PDA

View Full Version : Freelance!

BizJetJockey
11th Mar 2008, 19:14
Anyone know of any private or commercial operators that might be able to offer some freelance work on a citation? Encore rating so fairly flexible with the type of citation...Bravo etc.

kitekruncher
11th Mar 2008, 19:19
Dare one suggest 247??? Ads are in Flight...

BizJetJockey
11th Mar 2008, 19:20
Do you know what their pay is like for an F/O? Hmm 24/7...how i love being woken up at 3AM!

kitekruncher
11th Mar 2008, 19:23
I thought the idea of being freelance is to set your own rate, within reason...

BizJetJockey
11th Mar 2008, 19:26
Yeah within reason i guess...i'm new to freelancing so haven't really thought about how much i'm worth! I'd say i'm quite reasonable although i don't think a prospective employer would agree to how much i think i'm really worth! :E

Kazakhstan
8th Apr 2008, 12:25
Hi Guys,

I have been freelancing for just over a year now on the XL & XLS, and let me tell you it is hard work. I have worked with a few of the big operators in Europe and have now decided to settle down to a perm contract.

The best thing to do is to constantly email and keep in touch with various operators, you never know might get lucky when one of their FO's goes on holiday and they are short.

Keep looking at Flight Global / Flight international magazine.

The other thing to do is try applying to some agencies. One I can recommend is called Expedite Aviation.

Hope this helps.

jetopa
8th Apr 2008, 13:36
Please, guys, don't sell yourself for too little money! Dumping prices on the free-lance market erodes the profitability for us all. Thank you.:ok:

er340790
8th Apr 2008, 13:53
Buy a pilot for what he's worth.

Sell him for what he thinks he's worth.;)

roljoe
8th Apr 2008, 15:55
You can try with "Flying group" based paris, antwerp, cannes
just google it, and you'l get the details..