View Full Version : Man sues M&S for 300K over grape

Sallyann1234
11th Mar 2008, 11:26
You couldn't make it up!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7289051.stm

tony draper
11th Mar 2008, 11:35
You certainly couldn't make this up.
http://www.ryeandbattleobserver.co.uk/latest-london-news/Illegal-immigrants-disappear-after-being.3863447.jp
:uhoh:

Krystal n chips
11th Mar 2008, 12:04
"Who is representing himself".......sort of says it all really :E :D

On the other hand, this, erm, tragic event.....coughs....does add a whole new meaning to the term "due diligence"....:p

Tigs2
11th Mar 2008, 12:27
He said a piece of fruit found on his shoe after the fall could have been picked up inside the store or car park.

Or as M&S will argue, On his way to the shop, in his house, in his car etc etc. This loser is about to lose soooooooooo much money in costs when the case is awarded to M&S, he will not know what has hit him. Perhaps the fall also led to insanity as well. If he wins, I will trample on a bunch of grapes next week, then off to Harrods! Perhaps I could stick my foot through a watermelon and go for a really big claim!

Worrals in the wilds
12th Mar 2008, 15:02
Perhaps I could stick my foot through a watermelon and go for a really big claim!
My pet barrister was involved in a compensation claim some years ago, where a woman sued Woolworths for damages after allegedly slipping on a banana peel.

Unfortunately for her, Woolies produced excellent CCTV footage of the incident, clear enough to show her placing the banana peel on the floor, looking around to check no-one was watching, carefully stepping on it, then falling to the ground with a "my leg, my leg!!!" performance worthy of Cate Blanchett :hmm:

Needless to say, after viewing said tapes she decided not to continue proceedings, apparently all persons at the viewing were laughing fit to burst at the look on her face!

The Woolies rep said at the time that negating spurious compo claims was one of the prime uses of their CCTV footage, apparently there's many a Professional Claim Scammer about these days...

eticket
12th Mar 2008, 15:06
I don't think he's got a leg to stand on.

Well someone was going to say it!

Jay.Walker.DUS
12th Mar 2008, 15:18
I belive his right to consume oxygen should be permanently revoked, but then I am one for drastic measures when it comes to feckwits.

Carry0nLuggage
12th Mar 2008, 15:30
You've got a barrister for your pet? That is posh! :ok:

dollydaydream
12th Mar 2008, 15:44
But this is not just any grape ........................it's an M&S grape:ok:

tony draper
12th Mar 2008, 16:37
That bloke up here who was suing Ladbrokes because he lost two million quid claiming they owed him a duty of care and should not have taken his bets because he was a compulsive gambler has lost his case.
Silly buggah
:rolleyes:

CUNIM
12th Mar 2008, 16:45
Well it is a grape gripe after all

ford cortina
12th Mar 2008, 16:56
Yea he lost what a fool, but then again what a gamble!!!! If he'd won:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

bar fly
12th Mar 2008, 17:05
Apparently this guy also has suffered deep depression after the story was posted on an aviation website where he had the piss taken out of him.

That's what I heard on the grape vine anyway.

Krystal n chips
12th Mar 2008, 17:39
I just hope he won't be trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored if he looses then........sorreeee ! :E:)

green granite
12th Mar 2008, 18:55
He lost.

The judge said he had concluded there was some sort of crushed fruit or similar on the underside of Mr Martin-Sklan's right sandal.
But, he was "not persuaded" the substance in the "void" of the sandal caused the claimant to slip.
Mr Martin-Sklan has to pay around 15,000 towards Marks and Spencer's costs and given 28 days to pay an interim sum of 7,500.

ZH875
12th Mar 2008, 21:34
He lost, I'll bet that made him whine...

Fanfare for common sense.

Sallyann1234
12th Mar 2008, 21:45
Yes, just for once the law wasn't an ass...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7292657.stm

1DC
12th Mar 2008, 22:15
An ambulance worker somewhere around here is suing a couple in their eighties for compo.He says he was dazzled when their security light came on and this caused him to hurt his leg.........