PDA

View Full Version : Experience Levels

BalusKaptan
10th Mar 2008, 16:24
Last few days briefly spoke with a couple of young Ladies from NZ. Ex Beech 1900 who scored a contract FO slots with Air India in Mumbai on 777. Good luck to them but no wonder the likes of REX and others cannot get/retain aircrew with jobs such as these on offer.

Jabawocky
10th Mar 2008, 22:32
But have a second thought about what they are doing where and for how much........Wagga Wagga and a turbo prop still sound appealing over Mumbai and a 777.

I think:confused:

J

Aeroplane Jelly
11th Mar 2008, 02:51
totally agree with ya there Jabawocky

i too would rather fly regional than go all the way over to mumbai just to fly some 777's

that's just me talking because I love regional australia but I reckon most people would prefer working for a company like REX with the possibility of going onto bigger things in Australia than to throw it away and work in mumbai.

On Guard
11th Mar 2008, 03:26
777 all the way. Tough contract I hear and difficult culturally but opens a LOT of doors a few years down the track especially as F/O. S/O different story.

Good on them, take your opportunites and ride the wave I say. 5 years from now things could be very different again.

nike
11th Mar 2008, 03:27
Throw it away? Hardly a huge pile to throw.

In the current climate, one could try one's hand, take a punt or whatever, and if it doesn't suit, 'come back'.

Flyingblind
11th Mar 2008, 09:12
Me...777, no contest, with over a thousand ordered its going to be around a long time.

Rex and their Saab's.........i wouldn't hold your breath.