsored by relatives already living here. In any case, it was what the person knows and how he handles him/herself not the hours of experience. Cheers!

lifevest
16th Jul 2000, 00:13
I heard that Coex recently hired a swiss pilot who did his training in the US.
No greencard from his side as far i know.

BA41
20th Jul 2000, 23:37
I hope no airline in the US is sponsoring any EU pilots here and that no immigration policies change to allow it. As long as the EU remains tightly closed to Americans of nearly all professions, they can keep their few tightly guarded jobs and we'll just keep our great job market available for the many young Americans who are hoping to find jobs as pilots. From seeing all the young future pilots coming through at our universities, there really are no shortages of American pilots here. The main reason for shortages here seem to be companies' unwillingness to increase pay. I fly with a lot of foreign F/O's and they are all nice. However, I believe in reciprocity. As long as Europeans fight to keep Americans out of their job markets, I will fight to keep them out of mine. Maybe soon Americans will be able to get great airline jobs with higher pay with minimal experience as they do in the EU.

putco
23rd Jul 2000, 10:15
What about South African Pilots with experience and licenses getting jobs in the States? How do we go about doing that?

CONVAIR
23rd Jul 2000, 16:31
Here are the facts regarding employment of non citizens in the US of A. 1. To be employed you must be a resident alien i.e. "Green Card" or win the immigration lottery that is drawn every year. To get those, you must marry someone (hopefully a nice person)or be sponsored by a close family member. 2. The only sponsorship available is from flight schools so that you may get experience as an instructor etc but this is usually only for a year. 3. Airlines are not sponsoring anyone since there are enough pilots and they government wouldn't let them anyway. The hi tech companies are fighting hard at this moment to import labor since they claim a lack of talent. So far the government has not approved.
At our airline, we have people from all over the world but they have residency cards when they apply.

ironbutt57
23rd Jul 2000, 17:52
hey convair, don't you ever work? you're as bad as me!!! goodbye beer for robinson on thursday, be there or be square..when you coming to ebbr for a beer?

"You can't make me do that it's not legal"

:) :) :) :)

britavia
23rd Jul 2000, 23:42
CONVAIR and others,

You don't always need to actually hold a "Greencard" before being employed by an airline. Some regionals and cargo operators only require prove of employment status, such as an H1b visa or an EAD (given prior to greencard status). Where they say they do, it's a company policy, not an INS requirement.

putco
24th Jul 2000, 17:52
Hey Britavia - how do guys go about those visas then? Do we need a firm job offer first? What companies are happy to do that?