PDA

View Full Version : Cityjet Interview

3wings2wheels
6th Mar 2008, 12:06
Hi all

I have a Cityjet interview coming up shortly, Ive done a search and found a fair bit of info, but mainly about the psychometric testing and the sim test. Is there anybody who has been for an interview recently that would be prepared to share any info about the interview.

many thanks

3wings

dingbat2407
7th Mar 2008, 06:07
3wings2wheels,

How many hours do you have? I only ask because i'd love to fly for CityJet and have always been rejected at the first hurdle.:ugh:

jbkettering
7th Mar 2008, 20:29
Interview is a little chit chat about previos type flown, V1,Vr,V2,swept wing, Cat C airports ect. ect.
Don't tell lies be your self and if you don't know the answer tell them and go on.
They are good guys and they will help you.

I'm in the comp. over 18 months and it is still good and I've seen a few comp.

All the best

JBK

3wings2wheels
9th Mar 2008, 20:11
Thanks for the reply JBK. Doesn't sound to scary, I am actually quite looking forward to it, sure that will change on the day though.

If anybody else has anything to add, it will be appreciated.

For info 2500hrs ish, mainly instructing.

3wings

Mister Geezer
10th Mar 2008, 03:07
I laugh at them asking about a swept wing since the 146/RJ by definition does not have a swept wing!!!

RB311
10th Mar 2008, 13:24
it does actually, a partial swept wing....

jbkettering
15th Mar 2008, 13:10
Would you guys please explain what a swept wing is then.
Depending what your answer is I might beleave you.

JBK

billington
24th Mar 2008, 13:04
Like you, I have the same interview coming up. According to info received, it's a big non-event, more like a friendly chat. The only tech question was about Dutch Roll.

I'm trying to ascertain what captains take home is monthly. Any idea?

Brgds

Billington.

3wings2wheels
26th Mar 2008, 20:49
Yes, friendly chat with friendly Guys. Can't help with the captains salary though, as only discussed first/second officers payscale (everyone starts as second officer until your ATPL is unfrozen).

Made it sound a nice job, although I still have to prove myself in the sim.

Thats if I get the chance, as yet still haven't heard from them since the interview. I would be interested to know if anybody else who was interviewed last week has heard anything yet.

3wings