PDA

View Full Version : Air Mauritius

ippmatc
9th Mar 2008, 19:59
Am flying with Air Mauritius London-Mauritius with Airbus and wonder if Air Mauritius is an ok airline?

angels
10th Mar 2008, 11:43
My brother-in-law is Mauritian and he reckons they're fine -- and I don't think this is pure patriotism here.

He flies between the UK and Mauritius some 2-3 times a year with either BA or Air Mauritius, depending on who is cheapest at the time, and I've never heard him moan about either carrier.

I've never travelled with them.

Andy_S
10th Mar 2008, 11:53
Try checking out the Airline Quality website:

http://www.airlinequality.com/Airlines/MK.htm

Air Mauritius are given a 3 star rating out of a maximum 5. Plenty of customer feedback - not all of it good, but I guess it depends what you consider important when you fly with a particular carrier.

ippmatc
10th Mar 2008, 14:43
Well, as I am afraid of flying I totally donīt care about luggage issues ;) All I care about is that they are pretty serious about safety and stuff.

Andy_S
10th Mar 2008, 15:33
On that basis, I don't believe you have anything to worry about. Most of the comments appear to relate to service issues - meals, in-flight entertainment etc. I've never flown them myself, but as far as I'm aware they are a professionally run airline with modern well maintained aircraft.

JEM60
13th Mar 2008, 06:37
ALL Airlines flying out of Heathrow have a good safety record, otherwise they would not be allowed to fly here. You have no need to worry. Make sure you do your seat belt up on the aircraft coach. You are much more likely to have an accident in that than in a modern airliner.

lazycat
13th Mar 2008, 17:51
Hi, this is my first post. I flew with them to Mauritius from CDG last year and found them to be good. I prefered the Air Mauritius A340 to the Air France 747 that we flew back on. ( The side of the seat oppsoite me was held on by tape and finally fell off as we started our descent)
I believe that they only took delivery of the 340s they fly out of London in 2006 so they are brand new planes. Their maintenance standards are approved by the European Aviation Safety Agency.
:ok: