PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean Maan!

maxrevs
24th May 2001, 06:21
Hey Guys!
Are there any PPruners hanging out in the islands? If so, how about a little info on the job market, who's doing what to who, and how can we all join you?
All the best, Max.

------------------
When I push the panic button, the breaker pops!

maxrevs
26th Jun 2001, 09:16
C'mon Guys,
Any ground based jobs going in the Islands?
Turks & Caicos, Caymans or Bahamas? Somewhere warm. Experienced on DHC-6, BN2A, Cessna Singles and Navajos.
Best regards, Max.

------------------
When I push the panic button, the breaker pops!

DownIn3Green
26th Jun 2001, 14:58
Max,

From a South Fla viewpoint, check www.climbto350.com. (http://www.climbto350.com.) There was an ad recently for Cape Air. They want C-402 drivers for the islands.

Good Luck.

xdc9er
26th Jun 2001, 16:20
maxrevs, checkout an outfit based in St. Maarten, they fly DHC -6's down there, and i hear there's a hell'uva bar at the thresh hold of the runway, (pilots hang out).Rgrds xdc9er.

TowerDog
26th Jun 2001, 20:47
St. Thomas Air always need pilots.
I worked there some 15 years ago when it was called Virgin Air.
Yes, Cape Air also recruiting, they have several bases down there, one if them is STX.
(St. Croix, US Virgin Islands)
Should be plenty of other jobs there as well, but the weather is so nice and so much to do..Sailing and diving and such, that one grows lazy and would rather not work at all.

I spent 3 years in Alaska and 3 years in the Islands, and many other guys did the same.
Some of them flew Alaska in the summer and the Islands in the winter.

I had 7 different jobs in the Virgin Island/Puerto Rico area, but most of those companies are out of bussines:

Aero Virgin Island, Virgin Islands International Airways, Sea-Jet, Southern Flyer, Eastern Metro Express and Virgin Air.

Sure would do it again, it was fun.

------------------
Men, this is no drill...

staticdroop
1st Jul 2001, 15:13
Anybody know anything about rotary jobs out there in the sun if so drop me a line.

maxrevs
17th Aug 2001, 20:38
Well, I'm still here in the "North Country", and starting to worry about winter. Occasionally, I'll try on my mask, snorkel and fins, but look stupid, wandering around the house like that, so getting back to my original pleading, where are all the aircraft maintenance jobs?
Come on, all you Pilot Dudes, help me out!
Best regards, Max

flyingdog
17th Aug 2001, 21:40
Hi guys ! I have got some experience (short runway operations) on BN2 A ... do you know what total time and multi do the operators require ? thanks !

Check 6
18th Aug 2001, 13:59
Based on St. Croix is Seaborne Adventures, flying DHC-6's on floats.

Helo company on St. Thomas is Air Center Helicopters. Their main base in Ft. Worth. I believe they are hiring for the winter season.

Both of above companies have web sites.

Fly safe!

flyingdog
19th Aug 2001, 18:47
thanks for the info ! ;)

flufdriver
20th Aug 2001, 01:26
Island-Air in Grand Cayman is advertising for Pilots, they are operating Twin Otter, Islander and a Navajo.

Good luck

Right Seat
20th Aug 2001, 09:34
How about B1900 operators in the Bahamas? I know of Skyking, but have no info on them. How many 1900s have they got etc...

maxrevs
20th Aug 2001, 21:16
Hi flufdriver,
Do Island Air have any openings for technicians advertised? How can I contact them, and who would I speak to?
Regards, Max

[ 20 August 2001: Message edited by: maxrevs ]

Tucker
22nd Aug 2001, 13:19
Hi people,
I am in need of info regarding The Turks and Caicos Is. and general living conditions there. Also, what are regional airlines looking for in terms of qualifications/flight time?
If anyone can help, pls reply to this post or email me at [email protected]
Thx in advance.......