PDA

View Full Version : Faa CPL/IR

windspeed
7th Jun 2001, 19:38
Hi all

Just looking for a bit of info if possible.
I currently hold an FAA/JAA PPL/IMC rating
180hrs total 90P1 and I am looking to gain an FAA CPL/IR sometime early next year in the states. I don't mind which part of the states
I go to, I am looking for a ball park price
to get my CPL/IR bearing in mind the flying experience I have already obtained. I have passed my CPL theory and should have passed my IR theory before I go. Any info greatly appreciated.

a330
13th Jun 2001, 03:32
why do u need faa cpl i/r for ? since u can get jaa .. i think u should know the requirements u need for a job where ever you're at ..

my advise ... go cx out the requirements b4 u go do it ... save your $$$

cheers,
a330 :)

------------------
a330 :)

JJflyer
13th Jun 2001, 13:27
Why FAA CPL ?

For the simple reason that it makes it easier to build time in US, especially if one should be interested in obtaining a CFI,CFII and MEI ratings.

Once you have all the JAA licences it is fairly simple to get FAA certification on basis of your exsisting qualifications.
Time building opportinities in Europe are somewhat limited compared to the available positions in USA. Also more and more schools are able to provide Visas for a person with right qualifications.

a330 Ever flown in US ???? from your ansewer I would have to say that you have not.

JJ

JJflyer
13th Jun 2001, 13:42
Oh answering the original question.

FAR book and part 61 explains all the requirments, both practical and theoretical, to obtain a FAA CPL with Instrument rating. Also same pt 61 explains what you need to get credit from your exsisting licence towards FAA licences.

A good way is to consult a coule of schools in US and compare their answers. Try to find someone who has worked in US as CFI and has experience on this type of matters.

JJ

cavu
14th Jun 2001, 01:22
My best advice is that you not allow price to be the primary factor when making this decision. Far better to pay for good training now than failure in the future. I would recommend you look into Pan Am Aviation Academy in Florida. They have both FAA and JAA programs and would be better placed to assist you in a license conversion.
Go to www.panamacademy.com (http://www.panamacademy.com)

Best of luck