PDA

View Full Version : MRO world Central and South America

chips737
6th Mar 2008, 13:52
I am taking my plane in for a heavy "C" and want to do it in Central or South America. Perhaps Aero Man.

Whats the quality of the work at MRO's in this part of the world? I know that the bill rate is half the US Rate which is why I am considering this but wonder what the quality is and if they can get a plane out on time.....Can anyone share some first hand experience??:ugh:

Chip

leondelfierro
6th Mar 2008, 14:39
Check this www.airman.cl (http://www.airman.cl)

FAA certified for Check A, B and C for 737 100 trough 500 series

Must be pretty decent level of service, Lan Airlines and their subsidiaries, Aerolineas Argentinas, Pluna, Varig, and quite a few other from all over the world mostly South american and Africa bring their planes here, plus some US customer too, lots of 737 work here but some Airbus and 767 too...

About the delivery times I don't know a lot, but i know some mechanics that work there i can ask them for an average delivery time if you want.

cheers
Joaquin

PA38-Pilot
7th Mar 2008, 01:40
About Aeroman, AFAIK they don't only do their service to TACA group, but also to Jetblue, and a few more... and I guess they wouldn't send their aircraft there if it wasn't good.

Disclaimer: If something goes wrong, I'm not responsible for your 5'000'000+ dollar airplane :}