PDA

View Full Version : New Generation C130!

ranger703
7th Mar 2008, 18:33
Hi,

Snapped this beast at Lossie yesterday! New generation C130?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/amwaluk/UKAR05.jpg

:rolleyes:

206Fan
7th Mar 2008, 18:39
Two 130s taxing out:)

mlc
7th Mar 2008, 19:01
Really?? :ugh:

Mikhail Sharpowicz
7th Mar 2008, 21:05
Oh come on people - I think it's the C-130Z. You can clearly see it's got props on the back of the wings!! Obviously set to further improve short field take-off and landings. Now we can be ferried directly between Kandahar and Bastion, and still land at all the little FOBs in Afghan.:}

Heywood Djablowme
7th Mar 2008, 22:58
Two 130s taxing out

WAAAAHH!!!

GreenKnight121
8th Mar 2008, 00:29
I dunno... push-pull engine/prop setups worked well for the Dornier flying boats.

How would the turbine exhaust affect the prop blades?

C-130 "superSTOL"? :E

Mactlsm1
8th Mar 2008, 00:37
Got any better quality photos? (including the tail No - (I'm not a spotter)) From what I see it doesn't really add up. Could be a couple of images combined on top of each other, a bit of time lapse photography of the same ac. Also, the radome doesn't look like the right colour for an RAF C130J, but the fairings on the fuselage sides do.

Wiley
8th Mar 2008, 02:30
Ahh, youse cretins know nuffink. It's the until now supersecret C130-J+J.

aviate1138
8th Mar 2008, 05:55
2 sets of wing shadows tell the story..... :)

ranger703
8th Mar 2008, 11:38
I tried:rolleyes:,lol Maybe I should have placed the picture in the caption competition thread?

The shot was planned,altough it came out better than expected,as for quality,well it was crappy weather!

Here's some more,2xC130J's,one a C4 the other a C5.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/amwaluk/PRUNE2-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/amwaluk/PRUNE3-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/amwaluk/PRUNE4-1.jpg

I was just trying to make a boring taxy shot a little more interesting,thanks for the comments.

Now my Typhoon shots later in the day.............well they were certainly not boring,lol.

C130 Techie
8th Mar 2008, 19:41
Oh god please don't post them. We have had enough Typhoon photographs recently thank you.

AIDU

Why should they not be posted? This is a military aviation forum and I am reasonably certain the Typhoon is a military aircraft. You may have have had enough of Typhoon photos others may not. If you don't want to see them you don't have to!

Ranger 703

Excellent pics of the mighty J. Bring on the Typhoons:ok:

Confucius
8th Mar 2008, 22:06
2 sets of wing shadows tell the story.....

Oh dear

Whoooosh!

RAFEmployee
8th Mar 2008, 23:30
C130 Techie - It actually says military aircrew, the forum name is professional pilots rumour network. I don't see why pictures should be included, unless the aircrew of the aircraft are being spoken of in general. How about looking at uk airshow review or fighter control index for pictures.

If the above is going to ignored then comply with this - Get some Merlin pictures! See if I can spot myself ;)

Mactlsm1
9th Mar 2008, 01:37
Quote RAFEmployee

"C130 Techie - It actually says military aircrew, the forum name is professional pilots rumour network. I don't see why pictures should be included, unless the aircrew of the aircraft are being spoken of in general. How about looking at uk airshow review or fighter control index for pictures.

If the above is going to ignored then comply with this - Get some Merlin pictures! See if I can spot myself ;)"

Actually it says this.......

"Military Aircrew, A forum for the professionals who fly the non-civilian hardware, and the backroom boys and girls without whom nothing would leave the ground. Army, Navy and Airforces of the World, all equally welcome here."

Sorry to quote what is actually says again, but some of us are proud of what we produce for the guys who fly them. Some of us can't be the fortunate ones who do fly the hardware, but we are nonetheless part of the "TEAM". Personally Albert means a lot to me, and if I see people taking notice then great!!!

