PDA

View Full Version : PUNA_VAPO_Plates

Gulfstreamaviator
9th Mar 2008, 07:43
I have been there before in another life, but plan to go in two days time.

This trip is without the benefit of a secret Indian A/F book of secrets.

Please any plates of RW 10 or 28 would be appreciated.

Else handlers in DEL or BOM might have copies. ?

Thanks guys.

glf

Nevrekar
9th Mar 2008, 16:45
Here is some information that I can provide that might be of help going into VAPO.

The only approach available is to Rwy 28. It is VOR/DME Arc Rwy 28/VORDME Rwy 28. RWY 10 is a pure visual approach.

Pune Approach Freq 122.7 Pune Twr 123.5 1942 Trans Altitude 7000.
PUNE VOR 113.9

MSA N/E sector 5600 S/E/W 6700 N/W 6300.

DME Arc is 12DME. Approaching from the North to join the ARC is 6700 ft until the 001 radial and then descent to 3800 ft. Lead Radial is 080 and inbound radial is 090 (270 course inbound). Following Step downs:

DME 7 3800
DME 6 3610
DME 5 3290
DME 4 2975
DME 3 2655
DME 2 2340
Your minimums may be higher than the stepdowns listed. Normal 2450 with 4 DME fix.
From the South 6700 until Radial 122, then down to 3800. Lead Radial is 100.

If Asked to do overhead procedure in lieu of DME arc then to the VOR then 090 radial outbound to 8 DME, then left turn 045 followed by right turn 225 to join the inbound course of 270.

Coordinates for Dumbell Rwy 28 are: N 18 34 .9 E 073 55.8

Missed Approach RT 305 and climb 4000 Further clim 6700 to join hold or as directed by ATC.
Holding pattern is inbound 123/outbound 303 Left turns.

For Rwy 10 it is a visual circuit, bringing you overhead for left hand pattern.
Sometimes they extend downwind and it can get a bit hazy and hard to keep runway in sight. Hills on the north side.

Information provided is referenced from IAF approach chart dated 27 Jul 06.
I have to add that I cannot be responsible for any inaccuracies or liablities and this is provided for informational purposes only. Please consult the most accurate chart and info provided by your handler. If you are flying an FMS aircraft the RWY and approach will not be in the database and you have to build the approach.

VAPO was closed for several weeks for construction. I believe RWY available is 6500 and work still progressing.

Hope this helps you in some way.

johnriketes
10th Mar 2008, 08:10
Gulfstreamaviator

I hope you have the necessary permits for Puna, as it is a military airfield also. These permits take some time to procure especially if any crew or pax hold non Indian passports.

Nevrekar
10th Mar 2008, 12:17
Here is some additional information regarding VAPO. They now have ATIS on 127.65--Not listed on the chart.

Magnetic orientation for RWY 10/28 is 096/276.

Rwy 10 Threshold N 1835.0 E 07354.5

Favored Runway seems to be RWY 10 these days. (I was there today).
They brought me overhead at 8000 ft and turned me for a left downwind to descend to 4000 ft (Dighi Hills are on the North Side). Then cleared for a visual. I came overhead at 180 Kts and dropped the gear to get down fast.
They have a habit of keeping you high.
If you stay within 3-4 miles you should be able to keep the Rwy in sight for the visual. PAPI's were not working today (only 1 red light).
Reported and might be fixed by the time you get there.

Once you land they want you to make a 180 at the end (concrete) clockwise turn (Rwy 10). You taxi back and vacate on the left on LIMA and follow the Follow Me truck.

For T/O RWY you take LIMA again and back track and make a counter-clockwise turn for departure. The runway construction is at the end of RWY 10 (departure end). Plus lots of digging going on everywhere.

Birds--we saw a few on approach and on T/O. On take-off temp at 1330 hrs was around 26C. We used Flaps 25 for T/O due to reduced rwy available.

Wishing you an enjoyable trip!

Gulfstreamaviator
12th Mar 2008, 01:42
Leave BOM in 2 hours, after the strike, and spend 4 hours in Puna.

Thanks for data, loaded in my brain, transfer to FMS soon.

Asked briefing office yesterday and was told, military base, charts not available....reply so how do I go there with no plates.....thinking noises....when you get there they will give you plates.......NOT quite what I had in mind.....

When I was based in DEL, I had all the secret military plates, and was made to swear I would not copy them or tell anyone that there were secret bases in Puna and Agra....too late sorry.

Thought of printing the Google Earth Map.....and overlaying the procedure.

Thanks guys.

Nevrekar
12th Mar 2008, 01:57
Have a good trip. I go there today as well. We might see each other parked on the ramp. I won't be there unti late afternoon. Flying the NG in Spicejet colors. We do DEl-PNQ-BLR-DEL today. Only in Pune for 20 mins.

MARCINKO
14th May 2009, 14:57
Hello, can anyone provide me with a chart/ link to a chart or any other resource for the airport layout (GROUND CHART) of Pune (VAPO). I understand that being a military airfield, its not going to be readily available. Im a scenery designer for flight simulation software, and i need details on gates and taxiways. Perhaps Indian pilots familiar with the airport can oblige? Im hoping to release the scenery when fully done free to the online flight sim community.

thank you..

leftseatview
21st May 2009, 15:12
Be sure to put a few Sukhois in the scenery!