PDA

View Full Version : Oxford aviation PPL pc tuition

Leeds1972
11th Mar 2008, 20:13
Just started my PPL theory and stumbled upon the Oxford ppl pc tuition disk for £149 covering all the subjects. I've look at a few demos and seem very impressive, has anyone had any experience of these? Was thinking about purchasing them instead of the books?
Also can anyone give views on the Jeremy platt books vs Thom books? Got one platt book but heard that Thom books cut to the chase a bit more.
Thanks to everyone who takes time out to reply.:ok:

preduk
11th Mar 2008, 20:35
Someone told me they were a "waste of money" and that the books were just as good.

Adios
11th Mar 2008, 20:41
Oxford has a new set of PPL books out as well, but I don't know how they compare to the Trevor Tom ones.

roll_over
11th Mar 2008, 20:43
They are pretty useful. I watch the CDs make some notes and have a go at the confuser and I have been getting over 90%. Much quicker and more interesting than reading through 200 pages

Hyph
11th Mar 2008, 22:57
Oxford has a new set of PPL books out as well, but I don't know how they compare to the Trevor Tom ones.

FWIW I think the Oxford PPL books overdo the material for PPL studies. However, this might well be beneficial if you plan on going on to ATPL studies. In my opinon, the Trevor Thom books are more succinct.