Durango
9th Mar 2008, 04:04
Project Horizon - Captain’s 737-EFIS with base in Barbados

Job Role: Captain/s
Job Hours: Full-Time
Job Position: Permanent
Company: AirOne
Salary:
Posted Date: 04 March 2008 14:16:15Excellent opportunity for experienced B737 Captains in start up airline, based in the Caribbean. Captains applying are required to meet the following criteria;

• Current B737 EFIS Type Rating • ICAO Licence • Class 1 Medical • Minimum 4500 hours total time...

Job Role: Captain/s
Job Hours: Full-Time
Job Position: Permanent

Project Horizon - B737 CAPTAIN – EXCITING OPPORTUNITY! / Aviation pilot jobs

• Job Position: Permanent
• Job Hours: Full-Time
• Job Role: Captain/s
• Company: X
• Salary: Excellent Rates
• Posted Date:
Excellent opportunity to join start up low cost airline in the Caribbean.

Successful candidates must have the following:

• Current B737 EFIS Type Rating
• ICAO Licence
• Class 1 Medical
• Minimum 4500 hours total time, with 1000 hours in command on type
• Valid Passport

X offers an exciting challenge with excellent packages/competitive rates and good career progression.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Just seen this in Flight International, anyone know who is behind this, or is this just another 'Carib Express'? Hope not!

Durango :ok:

thehulk
9th Mar 2008, 18:26
Air One, inc :suspect:
I heard that this is the same company that tried to start up in Jamaica a couple of months ago, but were denied an operating certificate, license, etc.. by the Jamaican CAA. I don't know if it was for safety, operational, or poor background or financing, or if they came under to much pressure by the Jam Gov't because they didn't want another competitor for the national carrier "Air Jamaica". Also heard that the people behind this start up have something to do with the cell phone company that is pretty big in the Caribbean - "Digicell". Do not know if they are backing it, or just putting some money into it, or what ? Anyway, it seems they are going to try to open up now in Barbados. Waiting to see what happens, and employing the usual cautiousness when it comes to start ups in the Islands mon !!
Anyone else hear anything ? Let us know.
All the best ! :ok:

NG_Kaptain
10th Mar 2008, 09:57
If they do start, and offer a reasonably good package, there will be a huge exodus from CAL. The Caribbean Airlines pilots are totally fed up with the terms and conditions and the horrible employee-employer relations in that airline , many have left with more about to. If a new airline opens virtually next door to Trinidad you will see a lot of parked 737s in Piarco. The former TALPA chairman and current boss will regret his poor treatment of the pilot body.

chock2chock
10th Mar 2008, 16:38
I hear the gig's been cancelled

CaptW5
11th Mar 2008, 01:10
Airone ON HOLD……

http://notesfromthemargin.wordpress.com/2008/03/07/airone-on-hold/

thehulk
11th Mar 2008, 16:04
Airone on Hold !
Well, with the price of oil now closing in at $108 / barrel, it's enough to make even the most entrenched of carriers worry. It certainly gives pause for thought to opening a new venture; especially an airline, risky.:uhoh:
I think it would do well with careful placement, fare structure and equipment type - and I hope that it does comeabout, but in the current economic climate, caution !

Durango
14th Mar 2008, 11:12
Thanks for the replies and links...Interesting!

Durango

NG_Kaptain
15th Mar 2008, 13:39
BTW Durango, Etihad is hiring B737 efis pilots for the 777 fleet as copilots.

Wyle E Coyote
28th Mar 2008, 21:06
Dear Applicant,
Since our last communication with you our project has been put on hold, as such we are not recruiting at this present time and therefore cannot take your application any further. Should this change we will be in contact with you.
Thank you for taking the time and interest in our project.
The Airone Ventures Team

"Dear Applicant"........that's great!..... I do like the personal touch. It shows they care;)

chrislikesblue
5th Dec 2008, 22:23
Anyone knows if they started operations or not yet?Any contacts?

chock2chock
10th Dec 2008, 16:20
Considering they don't actually....exist (not even an HR dept) -- the fact that they replied at all is in itself a very personal touch. Be happy:)