PDA

View Full Version : KA CPP interview started?

L..
8th Mar 2008, 08:51
I have submitted my application for KA CPP at the end of January but haven't heard anything from them yet.

Someone told me that their interview has started and I wonder whether they have received my application, or I have been screened out at the first stage :ugh:. Unfortunately I didn't find any phone number or email address of the personnel department. Do anyone know that?

And do you know how are the KA interviews going on?

rcswing
10th Mar 2008, 08:34
same here .. i submitted my app in feb but still hvn't heard anything from them...

otrendycar
10th Mar 2008, 14:50
i submitted mine to CX, nothing back yet.

authority
11th Mar 2008, 12:17
i submitted mine to CX, nothing back yet.

What? you submitted your KA application to CX???? :ooh:

otrendycar
11th Mar 2008, 12:20
sorry, i mean i submitted my CPP application to CX.

authority
12th Mar 2008, 05:23
sorry, i mean i submitted my CPP application to CX.

CPP means Cadet Pilot Programme..... and this thread is about CPP of KA. So, do you mean you turned in your KA CPP application to CX??? :eek:

fel_pang
12th Mar 2008, 05:58
can you apply to both KA and CX??

Thanks

rcswing
12th Mar 2008, 06:59
even though KA is wholly owned by CX but they're still different company/Airline .. so.. nothing to lose to apply for both for CX and KA.

L..
12th Mar 2008, 14:52
Thanks for the kind replies.

Have anyone been interviewed by KA?
Would you share the schedule of the recruitment process?

flying_foos
12th Mar 2008, 17:53
I know my friend got invited for first initial test 3 weeks ago. And he is going to do the computer test soon.

I received the email from them about the questions they have about the application but not sure whether they will let me go through cadet pilot programme or maybe something else.

ps. I got CPL + M/E CIR 200 hours

so don't worry...Dragonair is looking at these applications...
if you have any doubt whether they received your application or not, it's a good suggestion that you should hand in your new application to them by hand before the deadline to ensure that you are in the line!!

Good luck to everyone.

rcswing
13th Mar 2008, 04:14
I received the email from them about the questions they have about the application but not sure whether they will let me go through cadet pilot programme or maybe something else.

its a good suggestion that you hand in by hand there ... but since you said you have received the email from them .. can you give us the email address that they used to reply you ..so we can actually ask them whether they have received our applications or not ... cuz i think this might be another way to know too ... thanks !

flying_foos
13th Mar 2008, 16:05
its a good suggestion that you hand in by hand there ... but since you said you have received the email from them .. can you give us the email address that they used to reply you ..so we can actually ask them whether they have received our applications or not ... cuz i think this might be another way to know too ... thanks !

hey ah...sorry
I don't really think they like you to email them and ask because my friend called them up and asked about our applications...they just simply said "WAIT"

I think it's not a good practice to annoy them and hand in by yourself will be a great choice to ensure that your application has been received and hopefully be followed.

Patrick

ps...if you really need it...PM me then

otrendycar
13th Mar 2008, 16:11
i know a guy (right, i know who he is, but he dont know about me, Ok;))
He graduated as Dragon Cadet, and now he is flying on Cathay recently.
So i am actually wondering are they really two different system there now?

flying_foos
13th Mar 2008, 16:36
the KA cadets will operate on CX flight as cruise relief pilot (SO) for one year...

Yes they are same company...

No...they are a lot of things different

takamasa
13th Mar 2008, 22:32
i sent my appplication last week.
i don't expect to receive any replies until april

just be patient.

travistravis
17th Mar 2008, 12:06
well, the hr staff told me that the first interview after aptitude test is around End of May, so applicants after aptitude test needa wait until early May, if cant receive phone calls, then probably have failed the test!

i just had my A. test today....

rcswing
17th Mar 2008, 22:53
hi travis

well, the hr staff told me that the first interview after aptitude test is around End of May, so applicants after aptitude test needa wait until early May, if cant receive phone calls, then probably have failed the test!

when did you applied ? .. you mail ur application or u hand in in-person?

travistravis
18th Mar 2008, 03:17
i mailed my application around the end of January

rcswing
18th Mar 2008, 05:10
hey travis..
i mailed my application around the end of January
wow...u mailed out around late Jan .. and from the other thread.. u said u were invited for the apt test in early Feb .. so.. that was pretty damn fast eh...

well.. cuz i mailed mine out around mid-feb .. still hvn't heard anything.. shxt .. i guess i must got screen out already ... =( ...good luck to you anyways ..

travistravis
19th Mar 2008, 11:51
thx, but anyway, keep waiting, i am sure they will call

28th Mar 2008, 03:06
hey guys,

juz sent mine in 2 days ago...prob havta wait for at least another 3 wks man....

its kinda irritatin havin to attend da A. test or da 1st interview for around 30mins each...given da fact tat i havta travel 1.5 hr juz to get there...well of coz its defo worthwhile...

newayz, hopin to meet u guys durin da selection, gd luck...

G-VSSH
22nd Apr 2008, 15:41
Is there anyone going for the first test on 8th May here???

aviation3000
23rd Apr 2008, 19:24
I'm heading to the KA CPP aptitude test on May 8th!

