PDA

View Full Version : PacBlue crew allowance

Damon13
11th Mar 2008, 22:29
Hi guys

Just a question...How much of your allowance would you usually spend on an overnighter? I think PacBlue give you $4.20 per hour you are away so if you are away for 24 hours that would be around $100. I cant imagine you would spend that overnight! But I guess you have to pay for your own meals? Is there anything else that would eat up your allowance? Im stressing a bit cos $26000 base per year doesnt sound alot after earning $50k. Im guessing if I average 7 -8 trips per month the I could save quite a bit and then transition wont be so bad!

Any info?

Thanks

sebby
12th Mar 2008, 03:42
Bare in mind it is tax free and also paid when you dont do overnights aswell so a day trip can be worth $20-$45 dependant on the hours worked on top of your overnight allowances.

It really can add up nicely and on paper your fortnight salary will be similar to that of someone who is earning 50k as a large chunk of your salary is tax free.

Overnight spending can vary, I find if I have an away pattern of all early starts I spend less as im not out drinking and I really only need dinner after getting in that afternoon and breakfast is usually available onboard.

I dont work for Pac Blue, but a similar company with similar patterns and pay structure.

Damon13
12th Mar 2008, 05:03
Thanks mate at least that gives me an idea!