PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair

Mr Quite Happy
11th Mar 2008, 11:06
OK, this has bugged me for yonks.

When a ryanair flighjt is not full, the CC block off serveral rows of seating normally at the front IIRC.

My question is never really answered properly by CC so obviously my antenna tell me it is a safety related issue but I can't think of any, the only thing I can think of is centralised Pax nearer the wings make for better fuel efficiency?

Come on guys, could someone PLEASE tell me why the seats are blocked off?

Kindly yours,
Mr QH - escapee from SLF forum...

Cinek
11th Mar 2008, 12:20
Hi there
The official answer is...when there is less than 177 we block row 3,4 as all or almost all check-in luggage is in front hold, so havin 12 empty seats at the front balanced the A/c for take off n landing (to be honest its only nessesary in 1/100 occasions)
If there is less than 132 pax we should block first 6 and last 4 rows for the same reason but don't have to - its up to the dispatcher and take-off trim on a loadsheet.

Hope it answered your question;)

Mr Quite Happy
11th Mar 2008, 12:31
Thanks Cinek, much appreciated.

Ist good to hear from someone that knows his stuff. Can I ask WHY only Ryanair do it? Or am I wrong and ist more common than that and I just never noticed?

Cinek
11th Mar 2008, 12:49
I think this is becouse FR 25 mins turnaround. Its much quicker and cheaper to put all the bags just into front hold rather than into front and the rear. You know - every little helps, if they can save 1p on something they'll do it:}

Mr Quite Happy
11th Mar 2008, 13:33
nowt wrong wid that lad...

Kanoknuahaha
13th Mar 2008, 07:13
Wizz Air also has this policy ...

AmyW47
13th Mar 2008, 11:01
In the study pack we learn it as blocking the seats off evens the weight of the plane out more