PDA

View Full Version : EASA part 66 in France

AME343
10th Mar 2008, 00:28
Hi all,

I'm a Canadian licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer and I am looking to write, or a least start writing my EASA part 66 B1 licence. I will be in Paris France for a period of 6 months and I am wondering which authority I have to contact over there and if it's possible to write all the exams in France.

I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

Fargoo
10th Mar 2008, 06:02
Try here first

http://www.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/

I haven't any experience of sitting the exams in France but here in the uk exam slots are very hard to get and there are several months waiting lists.
You really need to plan which modules to sit and get dates booked for them before your visit.
It is possible to sit and pass all the B1 exams in 6 months so long as you spend a long time doing in depth study beforehand.
Good luck and let us know how you get on :ok:

stankou
10th Mar 2008, 21:07
Hello

what do you want exactly? To join a Part 147 technical school and pass your exam or beeing "free student" at home and just pass your exam at school?

AME343
11th Mar 2008, 11:48
Thanks Fargoo!

I will be on a 6 months work assignment, so I won't do the part 147 schooling. I don't intend to write all the exams in the 6 months, but at least get my feet wet and try and write at least 6 exams.

Thanks

fqis
12th Mar 2008, 17:28
Hi ,
exams in france are conducted by approved part147 schools only , no sitting at french dgca or alike , you can google some schools and contact them , they will provide study books and schedule for examinations , then its up to you to choose wich modules you like to sit in for .
hope that this will help .
Good Luck