RAFEmployee, if you don't consider that you are part of that Team, then.........:mad:

Rigger1
9th Mar 2008, 07:11
It actually says military aircrew, the forum name is professional pilots rumour network. :yuk:

Look at me I have wings and wear a flying suit - I am the master race, I am a god .... get real and get off your pedestal, I’d like to see how far you get without the rest of the team ...... I bet you're one of those twats who never says thanks to the groundcrew who’ve worked 12 hours straight so you can go flying. :mad:

PS - Love the pics

MTOW
9th Mar 2008, 07:16
Gawd... and here's silly old me, when I started at the top, thinking this was a light-hearted thread.

glad rag
9th Mar 2008, 09:13
Wot I've missed some Typhoon pics WHERE?????????????????????:}

C130 Techie
9th Mar 2008, 09:20
RAF Employee

It actually says military aircrew, the forum name is professional pilots rumour network.

So military aircrew/professional pilots have got nothing to do with military aviation then?

My point was not that we should have loads of pictures of aircraft on here, although I see nothing wrong in that, it was aimed at AIDU who has once again removed a post that he clearly didn't think about before he posted it.

MTOW

They generally do start out as light hearted. Then someone starts getting all pompous, abusive etc. Live and let live. As Mactlsm1 quite rightly points out we all have a part to play and most of us are proud of that contribution.

Mactlsm1

Like you I'm a little puzzled by the radome colour.

engineer(retard)
9th Mar 2008, 10:55
All these experts and all wrong. Shed loads of props on a Lossie picture, must be the mighty Shacks returning from their last QRA sortie.

regards

retard

brakedwell
9th Mar 2008, 11:23
Shed loads of props on a Lossie picture, must be the mighty Shacks returning from their last QRA sortie.

or back from giving the Icelanders hell during the Cod and Chips war. :ok:

ZH875
9th Mar 2008, 16:43
Mactlsm1

Like you I'm a little puzzled by the radome colour.

Maybe a nice new yank one, as the J has been in service some 8 years, and they may just start wearing out by now, or possible birdstrike or sand blast damage.

And as we all know the supply contract (CRILS) probably doesn't allow robbing a K to provide spares for a J.

RAFEmployee
9th Mar 2008, 20:30
Pictures of aircraft in a military aircrew section? Atleast call it military aviation or have a section for military aviation pictures. I know i'm fairly new to this forum compared to some other people but..

RAFEmployee, if you don't consider that you are part of that Team, then.........:mad: - From mactlsm1

this kind of talk towards someone who has recently had a tour in Afghanistan is unbelievable! I'll have you know i'm friendly with my groudcrew, although, you don't take pictures of that do you?

Maybe I should try and fly for America they seem to show a little respect for people.

goudie
9th Mar 2008, 21:14
i'm friendly with my groudcrew, although, you don't take pictures of that do you?

RAFEmployee, then maybe you should.
All Mil. Av. Pics welcome here.

RAFEmployee
9th Mar 2008, 21:17
This is absoloutly stupid, this forum won't be getting any recommendations. Military aircrew and you have aviation pictures.
I'm AIDU on this, no matter how much you guys hate him.

Mactlsm1
9th Mar 2008, 21:25
Quote RAFEmployee

"this kind of talk towards someone who has recently had a tour in Afghanistan is unbelievable!"

And, I'm supposed to know that, how? If it is the case than you have my unreserved apologies, and my thanks.

However, I still consider that you were unnecessarily harsh on C130 Techie. There have been quite a number of threads on Mil Aircrew recently, containing photographs of military aircraft that have been well received.

goudie
9th Mar 2008, 21:26
Why isit that when people post something interesting, others decide to turn threads into utter tripe?

Recognise this quote RAFEmployee?

C130 Techie
9th Mar 2008, 21:33
RAF Employee

The original point I made was about the posters attitude as to what should and should not be posted and not specifically about whether or not pictures should be posted on these forums. It's a simple enough thing not to look at threads if they don't interest you instead of complaining about the content which may well be of interest to others.

Pictures are posted on these pages frequently, some historical, some modern, and are generally well received.

We all have interests in different areas of the aviation world and as the welcome message for this forum suggests those that frequent its pages are not all aircrew but we all have the right to be here.

