PDA

View Full Version : Club refuses to pay jailed player - FA does FA to back them up.

Andy Rylance
6th Mar 2008, 14:44
You have to be joking....It isn't April 1st?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/7280939.stm

tony draper
6th Mar 2008, 15:03
Par for the course in this lunatic asylum we inhabit now, it's a veritable paradise for criminals.
:suspect:

MadsDad
6th Mar 2008, 18:36
Assuming that the 5 months is the period he was on remand during that time he would not have turned up for training or for the matches. That would, I would have thought, put him in breach of his contract so there should be no need to pay him for it.

Any recompense available would be by suing the people responsible for preventing him attending for false imprisonment and, since he has been found guilty, his imprisonment was perfectly legal (and will, I beleive, count towards his sentence) so that won't work either.

So the judgement by the FA is flawed (and should be challenged in court).

(Proper legal interpretation by someone who actually knows what they are talking about appreciated).

tony draper
6th Mar 2008, 18:42
I would have thought people like footballers in the public eye would have some kind of clause in their contract about behaving in a manner that is liable to bring their club into disrepute,perhaps if they haven't they should have.
There are many jobs/careers/professions where being involved in a robbery would earn you instant dismissal or get you struck off.
:cool: