PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Twin MPP crash 2007.

mickjoebill
11th Mar 2008, 22:46
Diamond twin MPP

OE-FCD c/n 42.0 Built in 2004. Sadly crashed in Romania on 24-September-2007

Any info or reports available regarding this incident?

This is one of the few references on the net....http://www.ebanmagazine.com/mag_story.html?ident=9058

Mickjoebill

Jetscream 32
12th Mar 2008, 00:35
as in any mountainous terrain, you need to be be very current and very aware of the local topographic effects..... most probably just a very unfortunate accident, that maybe shouldnt have happened..... but hey i wasnt there............ shame...!!! heavy weight, limited power - down draught - lee wind???

mickjoebill
12th Mar 2008, 08:13
as in any mountainous terrain, you need to be be very current and very aware of the local topographic effects..... most probably just a very unfortunate accident, that maybe shouldnt have happened..... but hey i wasnt there............ shame...!!! heavy weight, limited power - down draught - lee wind???

Pilot was the company "test" pilot, with '000s of hours, aircraft was the demonstrator built in 2004.
Rumours of a problem with loss of power to an engine, this combined with rugged terrain, three POB and radar payload conspired to make return to base impossible??

Mickjoebill

richatom
12th Mar 2008, 16:09
I was at the factory a few weeks after it happened and heard that they may have had power loss in one engine and got trapped flying the wrong way up a box canyon. Nobody was sure - they were just speculating. Folk were upset and understandably reluctant to talk too much about it so I did not press for further detail.