RAFEmployee
9th Mar 2008, 21:37
Goudie- Have you even read the whole thread? You've just joined in and followed this off topic conversation. I'm trying to make it more debate than argument. Some posts are turned into tripe, seems like this has turned into a plane spotter and military service personnel conversation not a quote spotters one.

mactlsm1- All recieved and accepted.

For the record, i'm merely just trying to put light on the situation. The section name is Military aircrew could it not be changed to military aviation? or another section below it called Military pictures.

I feel i've been misinterpreted.

RAFEmployee
9th Mar 2008, 21:39
I'm sure they do, I don't mind seeing them either, however, I'm sure you can see how it doesn't fit in.

C130 Techie
9th Mar 2008, 21:47
Not really, but then thats just a difference of opinion which is what discussion forums are all about.

ranger703
9th Mar 2008, 23:26
BTW guys,I posted the picture as a bit of light-hearted entertainment,I will however refrain from posting such in the future if it concludes in cluttering up of the forum.

For the record,for those that do not know me,I am serving military(22yrs so far and plenty more to do!) and I happen also to be an aviation photographer or spotter as some people insist on calling such like.

The sole reason for posting such shots on here and I'm sure other photographers would agree,is primarily for the aviators benefit,I have certainly distributed a fair amount of pictures to the like after showing them on this forum.Indeed 3 of my shots adorn this years Flight Safety calendar purely as a result of this forum.

Regards

Mactlsm1
10th Mar 2008, 01:01
Quote: - ranger 703

"BTW guys,I posted the picture as a bit of light-hearted entertainment,I will however refrain from posting such in the future if it concludes in cluttering up of the forum.

For the record,for those that do not know me,I am serving military(22yrs so far and plenty more to do!) and I happen also to be an aviation photographer or spotter as some people insist on calling such like.

The sole reason for posting such shots on here and I'm sure other photographers would agree,is primarily for the aviators benefit,I have certainly distributed a fair amount of pictures to the like after showing them on this forum.Indeed 3 of my shots adorn this years Flight Safety calendar purely as a result of this forum.

Regards"

ranger 703,
Please DO NOT consider not posting further. I, for one really appreciated your efforts, and the way you did it. That first photo was "perfect", with the second ac masked by the first. I thought that it was almost too perfect, hence my comments about 2 shots merged, or time lapse photos. I too am a very keen phographer of miltary aircraft, of ALL sorts and it would be sad if this were to put you off.

BTW - Get some time in! (I will have have done 30 years by Sep this year! and still another 9 left 'til 55):ok:

Mac

KarlADrage
10th Mar 2008, 06:54

Well said Andy.

Every single set of images I've posted so far has reached at least one of the people involved and they have been extremely grateful to receive the hi-res copies as a result. In all probability if it wasn't for posting them here, they wouldn't have otherwise tracked them down.

That said, I can understand the concerns about the site turning into a UKAR spin-off...

RAFEmployee
10th Mar 2008, 10:01
Sorry to cause that feeling.
As I said, I don't personally have a problem with the pictures, just the fact that the section is called military aircrew and was looking for a name change rather a stop on the pictures.
Keep them coming!

ranger703
10th Mar 2008, 10:46
Would it be an idea to open a gallery thread similar to the one that is open in Rotorheads?

At least that way, only those interested in viewing images could do so.

Just a thought.

RAFEmployee
10th Mar 2008, 12:22
Indeed mate, or atleast change this section to military aviation.

RAFEmployee
10th Mar 2008, 14:57
Agreed 1.4g, however, I feel the password would be a bit extreme.

Loads of pictures will come and it will change the forum section i'm sure.
So an area is in order

N Joe
10th Mar 2008, 17:48
Ranger

Semantics aside, PPRUNE is a chat room for those involved in military aviation. As such, I believe light-hearted (but still relevant) threads such as yours sit happily alongside more serious debates. Those that aren't interested should just pass the thread by.

On a personal note, having left Lyneham last year, when it comes to the Js, I'll always be a "spotter" like you. And the post explaining that it was two taxying out in line (wah?) brought a real smile.

N Joe