Anybody else going?

typhoooon
24th Apr 2008, 06:31
aviation3000

when did u hv your written test???

G-VSSH
25th Apr 2008, 05:50
I am going to the Numeric and English test on the 8th May... When did u hv ur first test?

gone_with_the_wind
26th Apr 2008, 10:30
yo, i'll have my written + numeric test on 30/4 ! :ok:

rcswing
26th Apr 2008, 19:33
hey gone with wind ... r u local or overseas ?? GOod luck !

pilotlung
28th Apr 2008, 08:58
Anyone know the detail of KA aptitude test ? Thank You

takamasa
29th Apr 2008, 14:54
i haven't got any news yet

can i say they won't consider me??

or they have another date for other group??

so sad that i can't join this CPP

mavis
1st May 2008, 16:36
I sent mine to KA in March, no one call me or email me.

I also sent my application to Cathay, got the call and finished the 1B interview on Friday (4/25).

takamasa
3rd May 2008, 04:02
mavis, may i ask when u sent ur application to CX??

thz

holdmetight
3rd May 2008, 05:06
takamasa,

i have heard many sources saying that KACPP is not open to those with CPL or above. perhaps you should call them and verify if this is so...

takamasa
3rd May 2008, 06:33
takamasa,

actually, there's one guy holding CPL with multi IFR got invited to the interview.

but i mean it's a rare case.

cosmo_madridsfan
3rd May 2008, 11:30
I know two have been invited...and I have been invited as well...I hold Frozen ATPL + MEIR...

I dont think its a rare case anymore, if you dont qualify for the upper pre-qualified cadet pilot program..they will still put you back in the KACPP pool

holdmetight
3rd May 2008, 12:37
oh really?

my apologies. good luck with your application!!:ok:

takamasa
3rd May 2008, 16:24
hey!!no worries

it's not usual at all.

i am now focusing on CX,

it may happen.

L..
3rd May 2008, 17:54
As mentioned in this thread, I hv sent my application form to KA in late January......after following some advice here I submitted my application form again by hand in late March............and i still hear nth from them.........

I feel so hopeless that they even don't let me do the initial test..........
I wonder if they have more strict requirements than CX????

rcswing
3rd May 2008, 19:57
its seems like the majority who are hving KA CPP appt test on may 8th are overseas applicant .. so.. don't be hopeless for those local applicants out there... and i m also one of it waiting to hear from them too ...
I guess KA is hving the overseas applicant to do the appt test first .. then hopefully the local applicants later ...

pilot_kenny
4th May 2008, 02:21
haha~ I'm one of the local applicants having the written test on 8/5 (maybe because I sent my ap too late?)

btw, add oil together ar!
Continuous passion and effort will send us there.
Wish us luck :)

takamasa
4th May 2008, 02:59
according to KA's website, they will still call people in may

don't know when but it may happen.

don't give up guys.

ckhy
4th May 2008, 11:54
Hi Cosmo,

So you have been invited to the normal cadet pool right? I'm curious why didn't they put you up to the prequalified one. What did recruitment say to you?

Best regards

myhitomi
7th May 2008, 13:18
hi gone_with_the_wind (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=210318) ...
I did the test on the same day as u...i wonder if u hv received any call from KA yet...

thx

flying_foos
10th May 2008, 09:25
I am one of the person who Cosmo was talking about...lol
except that i don't have a fATPL, with only CPL and MECIR

I still got the call for initial

flying_foos
10th May 2008, 09:28
ckhy,

because Cosmo doesn't have 250 hours...and he put PPL on his application lol...so that's why!!

Patrick

aviation3000
24th May 2008, 06:25
Anybody know if anyone from KA's May 8th group got replies yet for the next part of KA's CPP?

I just want to know if replies have been sent, done and over, so I could move on.

Pleas PM me if you know or post some stuff below.

Cheers.

eternalsunshine
28th May 2008, 07:52
hey, i was in the may 8th group too. i just did my aptitude test yesterday.

but i hear some people receiving calls after 3-4 weeks (even though they said 2 weeks), so you should give it another week or two. :)

G-VSSH
28th May 2008, 08:25
I just did my aptitude test today... Hope to get my fone call soon...

Matt_777
1st Jun 2008, 15:46
My first interview is coming thursday...anyone?

vexXed
3rd Jun 2008, 14:57

Not on going Thursday, but the day after.

m3tty
4th Jun 2008, 07:33

Not on going Thursday, but the day after.

Matt_777 and vexXed, just out of curiosity, how long was it before u heard news from KA from when u did your aptitude test?

Cheers

G-VSSH
4th Jun 2008, 14:16
Friday for me too...

And I waited for less than 24hrs after Aptitude Test to get my reply...

vexXed
4th Jun 2008, 14:30
For both test initial tests they contacted me a little over 1 week informing me to come to the next stage.

Noskcid
5th Jun 2008, 05:11
'i know a guy (right, i know who he is, but he dont know about me, Ok;))
He graduated as Dragon Cadet, and now he is flying on Cathay recently.
So i am actually wondering are they really two different system there now?'

I dont know about the interview process, but I think they under go the same training and they are pretty much right next to each other so I wouldn't be surprised