PDA

View Full Version : One keen Aussie

mali
17th Nov 2000, 06:23
Knowing that the industry is moving worldwide now and the opportunities are increasing by the day, what is the chances of an Aussie being sponsored by a company in order to legally work in the US?? My TT is 3300hrs, 3100 Command and 1500 multi total of which 500 is Command on the Kingair 200.
Am very keen to get something in the States and have heard rumours recently of people slipping through with sponsorship from companies.
Any help, contacts etc would be greatly appreciated.
Oh and I have a FAA ATP.
Thanks in Advance.

F111
17th Nov 2000, 14:54
Make that two keen Aussies. My TT 4500,4000 hours command, 3300 multi-engine of which 1800 hours are turboprop hours on the EMB110 and the Beech 1900.
So whats the go, are there sponsorships?

Manwell
17th Nov 2000, 16:23
Make that three!

Or just give us all a go and we'll let the CASA have their way, safe skies, no fly's.

Check 6
17th Nov 2000, 17:15
Right now, there are not any sponsorships going on worth looking at. The FAA ATP gets over the first hurdle. The second hurdle is getting a "green card", which is an Immigration Visa for residency. There are various categories. The sponsorships I have heard of are for flight instructing only, but the pay tends to be very low unfortunately. Conduct a search on this forum for your question for more extensive details. There have been many lengthy discussions regarding this same issue. The main sponsorships allowed by our immigration service are for high technology folks in the computer industry. The easiest way to get residency with the right to work is by marrying an American. Good luck.

Check 6

------------------
Kick the tires, light the fires, first off is lead, brief on guard.

Arthur Daley
19th Nov 2000, 06:04
Either that or marry a nurse as they are at the top of the list for Green Cards!!

------------------
Purveyor of fine motors

weasil
21st Nov 2000, 03:47
With the kind of experience you guys have you should write to Human Resource depts and find out from the horse's mouth. The rules and companies willingness to sponsor changes almost daily over here now as the pilot shortage grows.

I have heard of several airlines sponsoring Canadians already. Horizon, United are two that I have heard of. This is a recent development. Congress recently approved extra H visas for companies to issue. You really should contact some companies over here and see what they say.

If you need any ideas for airlines to contact reply to this post.

ANother consideration is applying to charter and freight companies (FAA Part 135 operators)who are even more desperate then others because everyone goes straight to the regionals if they can. www.ameriflight.com (http://www.ameriflight.com) is one I have in mind.

------------------
Weasil

[This message has been edited by weasil (edited 20 November 2000).]

F111
21st Nov 2000, 11:40
Thank for the replies guys. We don't want to jump in and take jobs from under you, but after spending 3 weeks at Flight Safety at New York and talking to a few pilots there it appears that there is a shortage of pilots, in particular Regional pilots. I've also checked out Climb to F350 and it contained lots of jobs with the Regional Airlines.
weasil,
I was looking at airlines along the West Coast,and idea's?

Manwell
21st Nov 2000, 18:04
Dear Weasil,

Thanks for the offer. Please tell us the names addresses and details of a few and we'll give them a try.

If I ever get over there, I'll buy you a beer.

I emailed Ameriflight, and I'll let you know the response.