PDA

View Full Version : Cathy Pacific First - LHR to HKG

Mr Quite Happy
10th Mar 2008, 13:18
Hi Guys,

Due to reasons beyond my control I have to book with Cathy Pacific to get a ticket for the Hong Kong 7's so I am flying out on CX250 on a "new 747" and returning on CX255.

I've never flown Cathy before and have dug deep to fly F class. (FYI at time of booking and incl rugby tickets, Econ was GBP 1,780, C/D was GBP3,790 and F is GBP4,780). I figured 2.5 times economy to fly F was a good deal and as I'm going for only 5 days it seemed smart. Plus, of course, economy will be heaving with burly rugby blokes squeezed into their seats.

I've only ever flown F with Lufty and Singapore before so my question is:

What can I do the maximise my experience? Which side of the plane should I sit on for HKG arrival, what can I pre-book (meals? courtesy limo? brand of pyjamas? etc).

The booking has been made via a recommended travel agent and it took them 2 days to get a price for F so I do not anticipate any facts before I get to check in, hence my question to you..

Lastly, I'm told by one colleague that Cathy is awful ("Shocking for a business class. Bad sandwiches tight drinks and no mags! ") and from another that thought they were superior to Singapore..

Thanks

G

christep
13th Mar 2008, 09:51
It doesn't matter which side you sit on - the pollution in Hong Kong is so bad these days that you won't be able to see anything anyway.

You can't pre-book anything except possibly a limo service; your travel agent should know how to do that. You all get the same PJs and menu.

Mr Quite Happy
13th Mar 2008, 09:54
Thanks Christep,

Its looking more and more like this. I know that some airlines throw in limo's etc with 1st class bookings, I take it this is something that CX don't do? As I said, the travel agent is useless.

G