PDA

View Full Version : BA Micropat and selection process

k9992511
11th Mar 2008, 13:20
Hi,

I am currently a 146 pilot and have an interview next week with BA. I have the cockpitweb software to practice the Micropat tests. But a couple of questions:

1) I have done this selection before but cannot remember one thing about micropat. On the Radar screen test does the actual radar remain on while the instructions are being given? On the cocpitweb software the radar ring disappears making the n e s w ne nw se sw test very hard. Im sure i remember on micropat the rings stay on screen. Can anyone else remember?

2) Has anyone been to the interview recently and can give me any fresh tips on any aspect, such as what the group excercises are like?

Thanks and hapy flying

n90bar
11th Mar 2008, 17:52
Hiya -

I went down to Cranebank last month for the SSP selection, which I believe day 1 is identical to DEP.

The radar rings do indeed stay on the screen, however BA give you instructions that you are not to touch the screen, or indeed use a pen etc to work out the position you are at. I personally found BA's much harder than cockpitwebs - purely because the cross that cockpitweb use iss different to BA's and doesnt help you in pinpointing your exact location. I wouldnt worry to much about it - I got half of the radar one's wrong on the day and have still been invited back for the sim check.

As for your second question - the group exercise I felt was the most enjoyable. Just be yourself, dont dominate and dont be too quiet either. Make plenty of eye contact to your peers and use first names etc. If you feel some1 in the group is being quiet ask for their opinion etc.

Interview I felt was reasonably laid back - plenty of give us an example when..... etc etc. Few on the company too so have an idea what the hot topics are.