PDA

View Full Version : Digital Projector Question

Tosh McCaber
7th Mar 2008, 23:22
Anyone got a digital Projector? Just got one- an Optoma HD 700x-it plays off my Aiwa home cinema with beautiful huge images on the wall and great sound from the Aiwa speakers- just like being at the cinema.

However- my son now wants to get in on the act with his Playstation 3. The pictures on HD from that are incredibly sharp. Unfortunately, there’s no sound whilst he’s playing back through the PS3.

Does anyone know how to hook up the projector to a) get sound from the PS3, and b) how to hook into the telly set-up to obtain Sky? (We have a Sky+ box , Aiwa DVD Home Cinema, and Toshiba DVD recorder in series with our current telly.))

Look forward to any advice.

Thanks,

Tosh

Hyph
8th Mar 2008, 10:28
There are some menu settings on the PS3 that control what it does with the sound. I think the manual says that it defaults to audio output from all connectors, but I had problems getting sound working when I set mine up.

You can choose which output to direct the sound to: HDMI, AV-multi or Optical. I guess that it might not be set up correctly for your situation.

Go to Settings -> Sound Settings -> Audio Output settings.

For instance: you might use HDMI for video to the projector, but optical for audio to your home cinema amp.

Have a tweak with the options. You might want to experiment with the AV-multi connector to get basic 2-ch audio to the amp - if you can get that working, then take it from there.