PDA

View Full Version : Job in China

xueki
10th Mar 2008, 07:06
Hey,guys.I am now holding commercial license, total flight time is 676hours. Do I have any chances to work in China,because my girlfriend is in China.
Thank you.

SusanLi
10th Mar 2008, 07:41
Hello, Xueki.

I'm Susan from Shanghai/ China and glad to share some information to you. It's disappointed that most of Mainland airlines recruit pilots from aviation universitis. If someone gonna be pilot, before he graduate from senior high school, he must attend interview of airlines and only those who get confirmation letter from airlines can apply for aviation universities and take the enterance exam. and this couple of years as the shortage of pilots has been more and more seriously, airlines also give opportunity to some sophomores who aren't studying in aviation universities, if these guys wanna be pilots they are supposed to attend airlines interview and get pre-offer, then transfer to study in appointed aviation college, after graduation their pre-offer will be changed into formal one automatically. Yeh, they only give opportunity either students in Grade 12 in senior high school or sophomores.

I ever heard there are several foreign pilots working for Shenzhen airlines and China airlines but i didn't browse the recruit announcement on their website just now. Maybe you'll wait for months.

Above all is only for your reference, of couse you can ask your girlfriend to glimpse airlines website in order to get updated information.

Hope you get offer in China very soon.

:)

Susan

Anonymus6
10th Mar 2008, 19:46
Sorry to be so negative, but with your time you don't have a chance for an airline job in China, unless you are a citizen of the country. First of all the airlines that are owned by the states are required to hire chines first officers, captains can be expats. Private airlines hire foreign copilots with time greater than 3000+ with more than 500 turboprop and jet time.

Your only option as an expat is to become an instructor and get a job.

Good luck.

xueki
11th Mar 2008, 04:49
Do you know any chances to become flight instructor in China?do they offer good salary.I need some help.I know that my time is not enough, what about flight instructor, I have the license.Thanks.

xueki
17th Mar 2008, 03:46
Does anyone hear that Shenzhen Kunpeng International Flight Academy? I heard that this school was now recruiting instructors.
Can anyone supply me some information about this school or how to contact them?
Thank you.

rwong2005
17th Mar 2008, 22:47
1. http://www.jtfa.cn or http://www.jtfa.cn/en
base in Qing Dao, China, Shandong Provice

2. Beijing Pan Am International Academy

base in .. well several places, headquarter right now is in Baotou, Inner Mongolia

www.panamaviation.com
phone, 86-472-6997344

3.KunPeng Flight academy base in GuangXi
they don't have a website yet and they are hiring though an agency

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3804635#post3804635

you will find out what you need under South Asia and the far East Forum

The salary is between 2000-3000 U.S per month, depends on what license you have

Good Luck

LETSGOEFLY
18th Mar 2008, 03:12
I think I know her... does she have black hair and dark eyes? :ok:

LarryDCableGuy
18th Mar 2008, 03:20
Susan Li,

What did you say?

skyryder
18th Mar 2008, 03:36
Do you have a CFI, CFII?

xueki
19th Mar 2008, 07:44
Yes,I have CFI and CFII. I hear that Kunpeng acadmey is a new academy.Maybe it is developing.
Can anyone tell me the contact information?
Thanks a lot.

The_Flyin_Kiwi
21st Oct 2008, 12:40
Xueki, If you want to find out the goss on the flight schools in China do a search by name here on PPRUNE. There is a wealth of information in threads and posts here.

Just for your info though about getting the Chinese licence to instruct in China.

You will need to do both commercial and instrument written exams of the CAAC. These are based on the FAA question banks but have some rather confusing "Chinglish questions". 80% is requirement to pass the exams. the majority of people do not pass the first time and there is a 30 days wait period to resit.

You will also need to pass the instructor written. This is basically the same question bank as the FAA flight instructor written test.

Once you have done the instructor test then you need to do the ICAO english test and pass to ICAO level 4. If you have done this test before it does not matter. The CAAC will make you do it again.

Once you have passed these exams you will them need to do one or maybe even two flight tests for commercial instrument and instructor. You then wait to get your temporary Chinese licence and then you wait at least another 90 days to get the actual licence.

I hope you have time on your hands because this whole process could take you 5 - 6 months or more.

Just a word of warning .... dont think you can come to China and build loads of hours in a shorttime and then go straight into an airline ... it certainly dont work like that so dont let flight schools BS you into promising you an airline job if you instruct for them.

Like I said, do yur home work on PPRUNE. there are plenty of posts and threads by those who have been there.