PDA

View Full Version : ATPL books which is better Bristol or Oxford

wire12
9th Mar 2008, 20:38
Hello,

Any one know which books are better for the atpl's, the bristol or oxford books. I pefer books that go into great detail like the terver tom books for the ppl. When I done the ppl I had the jermit prets books and tever toms books. I found the terver toms books where a lot better, they go into the subject in much better detail, they go a little further than what's required for the ppl exams.

Any one have any ideas on the atpl books, which is better for understanding the subject and go into detail, I would pefer books than go beyond what is required so it's not as hard when i have to sit the exams, thanks.

mcgoo
9th Mar 2008, 20:51
I doubt you will find anyone who has used both, maybe visit the schools and decide for yourself.

bajadj
9th Mar 2008, 21:00
don't know about bristol books (although the bristol question bank is brilliant).

Oxford books go into loads and loads and loads of detail!!! If detail is your thing then you will love the oxford books. You cross out an awful lot of it as it's completely and utterly irrelevent to the exams, but my god do they go into detail. If i were to go through my met and electrics books, there is more with a line through it than not!

happy reading!

jiffajaffa
9th Mar 2008, 22:17
Done my exams through Bristol, excellent support which is the most important thing and when you feel your stuck in a rut the boys and girls at Bristol are excellent and all the answers are only a phone call away! You get the 2 week brushup course before the exams which is top notch, the books are backed up by the interactive cdrom which covers the whole course as well and as for the question bank well it speaks for itself!

Whatever path you choose enjoy the reading!

:ok: